DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android].

so far I patched, tested and uploaded versions
2.6.0, 2.9.1 and 3.0.1

only one single byte had to be changed in the sources
now you'll get warning about having old version, but there is [Remind me later] button

most probably you won't be able to install it directly over your current version (certificate mismatch), so:
1. make a backup of your current version, especially your flight logs
2. uninstall your current DJI GO
3. install patched DJI GO
4. have fun

if you have TitaniumBackup installed, you can do it like this:
1. in TB: do a backup of DJI GO, including external data (check if max size is set at least to 100 MB)
2. uninstall DJI GO
4. in TB: restore Data only of DJI GO
5. install patched DJI GO once again
6. have fun

and now I feel like a game cracker :cool:

Thanks for making the .zip files available,I deleted my old version of Go and I used your 2.9.1 version and it worked fine got past the update later prompt but no maps visible in the map box? Have I missed a vital step.

Screen shot from update screen info.
1486982292906.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew both today and yesterday , yesterday with a WiFi connection(nearly out of range) by the time I returned from a 12 minute flight, I finally had the map loaded.

So, I cached the entire map of Hawaii, then zoomed in on the area I wanted to fly, tried flying again, no map!

So, this morning, set here maps to ofline mode, verified I can zoom in on map, clised here map app, launched go, no maps after 5 minutes( no WiFi)

Shut down, loaded here maps, zoomed in on flying area, restarted go, No Maps!

Anyone know WTF is going on?

I normally do not have a connection to Internet when flying, and caching does not seem to work.
That's one of some reason i don't like heremaps in dji.go.....

Sent from my D5503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

so far I patched, tested and uploaded versions
2.6.0, 2.9.1 and 3.0.1

only one single byte had to be changed in the sources
now you'll get warning about having old version, but there is [Remind me later] button

most probably you won't be able to install it directly over your current version (certificate mismatch), so:
1. make a backup of your current version, especially your flight logs
2. uninstall your current DJI GO
4. have fun

if you have TitaniumBackup installed, you can do it like this:
1. in TB: do a backup of DJI GO, including external data (check if max size is set at least to 100 MB)
2. uninstall DJI GO
4. in TB: restore Data only of DJI GO
5. install patched DJI GO once again
6. have fun

and now I feel like a game cracker :cool:
Thank you so much for doing this. I downloaded the modified 2.9.1 and installed it. It connects with the P4 just fine. In that respect all seems to be well. The only wrinkle is that the maps block comes up and says Google, but is blank. It doesn't even put the P4's icon one it. It is totally blank. I am connected with my home wifi. The tablet is a NVIDIA K1. What am I doing wrong?

well, I don't know, but you are right, map is not downloading from the server
I checked in my other patched versions and it works there just fine
so maybe it's just some bug in 2.9.1?
I really don't know, I have never used this version
any chance you could patch 2.8.3? I wont ask for anymore! :)

well, I don't know, but you are right, map is not downloading from the server
I checked in my other patched versions and it works there just fine
so maybe it's just some bug in 2.9.1?
I really don't know, I have never used this version
Thanks for the quick reply and all your efforts to make this thing better for us!! As they say you are the man. I will try the 3.0.1 version and see how it works out.

If your map doesn't show...

so, I spent few hours digging and testing, why that d*mn map isn't showed
now I know it
DJI must have added some APK-certificate check into those newer versions of DJI GO (I don't know what version it started in, but I can tell that 2.4.3 doesn't contain this check and that 2.8.3 does)
and because it's not possible to edit apk without certificate change, those patched versions fail that check and map is hidden
unfortunately this is not something I can patch directly in the apk
but there are few options how to bypass it, but I'm afraid all of them require your phone/tablet is rooted

I'll assume that you already installed my patched version
I'll start with easiest way:
(in all cases, manually backup your flightlogs to a safe place!!!)

A) you have rooted phone/tablet with TitaniumBackup and you have backup of DJI GO from moment where map worked just fine
A1. restore Data only from that backup
A2. that's all, map should be working fine

B) your phone can install patched version over original version, without need to uninstall the original version
B1. install original version of DJI GO again (or uninstall patched version and install original version), don't open it
B2. make sure DJI GO is closed completely and turn internet connections off
B3. delete folder cache located in internal SD card: Android/data/dji.pilot/
B4. open DJI GO and either open any of the stored flight records or enter camera mode (in this case at least RC must be turned on and connected with phone) and switch to map
B5. you should see empty map - turn the internet connection on - map should be displayed and then popup message will be displayed (forcing you to upgrade)
B6. close DJI GO, install patched DJI GO and map should be working fine

C) you have rooted phone/tablet
C1. if you don't have one, install some sort of root file manager to your phone/tablet (Root explorer, Total Commander, ...) and give root access to it if it hasn't got it
C2. download this file, unzip it and transfer to your phone/tablet
C3. open that file manager and copy that transferred _m_t file into (root folder) data/data/dji.pilot/files/
C4. open this file's properties and set Permissions to -rw-rw---- (660), set UID to DJI GO and set GID to DJI GO
C5. your map in DJI GO should be visible again

if you don't have rooted phone, I can see only these 3 possibilities for you:
- if you don't need map - install my patched version
- if you need map,
-- delete folder mentioned in B3 and install older DJI GO, for example 2.4.3 (I tested it, there is no force-upgrade popup at the moment)
-- or upgrade to version DJI wants you to

good luck people

Reactions: SZNJ732 and Digdat0
Because im kinda a bastard, I'm continuing to push the conversation with DJI via email. I don't have hopes they will actually change it, but I'm pressing it. Last two responses.

First:

Dear digdat0,
Thank you for the prompt response, we do understand your frustration's.
What we can do about this issue is to have it forwarded to our R & D Department for future product enhancement.
Hopefully this option to bypass the update will be available soon.
You're patience and understanding is highly appreciated on this matter.
Best Regards,
DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Pressing them:

Dear digdat0,
We understand where you are coming from, this suggestion was already been forwarded and hopefully there will be an option to by pass the update.
If there is an update on this concern it will be posted on our website.
Please bear with us on this and thank you for the support on DJI Products.
Best Regards,
DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Everytime they respond (they probably shouldnt), i keep asking the same thing .. please remove this forced update in the app. Big thanks to ferraript for his assistance.

Golly!
I am just a beginner and am bamboozled by all these posts.
I hardly look at the screen while flying so, if I can manage with a different map (that I don't look at), will everything else be the same for me as before?
It seems that I could use Google Maps by using an Apple screen yet Google are the champions of the Android OS. The world has gone mad.

I honestly understand why some will not want to update when your favorite version didn't have issues or you liked the maps better on certain versions, I don't mind which maps or version I have as long as it works without a glitch, now with that said I started to realize I should be worried more than some of you because I bought my bird used and if I have a fly away I would be in serious trouble since I don't have the original sales receipt and won't be able to hold DJI accountable for a fly away caused by their app. :(:(

I'd be interested in knowing what you had to change. :)
DJI GO checks at DJI's servers if new version is available - and if this new version has special flag, DJI GO displays that popup message forcing users to upgrade
and I did set, that if new version has this special flag, DJI GO ignores it

Reactions: Digdat0
Golly!
I am just a beginner and am bamboozled by all these posts.
I hardly look at the screen while flying so, if I can manage with a different map (that I don't look at), will everything else be the same for me as before?
It seems that I could use Google Maps by using an Apple screen yet Google are the champions of the Android OS. The world has gone mad.
Yes, for the most part. The UI changes a little .. thats why i wanted to stay on the older version, i was used to it and preferred how it looked. Personal choice i think .. most others though, are not using the latest because HERE maps are insufficient for their geographic area. Odds are good that the latest version will be just fine for you then.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl