DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android].

Wish there was a way to shut off the DJI "Updates Required" messages unless I wanted to look. Annoying!

Got my tin-foil hat out and thought, "This would be a good way to take all drones out of service in a country if whatever country decided "We don't want no stinkin' drones flying 'round here." Whole area becomes a NFZ due to some mandatory update. A massive brickware update - like they don't do that at times now! :rolleyes: :eek:

there is, follow method #4 in the doc here. It wont prompt you for update again! How to: Fixing the forced upgrade in DJI Go for Android

Reactions: quaddamage
I have 2.9.1 with no maps .Is this the case with everyone who has tried the various versions (apart from 2.4 and below) or has it worked for some but not for others ?
I'm just wondering whether I should try one of the other apps before doing anything else ?
Thanks

I have 2.9.1 with no maps .Is this the case with everyone who has tried the various versions (apart from 2.4 and below) or has it worked for some but not for others ?
I'm just wondering whether I should try one of the other apps before doing anything else ?
Thanks

you installed the editted apk file for 2.9.1? I tried that and i could never get maps to work. I removed it,installed a regular version of 2.9.1 and then editted the two json files (method#4 in the doc above) and i haven't seen a nag since, and it has fully functional google maps.

Reactions: JohnnyB
The trouble is my son usually does all this .He's smart .Takes after his mother .Unfortunately he is away.
I have looked at the folders from the non modified app with the device connected to the computer but I cant find what is shown in Method 4 (see pics )
I must be doing something wrong .I am not that familiar with computers and even less so with android tablets that is the problem.
I do know a lot about sheep and cattle though so anything you need to know.....
Thanks
GO.png GO 2.png

Reactions: Digdat0
follow method #4 in the doc here. It wont prompt you for update again! How to: Fixing the forced upgrade in DJI Go for Android
Thank you for the fix.

I lost a day yesterday due to this. Travelled 5 hours one way, only to run into this issue. Travelled another 5 hours back with nothing. You can imagine what I would do to this little Chinese developer who programmed this message, if he was near me back then.

I went back to 2.9.1 but in my 2nd flight with it lost signal. When signal returned the video had stopped recording and I couldn't start it again (red button did nothing and on screen camera controls were doing nothing). So only recording the first few minutes of the flight. 'Take a picture' button wasn't working either from the remote or the on screen button. This never happened with any previous version of Go which I've been using for about a year. When I checked the flight video later, it was also showing as dated 01/01/2014 Going to switch back to taking the latest version I think. Not too bothered about the maps issue really compared to this.

I have used the above methods to roll back to 2.9.1 on 2 tablets. Both seem to be working ok with no update messages. I am however not able to log in to by DJI account to check/sync my flight logs. When I enter my email and password I get "signin failed. Retry.997" and finally after several attempts "Network Unavailable, check your internet connection".

yup, im getting that 997 error as well, seems DJI is wise to our ways and turning off sync by version and returning an error. Thats a dikc move. i'll play with a few versions and see if it occurs on more .. can other folks on different versions chime in and tell us if they have it too?

k5FFi8c.png

At least I know its not something I've done wrong but does appear to be a typical DJI move blocking logins from older apps. Hopefully someone can come up with a hack to get it working again, as a workaround I just copied the log over to GO4 a synced it with that.

At least I know its not something I've done wrong but does appear to be a typical DJI move blocking logins from older apps. Hopefully someone can come up with a hack to get it working again, as a workaround I just copied the log over to GO4 a synced it with that.
3.0.1 with the json file hack worked just fine for me, i logged in and it pulled up all account info. this version still has google maps.

Installed and can now login ok. Not tried it with the P4 yet but cant envisage any problems.

I know you don't want to hear this but FW 1.8.1 and Go App 3.1.4 are working beautifully , great range , no signal loss even follow me mode is working , no video lag , cached maps ( unfortunately Here maps ) remain after device is powered off .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj