DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android].

for about 8 months or more i used dji go 2.4.3 on a nvidia shield k1 tablet, yesterday i had to update and today i did four flights, on the 1st the app crashed 3 times, on the 2nd the app crrashed 2 times, on the third 4 times and on the fourth the app crashed 3 times. during those 8 months the 2.4.3 crashed 5 times tops, and im a heavy user with over 500 km flown.

this is a shitty update...

I'm not taking a position with what DJI did, but as a software developer I can understand why they did it. I would guess that any or some combination of the following reasons tipped their decision into forcing the upgrade.
  1. There was a bug when you set the user's current position as the new home position that they say is fixed in 3.1.3. DJI decided the risk to losing a drone was greater than the fury and annoyance of the users who did not want to upgrade.
  2. It cost too much to support multiple versions of the app. With Android, they have to test their app on every Android device they explicitly support. Multiple that with each version of Android available for each device. Then multiply that with each DJI model supported. Then multiply that with each DJI model's firmware support. That's just for the current version of the app. If you want to support previous versions, it gets unmanageable very quickly.
Android development testing is very different than iOS. With iOS, you have a single vendor for the OS and the hardware and much smaller number of device models. Android is tremendously fragmented between the number of different devices and chipsets and OS versions.

im also a software developer and know the pain in the *** it is to develope for android, my apps work like a charm on samsung s6 and only on s6. on other devices they might not look very well, but thats because i have 3 employees on my company and dont have the money to develope for the thousand options available on adroid (processor, screen resolution, os version) on the other hand dji is a billion dollar company with hundreds of employees so your #2 guess is not an option for me. i would expect the app to work like a charm in different devices.

fortunately no such a problems with DJI GO 2.4.3 (which I use)

i was using 2.4.3 and booooooom, had to update yesterday...

Last edited:
ok, so I tried to install 2.6.0 and boom, there is the same problem as you guys have
I looked into sources, did a little digging and I have a solution for all of you
disadvantages:
1. most probably it's valid for Android users only (I don't even know if the same problem is on iOS version)
2. you won't be able to use internet connection while using DJI GO

so:
1. download attached zip, unzip it and copy those 2 files somewhere to your phone (so you can use them again and again)
2. run DJI GO and cache your maps that you need
3. close DJI GO completely
4. turn off internet connection
5. use some file browser (I recommend Total Commander) and navigate to internal SD card's folder \Android\data\dji.pilot\cache (it may seem familiar as we put .DJI.configs into \Android\data\dji.pilot\files)
6. you can see there are the same 2 files - replace them with the files you copied into your phone
7. enjoy DJI GO with no forced upgrade ;)

I think I should be able to patch apk in a way that this message will never be displayed, even when phone is connected to the internet
if anybody would like to try, choose version number to patch

I there, im triyng to found that folder but cant find it, can you please help me.(im using the nexus 7 )

I there, im triyng to found that folder but cant find it, can you please help me.(im using the nexus 7 )

You have to have opened the DJI Go App once for that folder to exist. If its not there, turn your phone/tablet into airplane mode, then open DJI Go. Then, close DJI go and the folder will exist.

This is the last response from DJI. I have really no hopes, was more having fun driving the point home. Atleast we know they are fixing ALL of the bugs ;)

Dear digdat0,

With regards to your concern regarding a possible by pass on updating the DJI Go App, upon coordinating to a higher support that would not be possible.

The updates was intended to fix all the bugs, glitch and adding some additional feature on the unit, failed to update the app my cause an inconsistency between the unit and the application itself.

We hope you understand this case.

Thank you and have a great day!

9Z2XIgt.png

Had to update as well today. Really annoying as I was away from home. Had to go into a pub and ask for their wifi password and wait 15 minutes for it to download before I could fly. Was perfectly happy with whatever previous version I had, and had developed a level of trust with it. Forcing you to update sucks.

I wonder how this works if you operate commercially. If you've written an operations manual (I think you have to do that in the UK). Then dji come along and do this and everything you've done is obsolete!

Sent from my SM-T810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just want to say a massive thank you to ferraript for doing these apps. I loaded it up and got one message about an update which I pressed cancelled. Came out of the app, went back in... No updates prompting me to upgrade. Haven't flown the P3A yet but happy that I rolled back this time with out DJI forcing me to upgrade

1487300258172.png

Neon Euc

Reactions: sinxa
i was using 2.4.3 and booooooom, had to update yesterday
that doesn't make sense, because 2.4.3 is using older URL where I just checked there is still no forced upgrade
so you had to do something wrong
if you delete folder mentioned in B3 step and install DJI GO 2.4.3, you should be good to go
just little warning: in DJI GO 2.4.3 you won't be able to see flightlogs created with newer versions of DJI GO

Reactions: chapsrlz
that doesn't make sense, because 2.4.3 is using older URL where I just checked there is still no forced upgrade
so you had to do something wrong
if you delete folder mentioned in B3 step and install DJI GO 2.4.3, you should be good to go
just little warning: in DJI GO 2.4.3 you won't be able to see flightlogs created with newer versions of DJI GO

thanks, ill give it a try tomorrow morning.

about the flight logs. the update added me like a hundred kms in countries ive never been to...

16711914_10154555278919022_7555669877254829368_n.jpg

i have dji go 2.8.3..tried in my yard and got that update message..thanks ferraript..did what you said and now the message to update is longer showing up..thank god theres people like you..you are the man..thanks for all the work you have done to help everyone on this board

Reactions: Digdat0
i started having trouble with no map so i tried 2.9.1,2.8.3 patched with no luck..i then downloaded 2.7.2 and i worked perfectly..thanks again

This is strange....i could almost suare that there was another tread few days ago here with this problem...

Sufferin of the same problem, someone share 2 files and hack this. It did work for me and i am again with 2.7.2 + google maps.

To the Assole of facebook moderator "DJI ownrs Group", i feel pity of you to remove me without warning.....

Reactions: SergeyP
What is the answer?
There is nothing Strange !!
If it takes more questions asked, in this case, you have to close the post

This is strange....i could almost suare that there was another tread few days ago here with this problem...

Sufferin of the same problem, someone share 2 files and hack this. It did work for me and i am again with 2.7.2 + google maps.

To the Assole of facebook moderator "DJI ownrs Group", i feel pity of you to remove me without warning.....
you gotta edit component_upgrade_list.json and list.json, remove this

"android":"3.1.3",
"significant1":"0",
"ios":"0.0",
"significant2":"0"

So that it only looks like this:

{"application":
{},

I should have a how-to vid up today.

Reactions: Mordor
you gotta edit component_upgrade_list.json and list.json, remove this

{"application":
{},

I should have a how-to vid up today.

Someone post here on the forum the 2 files....was this tread closed?
Later i will look on my Hystorical Mozilla for the correct tread...

Thanks Digdat0, I know this method ,
but I thought I'd find another way.:(
So theres really 3 options:

1. Fly without internet connection. This will give you no maps, but will prevent the update.
2. Use the modified APK file which ferraript posted here, he doesnt have 2.8.0 but he does have 2.8.3. I have found 2.8.3 to be more stable than 2.8.0, and since hes already posted 6 different versions, may not be likely he posts more. DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android].
3. Edit the two files mentioned how shown. I would edit the files, rather than downloading someone elses as the component list could be different for your aircraft setup.

These are really your only options. Did you see something other than these three options posted somewhere??

Someone post here on the forum the 2 files....was this tread closed?
Later i will look on my Hystorical Mozilla for the correct tread...
Ahh, yes. Not sure wherre that post went. The two files basically only remove the following parts:

{"application":
{},

I can post these files, gimme a few mins.

Ahh, yes. Not sure wherre that post went. The two files basically only remove the following parts:

{"application":
{},

I can post these files, gimme a few mins.
Files here: DJIGoAndroid_FixedForcedUpdate.rar
these files need to replace the ones in /android/data/dji.pilot/cache/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj