DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android].

Just checked out my system. I'm on an iPad mini 4, running Go 2.8.6, AC FW is 1.9.6 and RC is 1.6. Fired it up and when the app opened, the 'Aircraft Status' page comes up telling me tha a FW upgrade is required. I just close the window, map displays and the motors fire up just fine. No telling if DJI might still get me, but it appears that, for now, my configuration has dodged this bullet.

Reactions: lostinspace
Just checked out my system. I'm on an iPad mini 4, running Go 2.8.6, AC FW is 1.9.6 and RC is 1.6. Fired it up and when the app opened, the 'Aircraft Status' page comes up telling me tha a FW upgrade is required. I just close the window, map displays and the motors fire up just fine. No telling if DJI might still get me, but it appears that, for now, my configuration has dodged this bullet.
I think the issue is with Android only, not iOS.

Reactions: sinxa
Re DJI/Here partnership link . I could get a job writing articles like that .I've got a great imagination and people are always telling me Im full of it..

Reactions: Electro32
DJI admitted with 3.1.2 ver 581 there was an error in the code. They resolved that in 3.1.2 ver 582.

However as some people were not aware of the issue they decided to issue a new firmware and make everyone update. I am flying with it 3.1.3 and not having any issues. I also was not affected by the fly away issue a few people had.

I just did a 6000ft distance flight today and no dramas at all. The 12000ft total trip took me just over 6 minutes.

Reactions: grin factor
DJI admitted with 3.1.2 ver 581 there was an error in the code. They resolved that in 3.1.2 ver 582.

However as some people were not aware of the issue they decided to issue a new firmware and make everyone update. I am flying with it 3.1.3 and not having any issues. I also was not affected by the fly away issue a few people had.

I just did a 6000ft distance flight today and no dramas at all. The 12000ft total trip took me just over 6 minutes.

Correction : Application Software, not firmware.

Sent from my D5503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Please check the thread tittle. It's written [Android].

ok, so I tried to install 2.6.0 and boom, there is the same problem as you guys have
I looked into sources, did a little digging and I have a solution for all of you
disadvantages:
1. most probably it's valid for Android users only (I don't even know if the same problem is on iOS version)
2. you won't be able to use internet connection while using DJI GO

so:
1. download attached zip, unzip it and copy those 2 files somewhere to your phone (so you can use them again and again)
2. run DJI GO and cache your maps that you need
3. close DJI GO completely
4. turn off internet connection
5. use some file browser (I recommend Total Commander) and navigate to internal SD card's folder \Android\data\dji.pilot\cache (it may seem familiar as we put .DJI.configs into \Android\data\dji.pilot\files)
6. you can see there are the same 2 files - replace them with the files you copied into your phone
7. enjoy DJI GO with no forced upgrade ;)

I think I should be able to patch apk in a way that this message will never be displayed, even when phone is connected to the internet
if anybody would like to try, choose version number to patch

hey thanks again for this ferraript!! Whats the chance you could patch the 2.9.1 apk for andoid??

Reactions: Msvet
run DJI GO and cache your maps that you need
it's funny, nobody has come to the conclusion that it's impossible to achieve this? :D
because if you want to cache maps, you'll need internet connection and in that very moment DJI's popup will be displayed

so my offer is still valid
I should be able to patch DJI GO in a way that the message will never be displayed even with the internet connection
if anybody's interested, just say version number and I can try...

Reactions: Digdat0
so far I patched, tested and uploaded versions
2.6.0, 2.6.1, 2.7.2, 2.8.3, 2.9.1 and 3.0.1

only one single byte had to be changed in the sources
now you'll get warning about having old version, but there is [Remind me later] button

most probably you won't be able to install it directly over your current version (certificate mismatch), so:
1. make a backup of your current version, especially your flight logs
2. uninstall your current DJI GO
3. install patched DJI GO
4. have fun

if you have TitaniumBackup installed, you can do it like this:
1. in TB: do a backup of DJI GO, including external data (check if max size is set at least to 100 MB)
2. uninstall DJI GO
4. in TB: restore Data only of DJI GO
5. install patched DJI GO once again
6. have fun

note:
in some cases, map is not shown in my patched versions
read about solution here

Last edited:
2.6.0 and 2.9.1
now you'll get warning about having old version, but there is [Remind me later] button

most probably you won't be able to install it directly over your current version (certificate mismatch), so:
4. have fun

1. in TB: do a backup of DJI GO, including external data (check if max size is set at least to 100 MB)
2. uninstall DJI GO
6. have fun

and now I feel like a game cracker :cool:
You are the man that's great, download and working like a charm. Thanks for sorting that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew today using the latest app and firmware with no issues so far. I do prefer Google maps mainly because that's what I'm used to. With Samsung Note 5 I've had to cache my maps before a flight with both so I haven't really seen much of a difference having to us the HERE maps.

I flew both today and yesterday , yesterday with a WiFi connection(nearly out of range) by the time I returned from a 12 minute flight, I finally had the map loaded.

So, I cached the entire map of Hawaii, then zoomed in on the area I wanted to fly, tried flying again, no map!

So, this morning, set here maps to ofline mode, verified I can zoom in on map, clised here map app, launched go, no maps after 5 minutes( no WiFi)

Shut down, loaded here maps, zoomed in on flying area, restarted go, No Maps!

Anyone know WTF is going on?

I normally do not have a connection to Internet when flying, and caching does not seem to work.

2.6.0 and 2.9.1

4. have fun

2. uninstall DJI GO
6. have fun

lol .. this is like the 'no-cd' patch equivalent for our phantoms :) I still use those just so my kids can play older star wars games and not scratch my discs. Much appreciated man. I'm downloading both now, will test out.

2.6.0 and 2.9.1

4. have fun

2. uninstall DJI GO
6. have fun

3.0.1 And i would be a happy camper, thank you

Just remember that Google is banned in China so DJI needs a map that they can use for the China customers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20