DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android].

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with not down gradable and they may not like the use of the debug file... Ie you must use this app and by the way your bird won't fly without it... Call me sceptical.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
HERE maps is a joke. I cannot downgrade either. Same messages and same exact issues as above. Wonder why they got rid of google maps?

EDIT: My app under ME, settings, lower page says V 3.1.3 (585) Thought we were still on 582?

I Posted this on DJI's forum as well. Hit them in their checkbook .. call them.

Everyone - call DJI and complain. They have a USA based support and it will cost them about $5-10 per phone call they have to answer. Lets flood their phones with calls complaining .. it will cost them, and then their call records will show the complaints and their engineering group will hear about it.

Their US Support # is 1-818-235-0789

Rest of the numbers for Global:
CHINA: +86 4007000303 Mon-Sun 9:00AM-12:30PM; 2:00PM-9:00PM (GMT+8)
HONG KONG CHINA: +852 3060 6038 Mon-Sun 9:00AM-12:30PM; 2:00PM-9:00PM (GMT+8)
MACAU CHINA: +853 6262 1485 Mon-Sun 9:00AM-12:30PM; 2:00PM-9:00PM (GMT+8)
TAIWAN: +886 2 8723 0819 Mon-Sun 9:00AM-12:30PM; 2:00PM-9:00PM (GMT+8)
UNITED STATES & CANADA: +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)
GERMANY: +49 (0) 9771-177 3000 Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 3:00PM (GMT+1)
NETHERLANDS: +31 20 654 5202 Mon-Fri 10:00AM - 7:00PM (GMT+1)
UNITED KINGDOM: +44 2076603037 Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM (GMT+0)

Reactions: grin factor
im on the line with them. seems uninstall, download apk, turn on airplane mode, install DJI go will bypass .. but the moment you reconnect to internet, this message will block you. The guy on the line isn't even familiar with it .. 2nd time hes talking to supervisor now.

Reactions: sinxa
okay, so these guys will give you the run around. He basically said i needed to update to the latest .. i told him no, im not doing that. He asked why, told him i have issues with the maps and needed 2.9.x to work. Said I need to update .. said no. He advised that i then email a screenshot to [email protected] and they would be the ones to take to engineering. I asked for a case number, he didn't want to give .. as he didn't create it. So he started to take my info in his CRM tool to actually create a case.

If you call, make them create and give you a case number. This will ensure they log the call - this guy wasn't going to do that.

I'm emailing them now. Will see .. this is 100% server side, its a "tip" they are pushing out somehow. I've blocked notifications and still coming ..

Reactions: grin factor
can you still upload logs from the flight records in 2.4.3? ty for commenting btw, that could be a good workaround.
I can try tomorrow, it's night here, so I can't make new flight
but I doubt there will be problems with that

and if you are wondering how is it possible that DJI GO always displays that message, there are 2 possibilities:
1. not DJI GO, but Google Play Services is doing it
2. (but most likely) as soon as phone/tablet is connected to the internet, DJI GO downloads that information from its server (remember that even if you close the app, there are still background processes running) and writes it to its database/preferences. And it doesn't matter if you disconnect from the internet then, when you open the app again, it reads that message from that database/preferences.

Just for the extra input it's not region locked. I'm in London, England and I have no choice but to upgrade [emoji20]
1486757111644.png

Neon Euc

Reactions: sinxa
one more warning
if you downgrade app down to 2.4.3, you won't be able to see older flight logs made with newer versions of the app, because they use new flycVersion that DJI Go 2.4.3 can't recognize
there is also risk you can lose all those flightlogs while synchronizing with DJI servers

Reactions: sinxa and Digdat0
OK so spoke to dji twice on the phone. Both times they would not create a case number as I was told there were already too many calls on this issue and they were going to forward the information to another department... so it seems that there are complaints are being heard...'ish

Any ways we know this much: We cannot downgrade the app versions and those who DO have earlier app versions are seemingly being forced to upgrade if they want to continue using the DJI GO app. Correct?

So knowing that is anyone experiencing any improvements or degradation? I flew around in the back yard for a few before the winds picked up and noticed the RTH was back to normal. Anyone else confirm this? I will not be able to get out until this weekend for a range test. Has anyone else here gotten some range since this upgrade? How was video,signal connection etc??

We know we cant go back at this moment so lets see if there has been any negative (or positive changes) with this new 'forced' version.

I've got my case number on the chat, she seemed aware of the problem and dint even argue and even provided the legal team email when I asked what legislation they were using to force me to use this version of software which I did not choose.

No kidding, well what the heck!?! Spoke to them twice and to no avail! Hmm

Try the online chat, my complaint was the forced use of an inferior map and DJI forcing me to use a software I did not agree to use when I purchased the item. Question consumer rights. I don't know what all that means but it sounded good. Lol

Try the online chat, my complaint was the forced use of an inferior map and DJI forcing me to use a software I did not agree to use when I purchased the item. Question consumer rights. I don't know what all that means but it sounded good. Lol

Outstanding, I am on chat now... working in that direction. The phone folks seem overloaded.. haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka