1.07.0090 FW is now official

I have a bit of a problem. I love to read of success and great distance - but then I read the P3S is not out of box and has modifications.

Mine at present only has Icarus SW mod, I downgraded Go App to 2.9.1 as 3.0.1 was unreliable and a Windsurfer .... but I have ArgTek system on its way.

An interesting thing happened other day when I first used Windsurfer with my Prestigio Phone.

If I had the phone in holder at good position to view ... basically dead above the left stick and partly behind the Windsurfer ... I lost connection. If I removed phone and moved it in front of Windsurfer connection returned ... so I had to fly with phone more forward than I wanted to keep connection.

Nigel
Yes my RC has mods, but my AC is 100% stock. Personally I don't like using an older app, my thinking is you might be missing out on improvements and added safety features that the newer app has. And also the most up to date FW was probably designed to work hand and hand with the most updated Go app and vice-versa. Have not read much about any issues with 3.0.1, you might want to try re-installing it.

My problem is first to use an approved device - see how that fairs .... then go for latest Go App.

I went for 2.9.1 because of many posts on various forums of people who downgraded from 3.0.1 to 2.9.1 for similar reasons to mine.

But your point is taken and I am planning to go for all latest FW ... hoping the Argtek and Icarus give me the confidence on distance. I am not looking for 000's of metres ... just decent reliable sub 1000m use.

Nigel

So - since the other thread on the new F/W has been closed where people were asking about the 'Strong interference detected' message glitch, did those who experienced this manage to solve the issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling the Go app, which is apparently supposed to fix the glitch in some cases?

I haven't flown my bird since updating FW but I did notice when I connected up after the install of new FW completed that the 'Strong interference detected' message repeatedly appeared on screen.

I use that tablet every time I fly, and it's been great. I got the update banner for the new FW on it and did the update a few days ago, first test 4089 meters. No big issues, just one small one. The "interference warning" on the AC status page would keep appearing. But I didn't get the warning anytime during that test flight itself. See here: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Hmm, I'll have to try reinstalling the DJI GO app perhaps. I love the bigger screen on the Nexus, but I've found the iOS version of the app to feel a bit smoother. Makes me want to get an iPad... :D

So - since the other thread on the new F/W has been closed where people were asking about the 'Strong interference detected' message glitch, did those who experienced this manage to solve the issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling the Go app, which is apparently supposed to fix the glitch in some cases?

I haven't flown my bird since updating FW but I did notice when I connected up after the install of new FW completed that the 'Strong interference detected' message repeatedly appeared on screen.
I just did the uninstall, reboot device then reinstall Go app and for me it made no difference on that strong interference message. Now I was only getting the notice on the aircraft status page , not during flight itself. Only tested in my backyard a moment ago where the status page still had the interference message appearing and disappearing. Will go out in the field this afternoon to do an actual flight test and report back.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't been able to test since first getting the interference message - weather.
There are so many threads mentioning it - would nice if DJI would pitch in with advice

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I haven't been able to test since first getting the interference message - weather.
There are so many threads mentioning it - would nice if DJI would pitch in with advice

They have on the DJI official website, this is not an official site. And in those threads they would just say try to go to a different place with less interference. It could just be that it's detecting any interference on that band, no matter how insignificant.

Go fly round the marina by the yachting club,was there in the summer and i flew right out to the ocean plaza bridge with no interference.
Gonna do a Litchi mission from one end to the other next year.

Im up the road in Lydiate by the way

Mission Hub - Litchi

Awesome, have to meet up one day when the weathers kinder.
I flew there in the summer with my P2, across the lake. Nice, a little nerve wracking over the water though.
I flew the P3 on Sunday night from the far corner of princes park, well away from ocean plaza but was inundated by interference errors. Hoping to get to Ainsdale beach at some point for a clear unobstructed run to see if the error returns

Reactions: Stephen Sergeant
I just did the uninstall, reboot device then reinstall Go app and for me it made no difference on that strong interference message. Now I was only getting the notice on the aircraft status page , not during flight itself. Only tested in my backyard a moment ago where the status page still had the interference message appearing and disappearing. Will go out in the field this afternoon to do an actual flight test and report back.

I finally got out today and did 3 x full battery flights. The good news is that the new FW seems to be working very well indeed in relation to previous issues with 1.6.8. I was on 1.5.7 before I upgraded to the new FW and apart from a few 'Weak Controller signal' and 'Weak image transmission signal' I wasn't really having many issues. But today on the new FW I got not a single message of that type and I went out to 400m distance at a height of 100ft with no issues at all. No antenna mods apart from a cheap windsurfer, no power mods either. Also was picking up 12, 13 satellites when I usually only get 10-11. Nice.

What I did get though was the 'Strong interference' message repeatedly pinging into the top left of the screen, although it didn't seem to make a bit of difference to the bird's performance. I was flying at my usual testing spot, a massive field of football pitches with nothing anywhere close which could have been interfering and at this location I've never had a 'Strong interference' message before. I ended up just ignoring it. I've not attempted to uninstall the Go app and reinstall as I'm on Go 2.8.7 and I'm unsure about upgrading to the latest version although most folk have commented that the latest version is working fine for them in conjunction with the new FW.

It was darn cold today too......first time I've seen this message on my screen:-

IMG_2743.png

Did the field test with my HTC 10 cell phone instead of my tablet, FW 1.7.9 and Go app 3.1.0 and had the very same issue. "strong interference message" on the AC status page, and back and forth (Good / Bad ) radio channel quality. I'll do another test real soon using my tablet after a system hard reset and app install. But I don't think anything will be different. Also used Litchi a bit and it work fine in a short backyard test, fill do a full field test with it also. But it doesn't have the same AC status page like the Go app does, so will see what happens.

Reactions: PaulSouthport
Just got back from early morn flight with my P3s with latest firmware flew 3150 meters (dbs mod) and no more "strong interference messages" yesterday deleted DJI Go app and installed Go app 3.1.0

Help! I have a problem with the installation via SD card of the new FW! The message "NO SIGNAL!" Appears. I've connected the RC to the bird several times but the bird light is still red. I tried calling via DGI Go app and manually by RC ... Please someone help me get my Phantom back!

Help! I have a problem with the installation via SD card of the new FW! The message "NO SIGNAL!" Appears. I've connected the RC to the bird several times but the bird light is still red. I tried calling via DGI Go app and manually by RC ... Please someone help me get my Phantom back!
It's water under the bridge now, but you do know the P3S is meant to have the FW updated via the app and wifi, correct?
Is your RC large LED green or red when everything is booted up?

Downgrade again to 168 and use the iphone for upgrade via Dji GO

Sent from my MI MAX using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart