1.07.0090 FW is now official

my first fly after 1.7.9:
- revert to stock papatita
- perform update from ipad from 1.5.7 to 1.7.9
- no compass and no imu cal

in ce zone i reach 70m of altitude and 200m distance before rth with argtek rc mod.
but for the first time rc was totally disconnected during rth, i restart rc to had control again.
then the dji go exit and hang for the first time.
i want to cry! the range is the same like 1.5.7 but djigo is became very unstable like connection to rc

When I look at the Android (Samsung S6) version of Dji-Go app "A/c Status" screen, the "Radio Quality" parameter flashes from good to poor like a flashing LED (i.e. Good->Poor->Good->Poor->Good->Poor..etc) Along with this I constantly get "Strong Interference" error. I dusted off an old S3 and installed DJI-Go. Same problem. Tried an iPhone 5, iPad Air and iPad 4 and no such errors. Recalibrated everything and the results were the same on both types of devices. Tried 3 different locations, 2 of which were wide open fields. Results were the same. Then.....

The android errors disappeared. The only thing I had done was reformat the SD card. Makes no sense to me.
I've also get this error (radio quality) under the AC status page just like you explained here. But don't get "strong interference" during my flight. I use an android tablet. But this seems to have no ill affect on my flight, as I just did over 4000m on the first test.

Last edited:
According to other posts here PapaTita does not work with the 1.7.9 fw.
Icarus does work (I have it) but it is not free.

Mine is a new bird, bought Saturday.
Did the FW upgrade before 1st flight so have no reference points (had a P2V before). All flights so far have given continuous Strong Interference warnings, in areas that are at least 300m from the nearest building with no detectable wifi.
Quite worrying!

Reactions: Eddiemc252
The Strong interference warning messages appears also to me but I have only test the bird inside my house at this moment and not outside. I think it is normal inside the house because there are a lot of wifi signals around my area but I cannot remember before the last update such behaviour..
Time will tell..

I took Swarm out of the case and did an IMU and camera calibration. Went outside and did a compass calibration as well. Seemed to fly fine, but since I was at the house and it is getting dark I didn't want to push. Hopefully I can go push tomorrow.

It does indicate the correct firmware version in the app now so that is sorted.

When I look at the Android (Samsung S6) version of Dji-Go app "A/c Status" screen, the "Radio Quality" parameter flashes from good to poor like a flashing LED (i.e. Good->Poor->Good->Poor->Good->Poor..etc) Along with this I constantly get "Strong Interference" error. I dusted off an old S3 and installed DJI-Go. Same problem. Tried an iPhone 5, iPad Air and iPad 4 and no such errors. Recalibrated everything and the results were the same on both types of devices. Tried 3 different locations, 2 of which were wide open fields. Results were the same. Then.....

The android errors disappeared. The only thing I had done was reformat the SD card. Makes no sense to me.

Took ,Ike out to my go to testing grounds and got out 3000 feet no problem. All while getting the interference warning. I have yet to see any ill effects happen along with the warning. Just wish I could b sure it's safe

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Took ,Ike out to my go to testing grounds and got out 3000 feet no problem. All while getting the interference warning. I have yet to see any ill effects happen along with the warning. Just wish I could b sure it's safe

Same here I get this warning under the AC status page when it's up (under radio quality), but didn't get it during the flight itself. And after installing the new FW went out over 13,000', with hardware mods. Think about this for a moment, if your going to the same spot you normally go and didn't get these notices before, but now you are with the new FW. Did the interference just come from nowhere? No, it was probable there before and now the software is just reporting it. I just set a record for myself, so they fixed something.
See here: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

What's the verdict guys? I'm running 1.5.7+ but have been scared to fly since the iOS app delay issue... Is it finally time to update to latest FW and app? Are the CE range issues that came with 1.6.8 fixed?

What's the verdict guys? I'm running 1.5.7+ but have been scared to fly since the iOS app delay issue... Is it finally time to update to latest FW and app? Are the CE range issues that came with 1.6.8 fixed?
After 112 posts you should have a pretty good idea of your own. The only negative (if u want to call it that) that l've heard is half the people are getting a strong interference warning witch is looking like a glitch to me

Same here I get this warning under the AC status page when it's up (under radio quality), but didn't get it during the flight itself. And after installing the new FW went out over 13,000', with hardware mods. Think about this for a moment, if your going to the same spot you normally go and didn't get these notices before, but now you are with the new FW. Did the interference just come from nowhere? No, it was probable there before and now the software is just reporting it. I just set a record for myself, so they fixed something.
See here: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

After 112 posts you should have a pretty good idea of your own. The only negative (if u want to call it that) that l've heard is half the people are getting a strong interference warning witch is looking like a glitch to me

I think you have it nailed. Really feels like a superficial glitch after a few flights. Wonder if its possible they lowered the threshold for what it determines as high interference.

Don't say glitch, now we'll have everyone wanting another FW update.

Don't say glitch, now we'll have everyone wanting another FW update.
Doesn't look like the bad kind though. lt's weird how this update was supposed to help w/ INTERFERENCE. I personally think its going stable

Just to confirm that PapaTita's utility does not work with 1.07.0090.

But Icarus does now.

Nigel

Doesn't look like the bad kind though. lt's weird how this update was supposed to help w/ INTERFERENCE. I personally think its going stable
Oh BTW l sure wish l had your sky to fly in! l'm not too far from u though

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart