1.07.0090 FW is now official

What f/w were you on before and range?
Before 1.6.8 and max was 3547 meters before RTH (no signal) came on. Now I'm running a DBS with 3 amps keep in mind. But today at 4089 meters it wasn't the (no signal) RTH, it was the app telling me it wanted to return because of the battery %, so I let it return. But also the signal was much cleaner, had no negative signal notices on Healthy Drones as you can see. The 3547m run had many on the return home with the 1.6.8 FW.

Last edited:
Here's how my test went today with the new FW, 4089 meters (13,415'). HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
BTW can you help me with changing my forum ID name, thanks.
I will ask about your name but don't think from what I have seen in the past it can be changed . Will get back to ya on that .
500 meters is not bad considering where you are flying . From that map it looks like you have way more noise than I do .
How did the FPV do .

I did. First thing I tried. No change. Working with DJI at the moment. Standard send in screenshots of errors step. Betting the next email is send it in for repair. Unfortunately that would make it 2 firmware updates and 2 send it in for repairs. Also downgrading doesn't seem to work with this version. Holding on the tutorial button to bring up the downgrade screen works but says failed to get firmware (not exact wording)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Sorry your having problems. If you can't find an answer to your problem in past threads start your own and l'm sure somebody can help you. Good luck

I will ask about your name but don't think from what I have seen in the past it can be changed . Will get back to ya on that .
500 meters is not bad considering where you are flying . From that map it looks like you have way more noise than I do .
How did the FPV do .
Think you had a typo, it was 4089 meters. And the FPV was solid the whole trip, both directions. I say that because before on 1.6.8 I would have issues on the return home (drone facing me), but be fine going out. This time it was 100%, both coming and going. No "wifi reconnect" or "downlink data loss" notices, none.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrel!
Think you had a typo, it was 5000 meters. And the FPV was solid the whole trip, both directions. I say that because before on 1.6.8 I would have issues on the return home (drone facing me), but be fine going out. This time it was 100%, both coming and going. No "wifi reconnect" or "downlink data loss" notices, none.
Then you be happy :) No I meant you went that much further .
Was just told ya can't change your name on your account also . Sorry .

How did the FPV do .
On the name thing, since the DJI forum made some of us change our forum names, including me. I wanted to make this one the same.

On the name thing, since the DJI forum made some of us change our forum names, including me. I wanted to make this one the same.
I understand buddy and did ask admin . I would if I could but me be on a lease :)

I read all the posts but i cannot see feedbacks from those having range problems with 1.6.80 fw? Did anybody make an actual test ?

SM-P550 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I did. First thing I tried. No change. Working with DJI at the moment. Standard send in screenshots of errors step. Betting the next email is send it in for repair. Unfortunately that would make it 2 firmware updates and 2 send it in for repairs. Also downgrading doesn't seem to work with this version. Holding on the tutorial button to bring up the downgrade screen works but says failed to get firmware (not exact wording)

Hi, can you not downgrade manually by putting an older firmware bin file on the SD card?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, I bit the bullet and upgraded from 1.5.7 to the latest FW. First update attempt failed after it got stuck at 8%. So I switched off and back on and thankfully nothing seemed to have screwed up the bird. Tried again and this time it completed smoothly and I have to say I was surprised just how quick the update was at installing and finalising. So much so that I was suspicious that it may not have completed correctly. But all seems well now. I have removed the battery and put the P3 in the fridge for 10 mins, then took it out, battery back in, connected up and calibrated the IMU immediately whilst the bird was very cold. Gimbal calibration done also. Now all I need to do is go out for a test flight.

One thing, on my iPhone 6 I'm still using DJI Go 2.8.7 - to those who have updated to the latest firmware and are getting on fine with it, what version of the Go app are you on? Anyone tried the latest 3.1.0 Go?

Well, I bit the bullet and upgraded from 1.5.7 to the latest FW. First update attempt failed after it got stuck at 8%. So I switched off and back on and thankfully nothing seemed to have screwed up the bird. Tried again and this time it completed smoothly and I have to say I was surprised just how quick the update was at installing and finalising. So much so that I was suspicious that it may not have completed correctly. But all seems well now. I have removed the battery and put the P3 in the fridge for 10 mins, then took it out, battery back in, connected up and calibrated the IMU immediately whilst the bird was very cold. Gimbal calibration done also. Now all I need to do is go out for a test flight.

One thing, on my iPhone 6 I'm still using DJI Go 2.8.7 - to those who have updated to the latest firmware and are getting on fine with it, what version of the Go app are you on? Anyone tried the latest 3.1.0 Go?
Some people also say it's good to calibrate the compass after a FW update. In the past I've skipped that myself once or twice, but this time around I did it being it was so long since I have calibrated it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

After firmware update I have constant signal interference warning. 3 flights all different areas that have previously not had interference problems prior to update. Control seems to still be consistent. But constant errors while 400 m away is nerve wracking. I see a few mentions of this from people who have yet to do a flight. Let me know if that continues. I hope this isn't this firmwares version of the compass error I had with last update.

When I look at the Android (Samsung S6) version of Dji-Go app "A/c Status" screen, the "Radio Quality" parameter flashes from good to poor like a flashing LED (i.e. Good->Poor->Good->Poor->Good->Poor..etc) Along with this I constantly get "Strong Interference" error. I dusted off an old S3 and installed DJI-Go. Same problem. Tried an iPhone 5, iPad Air and iPad 4 and no such errors. Recalibrated everything and the results were the same on both types of devices. Tried 3 different locations, 2 of which were wide open fields. Results were the same. Then.....

The android errors disappeared. The only thing I had done was reformat the SD card. Makes no sense to me.

Results were the same as before the update? What distance/height/video issues did it have prior?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart