No battery power and IMU issues

K,

Have you ever seen this thing Fly?

Basically, I can't imagine any thing siting for 3 years, then not working besides the battery for the P3S and the remote.

Rod ..

@msinger

I was looking for the all the light indicators on the Phantom.
I spotted this one, it's gone, I don't remember what it was.
I will keep looking. 👌

Phantom Help Guide (lots of good tips)

Rod ..

Maybe it is on the page 51 in the manual, not what I remember, I give up for today. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you're in the US, you can always send it to DroneNerds. They will diagnose your bird and give you an estimate of repair costs. If you decline repairs, it is a $69 diagnostic fee, and they send the drone back to you. Check out their website for information and a free shipping code. They are a certified DJI dealer. Good luck.

Reactions: RodPad
@captainmilehigh

Yeah, I think that would be an option.

I can't tell how he got it or paid for it.

Must have a working remote to actually get to that screen shot from his first post, every thing must have been working since the WiFi comes from the camera gimbal?
Seams he got a working battery which would have been spendy.

You probably think as I do, keep the thread active.

Rod ..

@captainmilehigh

Yeah, I think that would be an option.

I can't tell how he got it or paid for it.

Must have a working remote to actually get to that screen shot from his first post, every thing must have been working since the WiFi comes from the camera gimbal?
Seams he got a working battery which would have been spendy.

You probably think as I do, keep the thread active.

Rod ..

Yep, I'm thinking of this as a two part issue. (1) Find out what's wrong, and (2) does the repair cost warrant fixing it? Might be something simple that has been overlooked that these guys can find......since fixing sick birds is their thing. Plus it is much better than guessing and throwing parts at it.

Once repaired they load the latest firmware and do test flights to be sure it's right before sending the drone back.

I hope he gets it all worked out. These things can be frustrating at times.

I tried this search, pasted it in a chrome browser, I'm not logged into.
I hate posting things that don't work. :rolleyes:

Pretty Crazy, there is more than this, personalty I was fighting remote control signal problems.

When that guy posted the block diagram, OMG your on it!
Pretty much confirmed how I thought it worked.

Anyways I'm going to sit back and wait for the OP to come back with some intel?

Rod ..

In talking with Nerds, when trying to update the firmware, it would just give the long beep, D----. They said it's bricked. Based on not being supported, and wouldn't have parts if they could fix it, they recommended to chuck it, and it's not worth putting any more $'s into it. Hate to give it up but I'm prolly gonna get the Mini 2 at Costco and start with that.

Rod & all, apologies if we got off on the wrong foot, but hope we're good now, and thanks for your responses. Appreciate everyone, take care!!!

Oh well, at least you tried. Might be able to sell it for parts, at least the new battery. Even the P3S shells are wanted by those who have bumped into magnet trees and have cracked them. Might offset the price of your new drone. Remember, Christmas is coming too. Drop a few hints around a see what happens. ! Santa might bring you one.. ! Good luck.

Also, there are Forums like this for each model drone. Just c'mon back anytime and say hey.

@FPX Fly
Thanks man, I really appreciate that!!

BTW, just a warning, I'm on the Mavic Forum also. :rolleyes:

Hope to see you there. :)
These are really the only forums I'm on.

My goal is to help out anyway I can. (no BS just the Facts)

Thanks again that made my day.

Rod ..

And to answer a few Qs, the bird was my daughters, she was off to college and really never used it, like I said maybe only flew a few times, never crashed or anything. Yah, she <left> it with Dad, and I finally got around to seeing if I could do anything with it. So, put in a new batt, and thus here I am. I agree, I dunno how just sitting for all those times and it wouldn't fire up, but it dang it just wouldn't. Hate to see it just get tossed, but I guess like a toaster, not worth fixn, just gonna give it the "Marie Kondo", see ya!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl