1.07.0090 FW is now official

I was on 1.6.8+ before. But even after the new version installed, it still said I was on 1.6.8+. The .txt file said it was installed successfully. I think it still says 1.6.8+ because I didn't do it through the app, but rather by SD card. I'll see if that get corrected in a few days. Will test fly tomorrow.
Why did it say 1.6.8+ before ?

Why did it say 1.6.8+ before ?
I don't know. I think it was because of the way I installed it. I've heard of this happening to others, so I'm not worried about it. I'll wait and see if it changes in a few days. The .txt file in the SD card said "Installation successful", so I guess it had been updated.

Oh, I forgot. It said 1.6.8+ before because I had updated it to that version some time ago. I thought I'd just leave it there until the new version came out.

OK.. I have 1.6.80 not sure where you get the + from but don't matter .I might be wrong but after you did that Don if your app still said that I think that's what your still on .
I just checked again and no banner but that will come when it does and I prefer to do it through the app .
From what I read on the DJI forum there isn't one for my 4K .

Im too scared to update i could only get 20 metres before it lost signal when i was on 1.6.8 so i downgraded to 1.5.7+ and now i get 600 metres strong. I downgraded my go app aswell and that seemed to fix a lot of issues. I hope the new firmware is good.

Reactions: hexagon
The latest firmware has said to be able to cook you bacon and eggs and also as a added feature, gently wake you up in the morning with a quiet breeze from it's props wafting in the scent of your waiting breakfast....

The latest firmware has said to be able to cook you bacon and eggs and also as a added feature, gently wake you up in the morning with a quiet breeze from it's props wafting in the scent of your waiting breakfast....

Sounds like most firmware updates.......either a dream......or a nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This is strange but just tried again and no banner on phone but tried on mini and it was there .
Went right through and upgraded with no issues . Will try it shortly .

This is strange but just tried again and no banner on phone but tried on mini and it was there .
Went right through and upgraded with no issues . Will try it shortly .
Did your's say 1.6.8+ or 1.7.9 ? afterwards.

Did your's say 1.6.8+ or 1.7.9 ? afterwards.
Was already on 1.6.80
Here's what I got now IMG_6594.PNG I just took it outside of town where I test some and it did good .Just took it out 2 miles and took screenshot
and RTH .Now I didn't do as normal after an upgrade and do an IMU Cal and didn't delete the go app before I updated it like normal so I'm not sure
if this is the reason I kept getting a warning flashing on and off the whole run . Have only seen it when I take off close to my truck and never after .
I just sat here till I could catch it in this shot IMG_6593.PNG Where I fly I never see that .
Now I have just deleted my go app and reinstalling it and will do a good IMU Cal before I go test it again to see if that goes away but other than
that I haven't seen any other issues yet .

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Was already on 1.6.80
Here's what I got now View attachment 68514 I just took it outside of town where I test some and it did good .Just took it out 2 miles and took screenshot
and RTH .Now I didn't do as normal after an upgrade and do an IMU Cal and didn't delete the go app before I updated it like normal so I'm not sure
if this is the reason I kept getting a warning flashing on and off the whole run . Have only seen it when I take off close to my truck and never after .
I just sat here till I could catch it in this shot View attachment 68516 Where I fly I never see that .
Now I have just deleted my go app and reinstalling it and will do a good IMU Cal before I go test it again to see if that goes away but other than
that I haven't seen any other issues yet .
Was looking for someone that had the same FW as me (1.6.8) and was in a FCC area. So it looks like that's you case. I think being in a CE vs FCC mode area is important to know because it was mostly the CE mode area that had more issues with 1.6.8 FW. Right now with a DBS I can go out 8200' and with my amps and the DBS go out 11,600'. So I'm very happy with the set up as is.

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
P3S w/ ARGtek omni antenna, FW 1.7.90, DJI Go 3.0.2, iPhone 6s with iOS 10.1.1 - First short test flight, 1000ft out, 400ft up, lots of trees: full control signal, minor video stutters. Similar to 1.6.80. But I do seem to be getting more 'Strong Interference' warnings. More testing to come, but at least it didn't brick the bird!

P3S w/ ARGtek omni antenna, FW 1.7.90, DJI Go 3.0.2, iPhone 6s with iOS 10.1.1 - First short test flight, 1000ft out, 400ft up, lots of trees: full control signal, minor video stutters. Similar to 1.6.80. But I do seem to be getting more 'Strong Interference' warnings. More testing to come, but at least it didn't brick the bird!
Your now the second person that has said something about "Strong Interference' warnings" on this new FW, that I assume you didn't get before in that location.

Your now the second person that has said something about "Strong Interference' warnings" on this new FW, that I assume you didn't get before in that location.
Too early to tell. I usually get a few due to my router and a 5.8 GHz video extender in my house. They seemed to be a bit more frequent today. I'll be testing again later this pm.

I cant help myself sometimes but when something new is offered "I must have". . Was on FW 1.5.n which worked great. I upgraded (v1.7.9) without issue but haven't been able to test fly it yet due to weather conditions here. Hope I dont regret my decision. Curious, if this version turns out to be a flop can I downgrade to v1.5.n again?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing