1.07.0090 FW is now official

Bad news about the wreck!
Yes, compass error in wind is no fun, on mine the first few recovered GPS quickly but the last one didn't recover until after landing. With a stiff breeze it can move a long way before you notice - tip: don't put your phone/tablet in silent! - mine flew back to me (about 800 feet) in atti all the way pushed by the strong wind. On the plus side, I broke my speed record!

I'm going back out tomorrow to test again, I have 30 days to accept the DJI RMA, or return to seller as faulty.

Regarding wind chill, I don't think that is the problem - apart from blue fingers, but base temperature may be. Tomorrow should be about 3 degrees warmer and flat calm so I'll try the same place.
I've sold my P2V now, so it's all or nothing!

Among other things Paul, it is advised not to fly in very cold conditions. Apart from the finger tips going numb not sure whether the IMLU likes the cold condition.

With regards to cold fingers, go to any golf shop and buy some instant hand warmers. Cost around £1.00 for two. Really effective.

Good luck tomorrow. I'm also hoping for an hour to get to know any quirks with my new drone. I'll post my results further down.

Yes, I'm always wary of flying in the cold. having come from helis, planes, and homebrew quads. I wasn't suggesting cold wasn't the problem, just windchill. It's a more subjective measure based on "feel", inanimate objects don't really feel it. I did raise the question a few days back with DJI, could low temps upset IMU and/or compass.

I have several pairs of freezer gloves with conductive tips, very light weight and allow use of the touch screen... when I remember to put them in my flight bag!

I hear the weather is getting a bit baltic down your way recently? Unusual for the NW to be warmer!

I have really never seen anyone say to update as soon as you can. Some people do. Most people don't.
I usually wait a couple of days to see how the updates go. (And BTW, thank you to all the people out there that are the first to try and report the results.) I have updated with every version that has come out for the Standard. I have yet to have a problem. I always update via the DJI GO software, although I do not use it to fly. I use Litchi. I really think most of the update troubles people are having are based on just missing a step in the process. Sometimes the program takes a long time to do the update and some think that it is messed up and abort it. That will also cause problems.

Like I said, I have never had any problems with updates with the exception that it may take more time than usual and I get tempted to just turn it off and start over. Never had to do that. It has only failed the update once. I was using a Nvidia Sheild with the Go app. I always used my Ipad before, so I retried with the Ipad and it updated perfectly. I now use the Ipad for all the updates only. I use the Nvidia Shield to fly.

Reactions: dirkclod
A fortnight ago my brother and I were flying down at Hurst Castle opposite the Isle of Wight in tee shirts. Now I've got a jumper and overcoat on. Weather looking good for the weekend and Monday/Tuesday next week. Playing golf on Monday so need to get my flying fix this weekend. Enjoy.

Reactions: PaulSouthport
Hi Mike, my brother & I were flying down on the South Coast UK a fortnight ago both of us had just updated to 1.7.9. Flew without a hitch. Both of us were using Litchy. Since then I have crashed mine virtually writing it off and purchased a replacement. I was using DJI Ultimate Flight which I found troublesome. The crash was my fault though not the apps I hasten to add. However it stopped recording just after take off which was an annoying occurrence. First it states recording started then SD card missing then recording stopped. So didn't actually see the crash as the drone was orbiting a tower round the back but I heard the sickening crash as it hit the ground falling around 60 feet.

Off to fly tomorrow so will report back findings.

I have really never seen anyone say to update as soon as you can. Some people do. Most people don't.
I usually wait a couple of days to see how the updates go. (And BTW, thank you to all the people out there that are the first to try and report the results.) I have updated with every version that has come out for the Standard. I have yet to have a problem. I always update via the DJI GO software, although I do not use it to fly. I use Litchi. I really think most of the update troubles people are having are based on just missing a step in the process. Sometimes the program takes a long time to do the update and some think that it is messed up and abort it. That will also cause problems.

Like I said, I have never had any problems with updates with the exception that it may take more time than usual and I get tempted to just turn it off and start over. Never had to do that. It has only failed the update once. I was using a Nvidia Sheild with the Go app. I always used my Ipad before, so I retried with the Ipad and it updated perfectly. I now use the Ipad for all the updates only. I use the Nvidia Shield to fly.
Couldn't of said better!

Reactions: dirkclod
I went out to a favourite spot overlooking my village and used both DJI GO & LITCHI. With GO I was getting slight video lag and the odd freeze and pixelation but other than that it reached the ceiling of 397 feet and about 400 feet across the tree tops.

Running the Litchi l had a faultless run.

However, inside the controller of the P3S controller there are two other internal antennas and if you are used to holding the controller with your index or pointy fingers wrapping around the front of the controller you are actually covering these antennas.

Also my brother decided to turn the front chrome bar round so that the tablet holder we fashioned was further away from the main external antenna just incase it was causing interference.

Since these test flights within the last 24 hours both GO and LITCHI have updated the ANDROID apps. Pretty busy today but hoping to steal an hour today to fly a distance flight over a disused airfield site.

This firmware absolutely killed my range :( I used to get 1200 meters max now i cant get more than 150 meters and 60 up without losing rc control.

Yikes! Are you sure it's the firmware? I don't think that anyone else is having that kind of trouble. Maybe downgrade to what you had before?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yikes! Are you sure it's the firmware? I don't think that anyone else is having that kind of trouble. Maybe downgrade to what you had before?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yea im 100% sure it was the firmware :/ I'm making a post now with my issue, along with flight logs. Will add a link when done

Hi Mike, my brother & I were flying down on the South Coast UK a fortnight ago both of us had just updated to 1.7.9. Flew without a hitch. Both of us were using Litchy. Since then I have crashed mine virtually writing it off and purchased a replacement. I was using DJI Ultimate Flight which I found troublesome. The crash was my fault though not the apps I hasten to add. However it stopped recording just after take off which was an annoying occurrence. First it states recording started then SD card missing then recording stopped. So didn't actually see the crash as the drone was orbiting a tower round the back but I heard the sickening crash as it hit the ground falling around 60 feet.

Off to fly tomorrow so will report back findings.

I thought Ultimate was only for Advanced / Pro and 4 versions ?

Nigel

I do not know which FW installed in my Phantom 3S! When I search the "About" of the DGI Go app I read N / A ... what can I do to see which version is installed? Another question: Is it safe to install the latest version from SD card?
Hello José

I had the same N/A problem since the upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6.8.
Just did the upgrade to 1.7 by sdcard, everything OK. The N/A remains, but reading 'success' on the sdcard after the update confims it is all ok.

Just don't forget to do it with the remote connected, and do it for ALL your batteries, by swapping them between upgrades.

Good luck.

I have a Xiaomi phone and I'm waiting for a long time to de banner with the order to update. I think that is the reason because I had not that information. I'm going to do the same, the instalation by SD card.
Do you recomend me anything special doing that this way? Sorry but I'm new on this kind of "birds".
Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Y635-L21 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You say you are 100% sure it's the firmware, yet after downgrading the issue remains?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yep 100% sure it is firmware. Have not dropped or damaged my remote in any way, and the problem only started after i upgraded. I suspect the firmware issue is in the remote's firmware, and that might not be downgrading when i downgrade the Phantom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1