1.07.0090 FW is now official

So after not being able to connect to my controller after the upgrade, I eventually sent it out to STC Electronics in NY. I got it back late last week and finally flew it yesterday...WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT!!! I used to easily be able to get to 400ft altitude at a distance of over 1500 feet away. I now LOSE remote signal near 300 - 350 feet altitude and cannot get over 1000 feet away. I should have left this darn thing ALONE. I don't know if my drone was at 1.5.7 or 1.6.8 before but it used to work flawlessly. Very disappointed. I'm thinking of downgrading but worried I'll have the same problem as before and don't want to send it back out. $50 shipping round trip and $30 for STC to fix.

So after not being able to connect to my controller after the upgrade, I eventually sent it out to STC Electronics in NY. I got it back late last week and finally flew it yesterday...WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT!!! I used to easily be able to get to 400ft altitude at a distance of over 1500 feet away. I now LOSE remote signal near 300 - 350 feet altitude and cannot get over 1000 feet away. I should have left this darn thing ALONE. I don't know if my drone was at 1.5.7 or 1.6.8 before but it used to work flawlessly. Very disappointed. I'm thinking of downgrading but worried I'll have the same problem as before and don't want to send it back out. $50 shipping round trip and $30 for STC to fix.
Yep i have the same issue. Does your remote go straight from full strength to no signal and the drone tries to rth?

I bought mine in April, and i have just finished taking off my strong arm mounts and have put mine back in the box, ready to take back to where i bought it form

Sent from my HTC One M9 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep i have the same issue. Does your remote go straight from full strength to no signal and the drone tries to rth?

I bought mine in April, and i have just finished taking off my strong arm mounts and have put mine back in the box, ready to take back to where i bought it form

Sometimes yes......sometimes half signal down to nothing. I can't return mine.....I bought it as a private sale but it was never flown or registered.

Sometimes yes......sometimes half signal down to nothing. I can't return mine.....I bought it as a private sale but it was never flown or registered.
Oh that's a bummer. Yea i was getting up to 1.4 km, stock, in ce mode before the stupid new firmware update

I say if its working fine, leave it alone!!! You really don't gain anything from 1.7.9

Quick question for a new guy...........my P3S will be here in a few days. Never flown a drone before but several copters. I have been reading as much as I can here and it seems there is quite a large number of problems with the current firmware (1.7.9) If it arrives with an older version, is it required to update or can I just keep the version that is on it?

seems there is quite a large number of problems with the current firmware (1.7.9)
Large number? That may be an exaggeration. If you are coming from FW 1.5.n (as I did) you may notice little or no change. If you are coming from FW 1.6.n you are likely to see an improvement in range.
Many of us were/are getting lots of "interference" errors running the latest DJI_Go app. I solved that problem by re-installing an older version (v2.9.n) but I mostly use Litchi app and have seen no problems with the latest FW update. That said........

If I had to do it all again, I would have stayed with (the well tested) FW 1.5.n because I got great range with it and never ever had any issues. The upgrade to FW 1.7.n, for me so far, seems painless buts still new. While I havent really noticed any significant disadvantage (except the insecurity associated with a new FW) with the update I also havent noticed any advantage.

Now, for you question. No you do not have to accept the upgrade.

:grinning:
Large number? That may be an exaggeration. If you are coming from FW 1.5.n (as I did) you may notice little or no change. If you are coming from FW 1.6.n you are likely to see an improvement in range.
Many of us were/are getting lots of "interference" errors running the latest DJI_Go app. I solved that problem by re-installing an older version (v2.9.n) but I mostly use Litchi app and have seen no problems with the latest FW update. That said........

If I had to do it all again, I would have stayed with (the well tested) FW 1.5.n because I got great range with it and never ever had any issues. The upgrade to FW 1.7.n, for me so far, seems painless buts still new. While I havent really noticed any significant disadvantage (except the insecurity associated with a new FW) with the update I also havent noticed any advantage.

Now, for you question. No you do not have to accept the upgrade.

Thanks

Hi Cameronb1

Were you able to downgrade from 1.7.9? If so to what version, 1.6.8? 1.5.7?
I could not do it.

Thank you
I could only downgrade to the last version i had before i upgraded. If i attempt to downgrade further it says that "this firmware does not support downgrade" in the log file

And downgrading the firmware did not fix it either [emoji17]

That's because it's more than likely not a FW issue. Everyone reads these threads about FW issues and then starts thinking if anything goes wrong with their flight it has to be a FW issue. There are many hardware and environment issues that can cause issues too. I for one have not had one major issue with any FW for the past year, and that's maybe four or so different versions.

Last edited:
That's because it's more than likely not a FW issue. Everyone reads these threads about FW issues and then starts thinking if anything goes wrong with their flight it has to be a FW issue. There are many hardware and environment issues that can cause issues too. I for one have not had one major issue with any FW for the past year, and that's maybe four or so different versions.
Well it is certainly a coincidence that my range here at home suddenly decreased from 1+ km to 100 meters if im lucky, straight after i updated my firmware.

I have now returned my drone, and am awaiting a response from the store. I have already had it sent in before, and they did a great job fixing it. Let's hope they do the same this time [emoji2]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav