1.07.0090 FW is now official

Well, I managed to grab a short test flight, on the shore (away from any possible sources of wifi). Weather wasn't good, a chilly 5C, fairly medium gusts, but at least not raining!
Battery was below optimal temperature, current firmware, current IOS DJI Go.
Flight was mostly good. Only took it to about 300m out because of the wind, but got multiple compass errors (I did calibrate before takeoff) leading to dropping GPS into ATTI. That's a little scary when you're at the limit of clear visible range and the wind is high!
No "Strong Interference" warnings this time.
The compass errors seemed to happen when the bird was facing me.
Heres my healthydrones: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Be patient, I'm sure their servers are busy. Everyone's not going to be able to download all at once. I might wait till Dec. anyway.
As for me....i WILL wait til I see that enough guinea pigs have given it a passing grade....
as they say "If it aint broke,DONT fix it"......

Did the upgrade this morning. Flew it this afternoon.
350 ft altitude, traveled 4800 ft and back.
Flawless flight. I did not observe any of the warnings the others have had.
I use Litchi on a Nvidia Shield.
Like I said, no problems at all. It seemed to respond a little better, no problem with video or controller signal. I have the ArgTek antenna upgrade.

One problem I did have and this happened to me on other occasions. Upgrade stalled at 50%. Waited for it to tell me the upgrade failed and then restarted it and it went right though.
This has happened a few times for me. Not all the time. Like lets say half of the upgrades that I have done, I would get this.

Mike

Anybody else still not seeing the update available?
Tried today, no red banner and saying drone up to date.
Haven't used it all summer since 1.68

Anybody else still not seeing the update available?
Tried today, no red banner and saying drone up to date.
Haven't used it all summer since 1.68
Is your device connected to your home Wi-Fi when your checking?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did the upgrade this morning. Flew it this afternoon.
350 ft altitude, traveled 4800 ft and back.
Flawless flight. I did not observe any of the warnings the others have had.
I use Litchi on a Nvidia Shield.
Like I said, no problems at all. It seemed to respond a little better, no problem with video or controller signal. I have the ArgTek antenna upgrade.

One problem I did have and this happened to me on other occasions. Upgrade stalled at 50%. Waited for it to tell me the upgrade failed and then restarted it and it went right though.
This has happened a few times for me. Not all the time. Like lets say half of the upgrades that I have done, I would get this.

Mike
If you're not using the Go app than you're probably not going to get that same warning because it's a different software on your device you're using. If the app doesn't have that warning message as part of its software to potentially display if needed, it doesn't matter what the RC or AC is sensing because the app is not set up to display such wording.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi.
No, i connected phantom, rc and phone went into it and checked.
Dji go app on 3.0.1
Phantom still on 2.68
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the app will never know that there is a firmware update available if you don't open Go whilst connected to the world wide web.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveD
All I know is that after I installed the new firmware, my Standard DID NOT fly right to my kegerator and pour me an ice cold Coors Light. I am really disappointed in DJI with this update. I expected much more from them.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Joe H
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the app will never know that there is a firmware update available if you don't open Go whilst connected to the world wide web.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I tried it both ways and it wasn't there.
Tried a different phone and it was available but had to go out so didn't do it.
When i came back it wasn't there again.
Tried that battery thing someone mentioned and it worked.
Thanks for your help.

Went to update using my Galaxy Tab S, but it didnt show the banner. Connected my Galaxy S7 and it showed the update, so updated with the S7. It took about 20 min to update with no issues except the app shows 1.7.9 on the S7 and N/A on the Tab S . Strange.

Well, I managed to grab a short test flight, on the shore (away from any possible sources of wifi). Weather wasn't good, a chilly 5C, fairly medium gusts, but at least not raining!
Battery was below optimal temperature, current firmware, current IOS DJI Go.
Flight was mostly good. Only took it to about 300m out because of the wind, but got multiple compass errors (I did calibrate before takeoff) leading to dropping GPS into ATTI. That's a little scary when you're at the limit of clear visible range and the wind is high!
No "Strong Interference" warnings this time.
The compass errors seemed to happen when the bird was facing me.
Heres my healthydrones: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Hi Paul. I had virtually the same experience with my 2 day old p3s. I wrecked my other one on Wednesday. Orbiting a tower and miscalculated the centre point. (Lesson learnt: don't trust Google maps.)

Well purchased another, upgraded FW TO 1.7.9 and took it out for it's first flight. Very windy even in a sheltered part so came home. Tried again at a place I love flying and again the wind was blowing around 15-16 mph. Well went for a bit of a fly then suddenly compass error followed by Atti Mode. Drone started moving swiftly with the wind so turned it to face me and pushed right lever forward. On the way back GPS returned. Hovered and retrieved.

Got back to my car and ran the UAV Forecast app. Not good to fly. Reason, Wind Chill 5 degrees.

Hope that helps Paul. You're not on your own.

Bad news about the wreck!
Yes, compass error in wind is no fun, on mine the first few recovered GPS quickly but the last one didn't recover until after landing. With a stiff breeze it can move a long way before you notice - tip: don't put your phone/tablet in silent! - mine flew back to me (about 800 feet) in atti all the way pushed by the strong wind. On the plus side, I broke my speed record!

I'm going back out tomorrow to test again, I have 30 days to accept the DJI RMA, or return to seller as faulty.

Regarding wind chill, I don't think that is the problem - apart from blue fingers, but base temperature may be. Tomorrow should be about 3 degrees warmer and flat calm so I'll try the same place.
I've sold my P2V now, so it's all or nothing!

New to flying drones and quickly got the bug...I own a Phantom 3 standard & have been using my old cell (Samsung Note 3) to operate the app. It doesn't have internet access (obviously when it's connected to the controller) and thus I'm still running out of the box firmware.

The drone flies great, no issues with camera...Is there any reason I should update the firmware???? I'm terrified it's going to break *something*

And also, if I were to update, I understand you can load the firmware onto an SD card and update that way. Is that the ideal method? I don't like the idea of using what is essentially WiFi...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart