Rise of the Clones

well sinc e I have phantoms just wanted something else to play with after this weekend we will be able to let you know how it is I did get mine 2 weeks ago but had a bad gimble so that is why waiting for new one which will be here on Thursday autel was great with support sent me a new gimble overnight but I jumped the gun and sent it back called autel and they told me to just keep new gimble for a backup so autel customer support is awesome and fast

Was thinking about getting one myself. It's funny that people are calling it a clone. Like dji invented the basic design of drones. Rc cars helicopters and planes all have multiple brands and manufacturers yet their products look similar to each other. How many different designs can one possibly come up with. I love my phantom as much as the next pilot but **** I'm not attached at the hip to dji. Get real people

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GoodnNuff
yeah build quality is really nice the pause button is kinda stupid but has built in for over 4k camera for future also has training mode so you can fly with 2 remotes to teach someone also wow cant beat there customer service

Reactions: Big Dog
I just saw this:
Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Quadcopter with 4K Camera XSPRMOR

Looks like a complete clone, down to having Lightbridge. Looks like the general problem of Chinese manufacturing (i.e., lack of respect for intellectual property) has come back to hurt DJI. Anyone test this out or seen info on it?

Hurt dji??! Are you for real? What about hurting customers by charging 1400 bucks for something that for the most part had been bitched about since its release. All you hear is dji sucks they lie they have garbage customer service and then in the next breath saying well but they are the best. Jeeeeeezz

yeah build quality is really nice the pause button is kinda stupid but has built in for over 4k camera for future also has training mode so you can fly with 2 remotes to teach someone also wow cant beat there customer service

Also comes with a respectable case instead of a beer cooler like p4

opps forgot to say yeah nice case
20160427_153413.jpg

Here's the differences. Jim knows his **** too so pay attention lol

Reactions: liketogethigh
yeah I watched all the videos plus had so many people asking how I got mine before the release I got it from focus camera and they shipped mine fast before release date so I had mine first before any one else but couldn't fly it much with bad gimble

Kudos too you pholt for venturing out into the great unknown that is anything besides a dji product. If you think about it we as phantom pilots are the "poor folks" to dji. They have ppl buying indpires matrices and others. Phantom is their bottom barrel product. I'll bet some one with the newest matrice calls with a problem they don't treat them like us lowly phantom owners

Reactions: mrcrane2u
yeah I'm not stuck on dji like um but so many other choices have to just find out if other makes are better will be getting a typhoon h around xmas so another different one for me still waiting on poweregg
upload_2016-5-11_15-25-34.png

Reactions: mrcrane2u
Hurt dji??! Are you for real? What about hurting customers by charging 1400 bucks for something that for the most part had been bitched about since its release. All you hear is dji sucks they lie they have garbage customer service and then in the next breath saying well but they are the best. Jeeeeeezz

Not my point at all. I also own a Yuneec Typhoon G (since GoPro camera is superior) so I'm not partial. Hard to beat lightbridge, that's what intrigued me about this product.

Kudos too you pholt for venturing out into the great unknown that is anything besides a dji product. If you think about it we as phantom pilots are the "poor folks" to dji. They have ppl buying indpires matrices and others. Phantom is their bottom barrel product. I'll bet some one with the newest matrice calls with a problem they don't treat them like us lowly phantom owners

Hang out at the Inspire forum. A lot of posters seem to disagree with you. DJI seems to have spotty customer service no matter how much you give them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow great to see some serious competition. DJI hardcore should be glad and not feel threatened, it will just make for better things for consumers

I think DJI will step their game up with future releases. Autel's removable gimbal and telemetry display on the transmitter are big pluses.

DJI will need to engineer manufacturing issues out of their drones since they are pumping so many out. Simplify the assembly of the product, have a rock solid app/flight control software and of course try to engineer the human factor out of the pilots to succeed.

There is still room in the market. There are many "fresh players" (taken from an old DJI manual) entering the field.

Wouldn't be funny if you opened Autel's X-Star and saw that it was a DJI flight controller?

Looks like a nice quad. It also looks like a complete waste of money if you have a P3P/A.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

makes it better to have more than one plus orange is great for daytime my standard is great for night flying with leds on it and my p3a is great for long distance with dbs mod on it
20160427_153022.jpg

It's about time that somebody makes a drone with good range and better build quality than DJI. As for Autel they make great products outside of the drone market. Hence, I doubt that the controllers will crack or be built with screws not long enough. Same should be expected for the bird. I have zero doubt that they were fully aware of the stress cracking on DJI products when designing their quad.

Flight test and comparison tomorrow in Apollo beach dji phantom professional against x star premium by Autel and phantom 4 come out and join the fun it's a great place to fly no obstacles long range flying .I'm going to max my stealth black professional out, last time is was there longest flight was 6400 ft plan on tripping that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan