Rise of the Clones

Very anxious to hear everyone's impressions after spending a day with it.
can tell you got rave reviews from pilots also guy with p4 is going to get one so what does that say about it

Reactions: mikesmiley
Very stable great looking video super smooth landing, still not sure why they put a pause button on the controller, but all in all great flying machine .I would say that autel is going to be right on the tail of dji ,and very well could surpass dji .and the case that it comes in is **** impressive .two thumbs up for the x star premium

Hmm. These guys beta testing it seem & sound a lot like Autel salespeople to me. 0.6 miles for the $699. version & 1.25 miles for the $899. version? That's extremely limited in range for the price. And that doesn't impress me much at all. For that kind of investment, I'd stay with a stable & reliable DJI. Sorry...but that's just my opinion.

not sales people just drone people who like flying and not stuck on only one brand

p.s another guy went 2 + miles with his today so range isn't limited

Reactions: Squirrel!
I do know this we tested the x star against the p3p and the p4
The x star premium is stable with great video and even at 6000 ft had full signal no loss of video transmission .my p3p loss video at 6400 ft and loss total signal at 9600ft and rth was initiated .the x star premium on a vertical race beat the p4 but there is nothing faster than the p4 horizontal flying that sucker is quick .I am no beta tester just a person who likes to fly .once you see the x star premium in person you just won't know as soon as you pick it up you know immediately know it is built with quality it's a little heavier than the phantom, so don't be hating

Really? With no documented proof? That's like the fisherman who caught the really big one that got away.
just stick with your dji only that way you will never know how other drones are just be limited in life

npr golf course
MAX_0014.JPG

Reactions: jcknows0
MAX_0009.JPG

MAX_0013.JPG

MAX_0004.JPG

all above from x star

Reactions: Squirrel!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
filmed at empty golf course npr fl

FL, do I notice a slight fish eye lens ? Or just me ? Very cool !! Nice to have some comparable options !!!

What tech does this one use for control signal & video feed ? 2.4ghz ? Have they done something similar to lightbridge ?

Thanks for sharing your findings !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I do know this we tested the x star against the p3p and the p4
The x star premium is stable with great video and even at 6000 ft had full signal no loss of video transmission .my p3p loss video at 6400 ft and loss total signal at 9600ft and rth was initiated .the x star premium on a vertical race beat the p4 but there is nothing faster than the p4 horizontal flying that sucker is quick .I am no beta tester just a person who likes to fly .once you see the x star premium in person you just won't know as soon as you pick it up you know immediately know it is built with quality it's a little heavier than the phantom, so don't be hating
Not so sure that's a good thing when it comes to 'lighter than air' machinery. Not like it is an amplifier for your home where heavier indicates better build quality. But I guess the proof will be in the flight times attained.

Thanks for the review, my friend!

To be honest, I don't see the camera being better, but maybe that is just me. It does, however, look to be good competition for DJI. But it seems the same. At a better price. Isn't that the definition of 'clone'? o_O;)

Reactions: flpholt
Having cracked more phantoms than I can count, in spite of never having a crash, more strength is nice. While my phantom 4 is the first phantom since phantom 1 that hasn't cracked under the pressure of constant high and far flying, it is good to finally have another long range option.

Reactions: flpholt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen