Which Drone; Phantom or....?

oh a splash down drone

one I'm trying to forget

lol

Cannot get the Autel x star in the UK, unless imported from USA for well over £800.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

they can sometimes sell refurbished ones, the support from them is slow or nonexistant, they usually dont have a warranty, and other problems with sketchy resellers
I've had terrible experience with that. I bought a used p3 that was claimed to be flying perfectly except for slight damage to the box it came in. When I received it, it was a total wreck.

Things I consider are warranty satisfaction history and repair/parts availability.

P3A is the way to go. Cheaper than the rest performance is near the top of the list... If you are stepping up to the 1200 range go Typhoon H

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I agree that the Typhoon H is an attractive option but be careful of the RTH flying height of the Typhoon H, manual says it is only 33 feet over home point unless you start the RTH above that height.

That is not good. They should fix that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just saw my first Yuneec H in person at my local hobby store. For what I'm using my P4 for, the Yuneec doesn't offer my anything I which would make me go over to them. If I needed video without props and landing gear, the H probably would fit the bill. I would probably go to Autel first before Yuneec with the H. Oh, and Lightbridge, again, is another deciding factor since I like long range flying.

I just saw my first Yuneec H in person at my local hobby store. For what I'm using my P4 for, the Yuneec doesn't offer my anything I which would make me go over to them. If I needed video without props and landing gear, the H probably would fit the bill. I would probably go to Autel first before Yuneec with the H. Oh, and Lightbridge, again, is another deciding factor since I like long range flying.
I don't think that the Autel or the Typhoon H has Lightbridge but you can add better antennas to both

X star premium by Autel has lightbridge just not advertise

Well there are a number of reasons to go H.. Here are some
1) retractable landing gear
2) reliability - motor failure doesn't destroy your UAV - at least in theory it is more reliable..
3) no need for a stand alone tablet
4) cost for start up 1299 Yuneec phantom 4 on the cheap 1700
5) camera interchangeable/upgrade able - at least in theory
6) 360 cam
7) dual operability cam/UAV
I have seen some of the flight videos from the H.. I'm not certain there are less props in the early videos, Because now there are more props to be in the videos . Of course at some point they will realize that they can fly backwards

X star premium by Autel has lightbridge just not advertise

Is there a LightBridge 900 MHz variant?
Haven't heard of this.

Where do you find such info?

i heard theres a deal only IN STORE at microcenter where the p3p is 700 p3a is 600 and p3s is 400 but only in store theres even a thread about it if you can find it

Well there are a number of reasons to go H.. Here are some
1) retractable landing gear
2) reliability - motor failure doesn't destroy your UAV - at least in theory it is more reliable..
3) no need for a stand alone tablet
4) cost for start up 1299 Yuneec phantom 4 on the cheap 1700
5) camera interchangeable/upgrade able - at least in theory
6) 360 cam
7) dual operability cam/UAV
I have seen some of the flight videos from the H.. I'm not certain there are less props in the early videos, Because now there are more props to be in the videos . Of course at some point they will realize that they can fly backwards

Yep, those are many good reasons, but I would only care about the camera interchangeability and the ability to continue to fly when a motor dies. I won't badmouth this bird because I'm sure it is good.

I may begin posting videos in the future but at my level, all of the videography positives of the H won't make me better. My desire is long distance flying so the benefits, other than it staying in the air when a motor dies, won't benefit me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl