META-REVIEW: Complete list of Mavic features & what people are saying about it

Everyone wanted a larger screen. What is the smallest phone it can accommodate? I have a Sony Z3 Compact (125mm in length) that is shorter than iPhone. Will it work?

For me...one reason and one reason only. The ability to use a tablet with a sunshade.
That's a must down here in Florida.
If someone comes up with an aftermarket tablet holder for the mavic then all bets are off.
I am certain the aftermarket community is working O.T. to provide us with many add on products for her and with so many apparently ordered it should have a positive effect on the U.S. economy!

Thanks Mike!

I had bought a phantom 4 at an Apple Store for a family member on 9/21.

After the Mavic release we debated returning the Phantom 4, but then decided that for a novice pilot who would be driving to any flying spot, and not vlogging :) that it came down to proven performance and slightly higher image quality in the Phantom 4 side, against coolness factor and significantly increased convenience for the Mavic.

After your review, I don't think that decision stands. You pointed out additional features and entities that have tested it and now we are less concerned about "proven" and thinking the convenience factor will change the way we can use a drone...for the better.

Only concern now is it will be harder to claim LOS without the white color!

Hoping I will not have trouble returning it. It is within the 14 days. Do I need a better reason?

Best review I've seen so far. Video and image quality is exceptional ! Think my P4 is gonna be sold ...

Look the quality of the Mavic
Obviously the Phantom will stick around.

This video does concern me. I am pre-ordered for a Mavic and if the video is "soft" like that. I don't think I want it. Is it really just because he didn't focus?

EDIT-The review posted above by Top Quark has me feeling much better. :)

Last edited:
Nice info. Within this list, Blade strike says the Mavic can be started when folded. Does that mean it's possible capture ground video with a functioning gimbal while folded?

Last edited:
That's the idea. It was discussed with respect to the Karma's handheld gimbal...and I suspect some of the shots in the launch and teaser videos was shot that way. Apart from that, I don't know that it's been demonstrated anywhere yet. The Mav's variable focus would make it nicely flexible for handheld shots, though

That's correct.
Now that's sweet. I've used my Phantoms to capture steady ground video in a pinch, but the small folded size if Mavic makes that option more ergonomically convenient to capture smooth shots.

I don't think Karma can do that. I think you have to remove the Karma GO PRO and install their gimbal onto their hand grip. But I will admit their hand grip looks very versatile. It will be interesting to see how well the delicate gimbal mechanics hold up in an action can environment using the GO PRO handycam setup.

Last edited:
That's the idea. It was discussed with respect to the Karma's handheld gimbal...and I suspect some of the shots in the launch and teaser videos was shot that way. Apart from that, I don't know that it's been demonstrated anywhere yet. The Mav's variable focus would make it nicely flexible for handheld shots, though

Can one of the DJI Reps demonstrate this functionality? It would be nice to see it demonstrated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anybody know the size of the motors? I can't find any specs on the motors at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20