P4 vs. P3 Comparison Thread (Title Changed)

:eek: You guys are all jumping on the ebay deal when little realize its most likely the wifi version lol

You can easily buy the wifi version for $715 on B&H, brand new, free shipping, no tax added as long as you don't live in New York.

DJI Phantom 3 4K CPPT000308 B&H Photo Video
The phantom 3 pro and the phantom 3 4K are completely different. The one on eBay is the pro and not the 4K item. Which does in fact have light bridge. Both have 4K cameras that is all. Look at difference below.
a9d6d0519470d27a75aa372c20515540.jpg

c1e53e344fc9410e80da44ace7984319.jpg

e4f7f2ac9f96821ddfb6eb93e663b453.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
The phantom 3 pro and the phantom 3 4K are completely different. The one on eBay is the pro and not the 4K item. Which does in fact have light bridge. Both have 4K cameras that is all. Look at difference below.
a9d6d0519470d27a75aa372c20515540.jpg

c1e53e344fc9410e80da44ace7984319.jpg

Easily questionable, by a misinformed ebay seller.

The $30 drones are toys, made for kids, who's parents don't want to cough up the money for the real consumer products. Were comparing apples with oranges here. Any adult can afford a Phantom 3 model or even the Phantom 4. If you are buying the $30-400 models then chances are you aren't even apart of this forum. As for the comparison of pro and consumer, I stand with my word. I'm not ashamed to say I only own P3P and I have made money off my phantom 3 plenty of times, who hasn't? But, I also been turned down by a lot of gigs after they asked what quad I own (consumer). I'm looking to convert to the Inspire Pro 1 RAW soon.

Maybe you live in a richer world than I do, but not every adult I know has an extra grand for leisure purposes. For instance, just this morning I got a call on an ad I had posted. I originally posted the item for $689 and over time lower the price to the lowest I will go, $629. Guy first asks me if I will sell it for $500, then he went up to $550 to which I said no. He then said he would get back to me when he has the money which might be never. The comparison is that these drones and what he wanted to buy are leisure items for most people. For some people that is their monthly rent. I know a gal who is begging her friends to give her a TV as she can't afford one. I live in a state where half the people are on welfare.

:eek: You guys are all jumping on the ebay deal when little realize its most likely the wifi version lol

You can easily buy the wifi version for $715 on B&H, brand new, free shipping, no tax added as long as you don't live in New York.

DJI Phantom 3 4K CPPT000308 B&H Photo Video

What about the $799 offer makes you think it isn't the Pro? The title says Pro, the picture is a pro? Nothing leads me to think it is other than a Pro. When I ordered mine I was 104th, now he is up to 140 sold.

What I don't care for, which might not be the seller, but might be how eBay works, but it says " Limited quantity available / 140 sold "

Virtually ever product sold has limited quantities available. In this case, limited is almost synonymous with "few". I think it is deceptive to say limited at 100 and still saying limited at 140 and no end in sight to how many he seems to have to sell. I have seen other ads that will tell you the number left which isn't the case for this guy's ad.

Easily questionable, by a misinformed ebay seller.
Agreed, however that is not the case with this seller.
I had a series of back and forth emails with the seller to confirm exactly what he is selling.
These are indeed legitimate DJI P3 Professionals - with lightbridge and latest design (shell/ESCs & motors) - for $799.

Although I'm usually very sceptical, it appears that sometimes a good deal is actually a good deal.

Thanks for confirming that.

And honestly, this is a good deal but it's not on the "too good to be true" level. Best Buy is selling P3P with a second battery for $999, free shipping although you've got tax in that scenario. This deal is $799 and I plan on buying a second battery for ~$120 so that puts it at $920 price range plus no tax (on the phantom). A great deal but not HUGE difference over the BB deal.

Plus people are selling barely-used P3Ps with multiple batteries and cases for around this same price. I'm almost regretting not getting one of those. But i'm happy with my decision.

Yup, prices are just dropping that much.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
It would have been nice to see the crash avoidence on all 4 legs for total coverage side to side and rear.
True that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh and don't forget above as well!

Maybe you live in a richer world than I do, but not every adult I know has an extra grand for leisure purposes. For instance, just this morning I got a call on an ad I had posted. I originally posted the item for $689 and over time lower the price to the lowest I will go, $629. Guy first asks me if I will sell it for $500, then he went up to $550 to which I said no. He then said he would get back to me when he has the money which might be never. The comparison is that these drones and what he wanted to buy are leisure items for most people. For some people that is their monthly rent. I know a gal who is begging her friends to give her a TV as she can't afford one. I live in a state where half the people are on welfare.
**** man, you must live here in Oklahoma with me. Lol! I live in the most poverty stricken county in Oklahoma and its a privilege to own a P3P. I own one of only two in this whole county. I'm not wealthy by no means either. It's a rare thing to see a Phantom in these parts but I'm sure on the east and west coasts, they're a dime a dozen. I'm hanging on to this bird. As soon as I sell out and buy the P4, it would be like every other tech products. They'll come out with bigger and better. I'll sit back and wait for the Phantom XL 100 Professional!!

**** man, you must live here in Oklahoma with me. Lol! I live in the most poverty stricken county in Oklahoma and its a privilege to own a P3P. I own one of only two in this whole county. I'm not wealthy by no means either. It's a rare thing to see a Phantom in these parts but I'm sure on the east and west coasts, they're a dime a dozen. I'm hanging on to this bird. As soon as I sell out and buy the P4, it would be like every other tech products. They'll come out with bigger and better. I'll sit back and wait for the Phantom XL 100 Professional!!

Yikes fellas. It's time to move out of that county. It's s big world out there. :(
Edit correct. Very common here in Florida. Hell we want to all get together and fly just from this forum alone. So many of us on here. Ive never been to Oklahoma. But my sister lived there a few years. Never knew it was that bad.

I own a p3 pro, I will wait for the p5 or p6 before upgrade. I think that many p3 user has contribute by sending feedback to dji about what they would like to see in the next p3 firmware update in stead they took all the ideas and develop it on the p4. Mainly the 1080 at 120fps fps slow motion part. I will not say that its unfair by dji but i think that the the phantom 3 could had easily support the follow me option and the 120fps.

I will wait more before changing quad copter :)

I am waiting for some real video comparisons - I suspect the better gimbal combined with the better lens may provide a nicer look. Luckily, I can afford to buy these things because I make some income from my books, blog, etc.

Oh, for those confused about the 4 different P3 models I did an article which shows the diff.
DJI Phantom 3 - Guide to 2016 Product Line - Drone Flyers

There's no denying the $799 P3P deal is phenomenal, at least today. Many will upgrade to the P4 whether it be this version or the one to follow. The P4 is better, no one can deny that. It has everything we love in our P3 along with many added features. In addition, it just looks like a more "complete" unit rather than perhaps an early prototype. I'm sure many don't agree with the aforementioned statement however, one can clearly see by the photos it's definitely depicts more refined Phantom. I'm looking forward to reading the reviews from all those that have placed their early orders as well as hoping I can force myself to hang on for the next release.

Any reasonable adult can afford $1,000. Whether you have the extra cash in your bank, credit cards, good credit to open up another card, trade or sell something you no longer use in order to obtain a quad. Theres countless ways to get a quad. Now that we are in 2016, its so easy to open up a credit card with 0% interests introductory rate for the first 10-18 months and simply pay $25 a month minimal until you have all the money gathered. If you are really being serious that some adults can't afford that. Then maybe you should be shopping at Walmart for quadcopters and not be on this forum or talking about Phantoms to begin with. Not trying to be rude. But, if you can't afford it you simply can't afford it and shouldn't be worrying about affording toys. You should be worried about becoming financially stable first. At first I told myself I will just fly recreationally and use it on my own personal time. But, people literally walk up to you and almost offer you money on the spot to get some shots for them. Its happened to me so many times and I have met really nice clients from this quad alone that it paid for itself doublt time already. I would cough up the $1,400 for the Phantom 4 because its simply a better quad than the Phantom 3. But, something is telling me to wait a few months. Not a year, not a couple years for the Phantom 5 or 6. Just a few months as I'm almost sure DJI is going to release better versions of the Phantom 4.

What about the $799 offer makes you think it isn't the Pro? The title says Pro, the picture is a pro? Nothing leads me to think it is other than a Pro. When I ordered mine I was 104th, now he is up to 140 sold.

What I don't care for, which might not be the seller, but might be how eBay works, but it says " Limited quantity available / 140 sold "

Virtually ever product sold has limited quantities available. In this case, limited is almost synonymous with "few". I think it is deceptive to say limited at 100 and still saying limited at 140 and no end in sight to how many he seems to have to sell. I have seen other ads that will tell you the number left which isn't the case for this guy's ad.

What makes me think it isn't the Pro? The fact the the Phantom 3 PRO 4k and the Phantom 3 4k are so identically, color shape, operation and everything else is the exact same except for one minor thing, LightBridge and Wifi video downlink which is you own a Phantom 3 with light bridge you know how big of a deal that is. It wasn't that long ago that DJI was selling light bridge itself for $1,000. Also the fact the every other retailer including DJI themselves are selling the Phantom 3 4k for $799. Yes, I'm sure I have my reasons on why I don't think this is the PRO. When the Phantom 3 Pro first came out a lot of people never got manuals with their Phantom. I was one of those people. I never purchased the Phantom 3 4k. But, I do own a Phantom 3 Pro. I don't know where people would be able to tell if theirs is a Pro or just the 4k model. Maybe on the box? Which ebay sellers can easily change for increase sales. Other then getting fine print that lets you know you have the Pro model. I'm curious to know how people will find out. Especially since the Phantom 3 is already a year old and they have the newer Phantom 4 models out. I wouldn't be surprised if retailers looked for extreme ways to clear out their inventory.

- 28 min of flight
- faster then p3p
- little bit better camera
- obstacle avoidance
- autonomus fliying
I've expected little more. There's no big difference between P3P/A and P4.
Personally I like any improvements to the camera and gimbal, but I wouldn't use much of the new autonomous flight pieces. Might have to sit back and wait for the next (P5) next year (hopefully even better camera, maybe some zoom for getting closer to wild life without scaring them off, and even better battery life).

Read a few articles, watched a couple of videos and not yet convinced it's worth spending $1400 +++ after owning my P3P for several months. I usually jump when upgrades surface however, autonomous flying to me just takes away much of the enjoyment of owning a P3. As most already know, $1400 will quickly become well over $2000 after batteries, case etc. I like the design, new gimbal set up along with many of the new features. Perhaps it's time to sit back, read all the future threads from new owners and then making an educated decision before selling my P3P and investing in DJIs newest Phantom.

I Agree. The P4 doesn't have features worth the upgrade and I love flying manually. Even when I fly gigs, I fly manually first to get the waypoints, camera angles and prove the flight path.

It a new P4 is $1400 and a new P3P is $1000. If you have some $700 P3Ps for sale I bet you would have some buyers.

my top 5 reasons why i wont upgrade to the p4 yet
" am still convinced the P3A gives the best quality/price ratio. The P4 is 1599 € against 899 € for the P3A. Which is almost 80% more expensive:

P3A 899 € = 985 $ = 100%
P3P 1199 € = 1313 $ = 133%
P4 1599 € = 1751 $ = 178%

You won't get 80% more quality or functionality. The same goes for the P3P.
So if I didn't own a P3A, I still wouldn't buy a P4."

I agree. The obstacle avoidance would have been great on ALL SIDES which would have been for much better indoor flying.
I also don't see how the anti collision could be able to prevent all collisions . Even with camera's on all sides.

I like how the props go on but get a nice little wind breeze my p3s will hit 50
Most people wouldn't believe the 50mph thing....until they've lived it. I put my P3P in "atti" mode and with a little tail wind it hits 50.2 mph with no problem. I've also flown it in "atti" mode for a 60,000' total distance flight on days when there is no wind. It seems the GPS mode acts like some type of governor on speed of the beast!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94