Do any P4 owners regret selling their P3?

But what does that mean?

"Far sharper" can simply be a setting in the JPEG engine. Are you getting any additional real detail? Think carefully before you answer, this is a difficult question to accurately ascertain. Look up the concepts of accutance and contrast.

And what is 'stable video'?

I think you misunderstood me. What I mean is the camera quality of the P4 is all I care about. I don't need avoidance, or battery life or anything else. If the camera is a big improvement I will buy one, if not I won't. Not sure why you're throwing such big words at me.

Reactions: kirk2579
The title of this thread is Do any P4 Owners regret selling their P3's

I have sold my P3P

I have purchased a P4 on March 1st, and received it on March 16th

No I have no regrets
Ken,
You're right, I started this thread with no intentions of people getting angry at one another, it was simply to find out if anyone regretted selling their P3 due to any disappointment with DJIs advertised improvements with the new P4. There's no doubt it's of better quality and offers more than the P3 however, did it truly meet the expectations of those that sold their P3 and having experienced flying their new P4, was the change worth the upgrade.?

Reactions: Jbundy63
Regrettably the app is errantly reporting kph not mph so it is really 58.78 mph. Still not bad.

Regrets ....lmao.... We love it... Who would regret this ....[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
b2751c37405633b917771415cf88b4aa.jpg

94mph!!!!

Haven't sent mine for a range test yet but the P4 battery life is no where near the 28 minute estimate. I am averaging 17:45 per flight (battery down to 15%) over 8 flights in a variety of scenarios. Best I have gotten was 20:47 flying all P-mode. Worst was 14:12 balls-to-the-wall in Sport Mode. Very disappointed in the battery life.

Reactions: liketogethigh
The P3's & even the P2's used the same calculation for determining power to return home but none of them suffer a >1/3rd reduction in actual run time vs. stated run time.

I have heard some getting the advertised flight time though. I read there is an algorithm that calculates distance, height, speed to determine if you have enough power to get back home. Do you think that's what's reducing flight time?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi just ordered my phantom for I have a iPhone 6s and I was wondering if it is good enough or does any of you guys recommend an android dragon touch plus

Eh, I don't fly out miles and miles out of range all the time. I'm ridiculously happy with mine. The active track is amazing. And the optics are far improved.

I had my Phantom 3 Pro for a couple of months before it developed a fault (see here), and thankfully the supplier refunded (they couldn't replace because they didn't stock the P3P anymore).

I chose to wait until the P4 was released, pre-ordered and have received it. Flying and camera quality are much the same; active track and avoidance are wonderful additions (I'm having a lot of fun with the active track).

I'm not getting more time with the P4. Today I had a session, recording the whole session and had 20min returning on 30%, which is a bit better than my P3P, but it does It feels slower in normal mode, (not tried sport).

There is much more to try, but so far I am happy with my P4.....

However, I'm a gadget freak, and like to have the latest stuff, but if somebody is looking for a drone for aerial photography; there is little difference between the P4 & P3P, and certainly not for the current price difference.

Honestly I'll probably be returning the P4.

I'm a good pilot so a lot of what the P4 offers I won't use.

The reduced range compared to my Version A P3P is very noticeable and disappointing. This is a huge draw back for me.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
There are many that argue they don't need "long range" capabilities, I was one of them. After having >120 flights under my belt with my P3P, I figured I wanted to see what she could do. Flew 16,000 feet without loss of any signal and only turned around due to concern about battery. Since that day, I often fly similar distances and I would be disappointed had I purchased the P4 and experienced substantially less numbers. Only a few P4 owners have reported similar distances to their P3 however, most have been reporting far less as you've stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Had my p4 zipping around at 50.1mph today in sports mode. This thing screams in the air. Non-sports mode it's as slow as a turtle compared to the p3p. Guess I'll keep both. But like everyone so far.. P4 is much more solid feeling and the new prop system is great

Says all the peeps that can't afford one! lol. Yes I'm a guy that likes the best, newest etc.

The new features are awesome... Being able to follow a subject without any input is awesome. Being able to lock on a target and have the Phantom follow it or stay locked on it (like Litchi) is awesome... The flight time is definitely MORE than the P4, and the people that say otherwise are jamming around in Sport mode, and surprised the battery went fast.... Same is true of a car, and gas mileage.

When you feel how quality the P4 is you'll see... It feels solid as a rock.

But hey if you don't have the money, or the desire, then it's up to you. Why get on here and run your mouth about something that's a personal choice?

Uh, my next drone will be at least Inspire class.. I'm certainly not jealous of your P4 - knock yourself out (and report back here). Hope it keeps you all buzzed up for at least a week or so until the P4 Pro comes out. (Or the Inspire 2, notice how the Inspire 1 prices are dropping....)

Had my p4 zipping around at 50.1mph today in sports mode. This thing screams in the air. Non-sports mode it's as slow as a turtle compared to the p3p. Guess I'll keep both. But like everyone so far.. P4 is much more solid feeling and the new prop system is great

The slow non sports mode is likely by design. On of the poor design decisions with the P3 is the fact that it is hard to get it to go SLOW enough to shoot good video. Go fast when you want to, slow when you need to.

I would like to have an inspire also. But they have inherent issues also.

Love my 4... nice and sturdy. Gimble tucked up inside nice, tells you if ur props are loose, and much more. I also have an inspire and love it too. 35 flawless flghts on it.
Hey Justgregg, what do you find is the battery life and flight distance range with the inspire?

I have both the P3P and the P4. My original intention was to sell the P3P to offset the cost of the P4 but I decided to keep both. I love the P4 and all the new features but I also like the P3P for it's range. I really have only done a handful of flights with the P4 but I have seen increased flight times with each flight, maybe the more break in cycles for the battery will increase the flight times. I have not really done any range tests yet but that really doesn't concern me too much at this point, it may in the future. The P3 and the P4 compliment each other but I understand the dilemma if you have to choose one over the other. I hope there are some firmware updates to address some of the issues.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik