P3 Firmware HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

The A1432 is an iPad Mini 1. That's not compatible with DJI GO.

The A1432 is an iPad Mini 1. That's not compatible with DJI GO.
Ok thank you for your help can you point me to a list of compatible devices for DJI Go App please. Thanks again for all your help and patience.

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used devices here.

A couple of quick questions:
- if using a mac do I have to unzip? I believe I can just copy the .bin file onto the send card. When putting it onto the root directory does that mean I put it in the sub folder under DCIM?
- I have not been able to generate a text file. I suspect I am doing something wrong in the questions above.

Thanks for the help.

When putting it onto the root directory does that mean I put it in the sub folder under DCIM?
The root is the main level on your memory card. The BIN should be in the root (just like all of the sub folders). If you put the BIN in one of the sub folders, your Phantom will not be able to find it.

I have not been able to generate a text file. I suspect I am doing something wrong in the questions above.
That usually means one of the following:
  • You have the BIN from a different Phantom model on the memory card
  • The BIN is not in the root of the memory card

Ok. Updated the aircraft and batteries with SD card. Updated the controller to the latest firmware, but whenever I turn it on, I get a message that the controller needs t be updated. Is this a known issue and does anyone have a fix? Thanks!

Correct. But, if the firmware on the memory card matches the installed firmware, it will not install. You should see a TXT file either way. Perhaps you missed some steps in the installation process? There are many so it's easy to do it incorrectly if you're not careful.
Just followed your steps and all went well. Only question is on multiple batteries. How long should firmware update take when inserting 2nd, 3rd, etc battery. Does each firmware release also update batteries? I just update to 1.10.90 and when I put 2nd battery in I got green status indicate in about 30 seconds. Thanks for your help.

Hello, I am preparing for upgrade (mentally lol)

Can batteries be fully charged for upgrade?

Will it go all okay if I never did upgrade and I have first version of everything? Should I be scared? :D

How long time does upgrade of everything take (assuming I have first version of everything)?

Thanks for answers and wish me luck :D

Can batteries be fully charged for upgrade?
Yes, you should charge them before installing new firmware.

Will it go all okay if I never did upgrade and I have first version of everything?
All should be fine if you follow my instructions at the top of this thread.

How long time does upgrade of everything take (assuming I have first version of everything)?
Plan for about 15-20 minutes for each firmware version you need to install.

How to proceed exactly if I got those versions?
(I am little bit confused about not neccessity of installing some versions of batteries and so on.)
XLMjhdp.png

Yes.

What are and where can I find the firmware upgrades for my P3 4K? What process to use to update the P3 4K and the controller?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl