P4 vs. P3 Comparison Thread (Title Changed)

A big feature for me is the dual IMU and compass. I think DJI has worked to eliminate the fly away issue with GPS/Glonass and redundant systems.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

sounds like buyer's remorse (of P3) than educated buyer assestment of the product (P4).

If I'm in the market buying a drone for AP, I would buy a P4. If I'm just started noticing the drone, I would buy a P3S for experimenting.

I think the buyers remorse is not due to the drone. The DJI 3 Pro I loved, my remorse was watching it dive in price. That sucked to be honest see what I paid... and then it keep dropping.

I luckily got close to what I paid (again luck was involved). So now I will invest that same money in Phantom 4 and hopefully it keeps value a little longer.

When originally released P3 range was listed as 2KM. Range was later updated to 5KM. If you bought your P3 in Dec 2015, unless it was old stock, it too has a stated range of 5KM.

When I bought my P3P (Dec 2015) the claim was range 2 km now it's 5km with the 4 ? Software upgrade?

800 was a good deal for new

Reactions: Tony Cowan
used, open box? Not nice to tease and not share your find. Having paid $800 this morning I am not happy about missing the $650 option.
You know these deals are rare indeed. 800 I would have paid they too. But s member here was selling two units. Barely used. Less than 4 charges on it. One for 700 and one for 650. I'm not teasing. Not at all. I'm just saying with the new p4. These lovely p3ps are up for grabs. B&H photo had a couple yesterday at $650 also several on eBay yesterday for 700. Most still under warranty. This was the link

[/URhttp://www.phantompilots.com/in...from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile appTwo Phantom 3 Pros - SOLD

Gotcha....I am willing to pay more for new. "most still warranty" implies used and part or all of the warranty is used up. I guess paying $800 for a new unit with full warranty might make it worth it. I already ordered one and cancelled it. Now I have to wait another 10 days....sigh.

800 is great price. My problem is my standard is only 6 weeks old. ****. And I thought it was strange the price was dropping like a rock. I believe this pro I bought is only 2 weeks old. They are a hobby store. Full warranty. But I don't mind that at all. Looks like the standard I will have to keep as it is a fire sale on them on eBay. Saw one go for 280'yesterday. Sad. Next year will go for next greatest. I think after standard and pro a inspire will be in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't been there yet, but I think we only have one store here that sells them other than BB, etc. I couldn't tell you the last time I was in a hobby store.

Reactions: Cale262
Can anyone confirm that the $800 eBay listing for the P3P is the final revision? Latest motors/ESCs and shell? I sent a message early today but haven't heard back.

The listing says " newer model" however, at $800, who really cares as long as its new.

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me what the video stream rate is on the P4? On the P3 its 60mb/s
What does the P4 weigh RTF?
Is the video feed latency any better than the P3? The P3 is around 300-500ms

Thanks Jason

Video is still 60mb/s, weight with battery is 1380g (100g more than P3 Pro/Advanced), no word on latency but I would expect the same since it appears to use the same Lightbridge system.

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me what the video stream rate is on the P4? On the P3 its 60mb/s
What does the P4 weigh RTF?
Is the video feed latency any better than the P3? The P3 is around 300-500ms

Thanks Jason

Maybe you would prefer the term pro-sumer? The little drones you get for $30 are amateur hour.

The $30 drones are toys, made for kids, who's parents don't want to cough up the money for the real consumer products. Were comparing apples with oranges here. Any adult can afford a Phantom 3 model or even the Phantom 4. If you are buying the $30-400 models then chances are you aren't even apart of this forum. As for the comparison of pro and consumer, I stand with my word. I'm not ashamed to say I only own P3P and I have made money off my phantom 3 plenty of times, who hasn't? But, I also been turned down by a lot of gigs after they asked what quad I own (consumer). I'm looking to convert to the Inspire Pro 1 RAW soon.

DJI Phantom 3 Pro Quadcopter with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal! Authorized Dealer
How could one looking for their first Phantom or upgrading from P1 or P2 spend $1399 for a P4 when $799 (no tax free US Shipping) will get you a brand new P3P from reputable eBay seller? It's almost worth buying a 2nd one as a spare!!

Um just so you knnow. That probably is the wifi version not the light bridge version. Which B&H is selling brand new for $715, no tax, no shipping fee.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart