Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Here is my return from 40k, it wouldn't post for some reason..
a8ba7f8ef371d59df8a68bd66335dbf4.jpg
1e0d55b647bf9dbf442a80d917bd138c.jpg

As you can see I ran out of battery power almost completely, I was proud of myself for finding such a nice spot for an emergency landing, and landed it dead on in the center of that baseball diamond near my old highschool..

I actually am really happy that I decided take a slight different rout home, had I not passed over the school I prolly woulda never had a safe place to land, and it most likely woulda ended up in a populated area or the woods somewhere and I woulda never retrieved it later on.

What a rush! Can't wait to do it all over again.. If the temps were at least 20 degrees warmer like yesterday I can guarantee you I woulda made it back successfully.. It was mainly the cold weather that drained my battery's so viciously on the return flight toward the end. 22min in the air.. When yesterday I was getting 27min easy.. Which is another reason I pushed for 40 assuming I would make it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you can recovered your bird ! And yes their is a learning curve in this game, managing the wind, temperature and so on. 57 % at the turnaround may be a little optimistic in this kind of weather !!
Thanks for sharing, I'm happy to see that your Maxxrange Antenna worked very well, event with fog as I've always believe that fog kill radiowave.
Be careful, P3 is discontinued !!

Glad you can recovered your bird ! And yes their is a learning curve in this game, managing the wind, temperature and so on. 57 % at the turnaround may be a little optimistic in this kind of weather !!
Thanks for sharing, I'm happy to see that your Maxxrange Antenna worked very well, event with fog as I've always believe that fog kill radiowave.
Be careful, P3 is discontinued !!

Yah man I hear ya! Well what happened is being so close to the lake the wind shifted on me, I thought I would be doing close to 40 most if not all the way back, but being so close to the lake once the winds shifted ( which I noticed right before my turn around when the quad ramped up from roughly 35 to 40-41mph.. At that point I knew things were gonna get ugly... It was the first time I had gone to 40k feet out in that direction and noticed on my way out that the straight line path I took was leading me closer and closer to the shoreline and I knew it wasn't good. Next time I will try to keep farther inward on land than outward toward the shoreline. And on my way back I tried going high, low, and everywhere in between but once the wind shifted the way it did there was nothing I could do to pick up the pace :/

And your right I learned a lot off that flight, next time my path will be different, I most cerInly won't do it on such a foggy day, and if it's below 40 degrees, forget about it lol.

I sure hope the p3 isn't discontinued forever. I'm thinking eventually they will bring it back.

I took my P3a out for a little joy ride today. And was not really planning going to far took up some sights on the way out.
Made it out to 23133ft before turning around All stock but a wind surfer over the rabbit ears. Next time I'll stay straight and with more of a battery started with 96%.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
I took my P3a out for a little joy ride today. And was not really planning going to far took up some sights on the way out.
Made it out to 23133ft before turning around All stock but a wind surfer over the rabbit ears. Next time I'll stay straight and with more of a battery started with 96%.
thats a heck of a flight on stock battery man. What happened at the end? HD showed Motor Obstructed at the end, all okay??

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
thats a heck of a flight on stock battery man. What happened at the end? HD showed Motor Obstructed at the end, all okay??
I missed my landing spot by 2 ft and landed in a tail weed.(tumble weed). It's all good II did another short flight after words.I'm working on the video. I was fighting a little w ind coming back you can see my speed jumping around.at the end of the video if you look there is a wind sock on my buddy antenna of his truck. Temperature does play a big thing in the long range flights. I'll be going back to my DBS or even the CCP's. So I can get a better signal. I was surprised I was able to get that far with a wind surfer. The signal would come and go. even when I did turn around I had good control.

Hi Guys...Its frustrating sometimes..ideal weather for flying during the the week and you have to work, and come the weekend yes you guess it to windy...but hows this during some down time I was checking the bird and as I was checking externals and a wire just disconnected from XT60 connection...wtf and yes my soldering joint was not up to scratch..re solderered taking extra care it was done good..so in ironsight i was a lucky...check and double check pilots!

Hi Guys...Its frustrating sometimes..ideal weather for flying during the the week and you have to work, and come the weekend yes you guess it to windy...but hows this during some down time I was checking the bird and as I was checking externals and a wire just disconnected from XT60 connection...wtf and yes my soldering joint was not up to scratch..re solderered taking extra care it was done good..so in ironsight i was a lucky...check and double check pilots!
i had that happen once as well .. flew my test flight, landed .. unplugged and plugged the next setup and took off. it was like 8mins right away .. the externals were not powering. I took it home and popped the lid and my power solder line had come off the mainboard. My solder wasnt good enough .. oops. Fixed and better than ever!

I hear ya with the weather.. Seems the weather is always perfect the days I work.. 12 hours a day 7 days a week.. My only days are Sunday and Tuesday IF I don't have things going on.. And wouldn't you know it, every single Sunday or tues it's either way too cold, or way too windy.. At least for long distance!

It's frustrating. I hope tomorrow is nice so I can do some testing.

I never wanted spring so badly!!

Alan- good catch man! Just another reason it's always SO important to look over EVERYTHING, and even more so for us long distance junkies!

I hear ya with the weather.. Seems the weather is always perfect the days I work.. 12 hours a day 7 days a week.. My only days are Sunday and Tuesday IF I don't have things going on.. And wouldn't you know it, every single Sunday or tues it's either way too cold, or way too windy.. At least for long distance!

It's frustrating. I hope tomorrow is nice so I can do some testing.

I never wanted spring so badly!!

Alan- good catch man! Just another reason it's always SO important to look over EVERYTHING, and even more so for us long distance junkies!

NBB spring it was like 72 degree's f today. ;). I was working on my honey do list thou.

This one is with my P3Pro, early model from first couple months production. COMPLETELY, TOTALLY stock system with lots of interference here in DFW metroplex. I would lose video about halfway out and found that a TV station had built a new weather radar on a 75 ft tower only 1500 feet off the path. When the beam would sweep through, it wipes me out temporarily.
Dec12_long.JPG

It takes Florida like weather to put out Florida distances! Well that and a HUUUUUGE battery! I've been experimenting with this 10.0 for a few flights and while it shows promise it does not handle very well. I don't recommend it, but it got the job done.

a075ba9699567e8a7290908ce23915fd.jpg

2bd936ddd67e4615235474b160ffa84b.jpg

c9390a8f8a81f3213f92a86eb83b6fe5.jpg

640271bbcd00deb1ad6f0318c0d04865.jpg

P3A w/ cam
Bat mod 10.0 multi star
Terminator, video side boosted
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It takes Florida like weather to put out Florida distances! Well that and a HUUUUUGE battery! I've been experimenting with this 10.0 for a few flights and while it shows promise it does not handle very well. I don't recommend it, but it got the job done.

P3A w/ cam
Bat mod 10.0 multi star
\

hollllllleeyyy cow boys! We got us a new record!! 62,182 feet, **** thats nice! Coming in at 4%, thats pushing it dirtybum! Read your post, it says "Terminator, video side boosted" .. your running unboosted on the rc side and had signal at 62k? wow! congrats man, the record is yours again!

Reactions: Lee SK

P3A w/ cam
Bat mod 10.0 multi star

P3A w/ cam
Bat mod 10.0 multi star
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ba/ee/7d/baee7d789ce0a5724025683d7eb99ce1.png

Wooh .... new kid in town !
Well done DB !! I know you never give up ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl