This is my 1st run out of the box with a new P4P did better than I expected

Nice start. You must've been really cruising. From your background in the Mav arena, this must've felt like you was flying a tank. Interested to see where it goes from here. Thanks for sharing and jumping in

Reactions: Aumoe
There will be a leaning curve but drone is not as big as I imagined. The RC on the other hand is a monster and will take a little getting used to . I'm waiting on some good weather now and it will be stock runs for a while till I get my money back up

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
Pushed it a little further out today. It still has a good bit left :) stock p4p

Last edited:
Good run Joe . But i have a question does using a modded Remote = a stock run ? Not trying to say anything just curious as to how they roll over here. :) thanks bro

No offense taken :) My run was a modded RC with a stock P4. Although, I did tweak the flight controller. The spirit of these leaderboards seem to be two classes. Stock battery vs non-stock battery. I'm guessing the classification of battery modded vs non-battery modded are popular because it's easier to validate based on the flight data. Outside of those two classes, it's too easy to cheat. For 100% stock radio and bird, you seem to have the record. Well done!

I'm actually building a battery modded P3 right now, but I'm still not clear on the requirements of those super modified flights. It would be nice if someone sponsored a new leaderboard thread.

Last edited:
Good run Joe . But i have a question does using a modded Remote = a stock run ? Not trying to say anything just curious as to how they roll over here. :) thanks bro

Looking at your flight data, it looks like you are targeting about a 34mph airspeed. I researched many of these record breaking runs and they also seem to target aprox 34mph. At 34mph I was getting about 5 3/4 miles (11 miles total). When I dropped it down to about 30-32 mph, I broke the 6 mile mark (12 miles). Have you experimented with a slightly slower speed? I did have super low wind that day, <2mph, so maybe that was more of a contributor.

No offense taken :) My run was a modded RC with a stock P4. Although, I did tweak the flight controller. The majority of these leaderboards seem to be two classes. Stock battery vs non-stock. I'm guessing the classification of battery modded vs non-battery modded are popular because it's easier to validate based on the flight data. Outside of those two classes, it's too easy to cheat. For 100% stock radio and bird, you seem to have the record. Well done!

I'm actually building a battery modded P3 right now, but I'm still not clear on the requirements of those super modified flights. It would be nice if someone sponsored a new leaderboard thread.
Thanks bro was checking so I could modded my RC and still do stock runs without having to buy a 2nd one .I'm not sure about the record have not looked though the whole thread.i know a few guys have taken down there flight and i believe they stop keeping track a while ago. I do change a few parameters to

Thanks bro was checking so I could modded my RC and still do stock runs without having to buy a 2nd one .I'm not sure about the record have not looked though the whole thread.i know a few guys have taken down there flight and i believe they stop keeping track a while ago. I do change a few parameters to

These flights are old, but only the battery modded flights seem to pass us. I think we beat all of the antenna boosted. Clearly this P4 forum is a very open class. But because the achievements also list antenna mods vs non-antenna mods, I think our flights are notable achievements.

1. Unknown Caller - 58,568 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
2. dirtybum - 55,068 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. FLPTFLYER - 47,878 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Battery Mod
4. Chuck R. 46,066.5 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
5. Fanti - 44,528 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
6. ray rokni - 44,268 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
7. Mohan De Silva - 43,253.7 ft - Horizon Terminator - Battery Mod
8. Cloud Chaser - 43,061 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
9. YoungBlood - 37,208 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod, 7 Years Old
10. josephtarlecky - 36,653 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
11. Fast13 - 32.447 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
12. GadgetGuy - 30,590 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
13. MrMiagi - 27,224 ft - Windsurfers
14. Fallguy - 26,747 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted
15. oblivie - 26,583 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted

Last edited:
Looking at your flight data, it looks like you are targeting about a 34mph airspeed. I researched many of these record breaking runs and they also seem to target aprox 34mph. At 34mph I was getting about 5 3/4 miles (11 miles total). When I dropped it down to about 30-32 mph, I broke the 6 mile mark (12 miles). Have you experimented with a slightly slower speed? I did have super low wind that day, <2mph, so maybe that was more of a contributor.
Been a mavic guy for over a year have some records over there . Only had the P4P for a couple of weeks so about 15 20 flights . I've been trying to find a good tilt and speed but it's been windy an hard to compare runs.

So this thread shows that it most certainly can get the range it says and this thread shows battery power is teue, so why are there 99 threads of people so happy about not buying a P4 because believe me, the P4 feels cooler and it flies smoother faster and better.
I love my P4 but my P3 Advanced will do 50+MPH any day with no tail wind.
Figure that one out ; )

When I dropped it down to about 30-32 mph, I broke the 6 mile mark (12 miles). Have you experimented with a slightly slower speed? .

Always been the thought that p4 should be throttled back to win records, but I believe unknown caller claimed his record p4 flight was done full stick foward the entire flight

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl