Official P3 Range Leaderboard

image.png Uimage.png Latest flight battery mod, max range antenna, boosted. make can update me on board thanks

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Well done Alan I feel you in my gearbox !!
Which battery mod ? 2% is very very low ...
when I set my own record at 11523 m I landed at 24% ! With a MS 5200 ( and my camera mod )

Thanks guys..the battery I used was ms 4000 lihv flew in calm conditions, next time I will use my ms 5200 battery and see how I go.

Hi Atlantic Surfer re last flight I was on the ground with 5% almost forgot to take a snap shot, still the the heart rate was up..lol.

I find that 64% is the sweet spot to go back with a > 95% of chance to go home and maximize the distance. My location is a marshland (except the last 1/2 mile ) and if my P3 don't go back home I'll never recover it. And I can't afford ( mentally) to loose my P3, I' m an "old"pilot and I'll never play the 50/50 game like some steel ballers here, until I find another location !

Thanks guys..the battery I used was ms 4000 lihv flew in calm conditions, next time I will use my ms 5200 battery and see how I go.
If it can help : each time I want to fly a new battery, I made a flight test in a big field near home, in almost the same style I fly in long distance flight ( 100% throttle, GPS mode). Then I go to my flight log in DJi Go and replayed the flight to see which battery volt/% I reached at mid flight in distance.
It's a good test to know how far you can go" safely" and to be sure your new battery is good ...
Here my last test with the Ms5200
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Dig, are you back up and running ?
Nope, the one aircraft is still dead with compass error. The camera is in the same state .. I removed the gimbal ribbon to move into a different camera and tore it when removing so it stopped working, I need to order a new ribbon. I've still my 'cameraless' phantom, so i could fly but would prefer to be taking pics and video right now :)

Reactions: phxbird57
Nope, the one aircraft is still dead with compass error. The camera is in the same state .. I removed the gimbal ribbon to move into a different camera and tore it when removing so it stopped working, I need to order a new ribbon. I've still my 'cameraless' phantom, so i could fly but would prefer to be taking pics and video right now :)

I have some spare cables around, got a pic of the one you need??

c59926a4a3f1a7a961da4ed14667e6d1.jpg
c4fc5792119d44e25b531c2fb6f7b2dc.jpg

Made 30,200 feet in distance today on my only 3rd test ever with the maxxrange panel un-boosted with dual venom 2300 external saddle battery mod.. Going to test more tomarrow should be able to go 35-40k all day long if my battery allows.. And if the wind is minimal. Had roughly a 5mph headwind so right before I took the screen shot I raised my altitude for my turn around to catch a decent tailwind..

The entire way out to 30k feet I had full signal, zero drop outs, and was only at roughly 270 feet! Until right before the screen shot and my turn around when I raised it another 100' in altitude to catch the tailwind..

The Reason my flight log only shows one way is because soon around 27,000 feet the app force closed on me and when I opened it back up it started a new flight log..

Can't wait to go farther tomarrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.png
image.png
Hey guys, as I posted yesterday I had a 30k run on my 3rd time ever using my new un- boosted maxxrange antenna along with my new battery mod..

Well although 30k would be great for most, for me I wasn't happy yet. So I set my sites on 35-37k today, 4th flight ever with my maxxrange and battery mod. Only problem was that it was extremely foggy out cuz it had just stopped raining and the temperature dropped from 50 deg F yesterday to 35-38 deg F today with a 4-7mph wind... Though it was cold and foggy that didn't detour me. I kept the battery's warm as I could by placing them in the inside pockets of my jacket while I got setup.

Against my better judgment I went for it and was in the air at 30k feet in no time... Roughly 10 minutes after take off to be exact... I did some quick math at 30k and being that I got that far that fast, traveling 35mph into the slight 4mph wind i thought why not try for 40k... Well by the time I got to 40k my quad started to pick up speed to roughly 40mph, I knew at that point the wind must have changed directions and was worried on the turn around at 40k feet.

The turn around went smooth but just as I had expected the wind changed and I was going only 29-33mph the whole way back and I knew when I got to 20k and only had 10% batt remaining that I was gonna have to look fast for a spot to ditch it.... I ditched it around 12k feet when autoland finally kicked in, I managed to safely land it at a nearby school, right inside the baseball diamond for easy retrieving of the quad.

I was able to rescue my quad and all is good, after looking at my flight log I realized I was only in the air for 24 min exactly... This was due to the cold temps along with fighting the wind on my return. Had it been warmer like yesterday (50 degrees F) I prolly woulda made it cuz I was getting 27-28 min run times yesterday. :( oh well better luck next time!

You can see how bad the fog was on my video feed in the one picture, all I could see was white, had to fly by the map only.. I can't believe how well the maxxrange antenna un-boosted worked .. I had full bars 90% of the time and all the way up to 37k I was only at around 220 feet altitude. That's just insane to me. I have boosters on the way regardless, so it's just gonna get much much better!

I'm just happy that my p3a lives to fly another day.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers