How to install new antenna?

Reaction score
Hey

I am having issues with my p3Standard, max altitude i could reach is 234 meters. After that it says weak remotw signal. Tried different antenna positions, diferent open fields. same result.

Back to the subject.
I ordered this antenna which should boost the signal.
2.4G Signal Booster Amplifier For DJI Phantom Transmitter FPV Extend Range HC

How do i install it on P3Stadard regular remote? Cant find any instructions online. Only some complicated stuff.

Let us know how that works. You would open the controler, find the 5.8 wire, remove white stuff. Plug in new wire. Now you would have a plug for the amplifier. I havent heard anyone doing this, so it might damage tge control?

I have no idea. Thats why i cam for advice.
Is there anything else needed for this?

I don't mess with amps but that's not gonna help ya Sho.
To start with your 2.4... FPV ... has 2 cables as it has 2 antenna panels in the TX .
You also gonna have to have an external power supply for that .
What are your signal bars looking like when you are seeing weak signal .

Reactions: ShoRotten
I don't mess with amps but that's not gonna help ya Sho.
To start with your 2.4... FPV ... has 2 cables as it has 2 antenna panels in the TX .
You also gonna have to have an external power supply for that .
What are your signal bars looking like when you are seeing weak signal .
:((
I so much regret i didn't buy advanced. Standard model sucks.
Here is the screenshot.

Attachments

• 1449595840216.jpg
    1449595840216.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 419
5.8 is what your dropping and I always just go with the external antennas like the itelite or FPVLR one to get more .
Are you in CE or FCC ?

5.8 is what your dropping and I always just go with the external antennas like the itelite or FPVLR one to get more .
Are you in CE or FCC ?
Sorry im a newbie, i dont know much.

What is 5.8?
Are external antennas easy to install and cheap?
What is CE or FCC? (Maximum altitude was set 350 meters that day)

5.8 controls your bird and ya need to read some in the antenna threads .
Easy depends on you and nothing really cheap messing with these things :)
itelite will be the cheaper of those 2 and is the one I use on my standard as so do a lot .
CE and FCC depends where your at and FCC gets more distance .
I'm taking it your in CE as your talking meters .
If you can't find that thread just post back and will find it for you but you do need to read it . It's very helpful .

Thanks for your support.

I still dont get. 2.4 and 5.8 are Ghz? Do i change them or how does it work. What do you mean 5.8 controls my drone?

What is the price for itelite? And how much Max altitude and distance does it give you?

I am in Europe.

Plz link the thread to me what i need to read. :) thx again

2.4 is for FPV and 5.8 controls the quad .This is what I got with just the TX modded 8239'.jpg You won't get as much being where you are .
Showed ya the log shot as talk is cheap in here and there it is .Last I looked it was $119.00 without shipping and will bring ya back the link to it .
This is a long thread but just skip through it to get an idea :) Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | DJI Phantom Forum

2.4 is for FPV and 5.8 controls the quad .This is what I got with just the TX modded View attachment 37422 You won't get as much being where you are .
Showed ya the log shot as talk is cheap in here and there it is .Last I looked it was $119.00 without shipping and will bring ya back the link to it .
This is a long thread but just skip through it to get an idea :) Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | DJI Phantom Forum
I see. And how much altitude does it give you max?

Tx means remote controller?

:)..Just send it back .lol
Don't throw your money away bro !
Haha i wish i could but i cant.
I am not in states. I am using freight forwarding company to deliver it to me. So if i send it back from my country, it will cost me another 26$)))

Do some reading as their are other options and just don't take what works for me .Might not for you.
Would be good to find someone here from where you are to chime in and tell ya what they are using .

Reactions: ShoRotten
Do some reading as their are other options and just don't take what works for me .Might not for you.
Would be good to find someone here from where you are to chime in and tell ya what they are using .
Sure. Actually the link u gave me i have seen couple of times alreay. So its a popular mod as i see..

Will a beer can on antenna do the trick?)))))

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl