FPV Booster for Vision (non-Plus) Available

Re: FPV Booster for Vision (non-Plus) Beta Testing

What makes it more complicated is P2V inconsistency even without booster app. Every time when we power cycle P2V/RE500, it may behave differently and randomly. I'm unsure whether you guys encounter any inconsistent issue. We are exploring a fix to this issue.
What you mean by 'may behave differently and randomly'. Does it mean that some algorithm's variables are randomly assigned after power cycle? I have to say that I never experienced strange behaviour which I couldn't explain by an external factors (wifi saturation, wind, metal constructions nearby, poor satellite reception, ...).

Not of much value when it won't work with my tablet.

Downloaded new Vision app. to my Nexus 7. Everything went smooth. Took it out for a few test flights and again it worked great.

Testing was with mod antenna on RE500 and Vision. Not a good test with modded Vision but none the less good results. Also flying in high wifi congested area so results are always variable for me. The first thing I noticed again when boosted is smoother FPV. My flights are not for distance but exploring with irregular flight path. Destination is common though. Non-boosted was 2200ft. but a few glitches in FPV before total wifi loss. Boosted was 3000ft. without any FPV interruption. Just flew around at that distance with good Video. Lost wifi with boosted during return flight at 2000ft. do to poor radar orientation. Got to point antenna in the right direction. lol.

Again the results are variable compared to past results due to wifi congestion.

-area heavy wifi. good los
-640x480/15fps
-altitude 150ft.
-same destination for both flights
-non-boosted 2200ft. FPV returned about 1800ft.
-boosted 3000ft. No FPV loss. Flew around at 3000ft without loss of FPV before returning.

enterprise1 said:
Downloaded new Vision app. to my Nexus 7. Everything went smooth. Took it out for a few test flights and again it worked great.

Testing was with mod antenna on RE500 and Vision. Not a good test with modded Vision but none the less good results. Also flying in high wifi congested area so results are always variable for me. The first thing I noticed again when boosted is smoother FPV. My flights are not for distance but exploring with irregular flight path. Destination is common though. Non-boosted was 2200ft. but a few glitches in FPV before total wifi loss. Boosted was 3000ft. without any FPV interruption. Just flew around at that distance with good Video. Lost wifi with boosted during return flight at 2000ft. do to poor radar orientation. Got to point antenna in the right direction. lol.

-640x480/15fps
-altitude 150ft.
-boosted 3000ft. No FPV loss. Flew around at 3000ft without loss of FPV before returning.
I'm so glad to hear your positive feedback. The booster is not only boosting FPV range, it also boosts FPV quality. You may also test it with 640x480 30fps.

If there is no FPV loss after boosted at 3000ft, why not fly farther to test the limit?

PVFlyer said:
Happyflyer said:
iOS version is on it's way. Apple takes much longer 2-4 weeks for new app approval, especially a bunch of apps queuing up for iOS 8 compatible approval.
My tablet IS Android 4.2.1

Happyflyer said:
PVFlyer said:
Happyflyer said:
iOS version is on it's way. Apple takes much longer 2-4 weeks for new app approval, especially a bunch of apps queuing up for iOS 8 compatible approval.
My tablet IS Android 4.2.1
Can you elaborate a bit more about "when it won't work with my tablet"?

PVFlyer said:
enterprise1 said:

-640x480/15fps
-altitude 150ft.
I'm so glad to hear your positive feedback. The booster is not only boosting FPV range, it also boosts FPV quality. You may also test it with 640x480 30fps.

If there is no FPV loss after boosted at 3000ft, why not fly farther to test the limit?
Any chance to post a review and rate the app in Google Play store? Do you have a picture to show your antenna mod or screenshot of 3000ft FPV?

PVFlyer said:
enterprise1 said:

-640x480/15fps
-altitude 150ft.

I'm running firmware 1.08 and Android 1.38. Firmware distance only reads out to 3300ft then you get n/a. Android 1.38 does not have 640x480/30fts. Tried firmware 2.0 with other Android apps. but 640x480/30fps is very unstable.

PVFlyer said:
Can you elaborate a bit more about "when it won't work with my tablet"?
In the play store if an app is not compatible with your device it will not show up in the list of apps.
If you go to the play store on your lap top, find the app, it will state "this app is compatible with some of your devices"
It shows it is not compatible with my Android 4.2.1 tablet.

Re: FPV Booster for Vision (non-Plus) Available in Google Pl

Happyflyer that does not tell you much.
I had same problem with my Nex7 and thet standard Vision app didnt show up in Google store but I got it from my other device and installed it anyway and worked like a charm. This also goes for other android apps that says non compatible which I downloaded from other places and they also work great. I dont trust the Goggle Play store function workin 100% in this particular matter.

Also keep in mind that the build.prop file is diffrent in mobile/tablet brands and that file tells and takes care of telling you what you can access. Many with rooted devices edit their build.prop file

AndySwe said:
Happyflyer that does not tell you much.
I had same problem with my Nex7 and thet standard Vision app didnt show up in Google store but I got it from my other device and installed it anyway and worked like a charm. This also goes for other android apps that says non compatible which I downloaded from other places and they also work great. I dont trust the Goggle Play store function workin 100% in this particular matter.

Also keep in mind that the build.prop file is diffrent in mobile/tablet brands and that file tells and takes care of telling you what you can access. Many with rooted devices edit their build.prop file
I agree with you on that. I did root that tablet with good information from knowledgeable people from another forum and have side loaded apps. But when it comes to editing files, that is not my expertise.
Actually, the problem is moot because I have ordered the RE-700.

Seems to have improved my range. Got to 1500 feet (457 meters) away before the Phantom hit the limits I set in the naza software. I will have to increase my limits and have another go to see how much further I can get! ( using all latest phantom software on a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone)

Honest review here.!
Hello everyone, I was reading about this app for quite sometime and never really looked into other than it being able to increase fpv range for my vision.
So today I remembered about it and instantly bought it without doing a lot of research on the beta testers or new consumers, but for 8 dollars I really can't complain...well yeah I kinda can.lol
I tried it out just now and I can honestly say it did give me a boost.!
I normally fly out usually to see how long I get fpv range on my non boosted setup(12.9 dBi 6.5 turns and 2dbi pinwheel antenna from fpvlr on RE500)and would normally get around 1100. Feet distance and around 200 feet height on a heavy wifi area(and that's max limit, with phantom turned on it's side to get better antenna connection)
Now that I tried my same setup with this app I honestly got a increase,can't really say the max amount as my connection went to fail safe mode and returned to me but the screen read 1600ft distance before It went to fail safe.
(I had to turn it on it's side to get that range, but still a increase since I couldn't get that distance" un boosted ")
Great app.!

Can I use the booster if I am using an RE 700 instead of an RE 500 on my P2V?

I am a bit lost here, because different people show different results and I do not know who has stock antenna set up, anymore...

As per stock set up, what gains do people observe?

WARNING

do not buy this app or use it.
It seems that this guy OP is cheating on us.
read the 5 last pages of his thread in the P2V+ forum

Geert said:
loquacious said:
Can I use the booster if I am using an RE 700 instead of an RE 500 on my P2V?
No, you can not use this booster app, you need another one.
Read Q4 from the first post of this thread.

Geert./.

I did read that but I have a Phantom 2 Vision not the Vision + so I am thinking the one for the Vision + will not work and was hoping the new one for the standard vision would.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie