Horizon v-3 split power mod

Here is some pictures

Nothing special apart from different antenna mods to get the range. I used circuit board to cut the wings for the battery mount. Don't like sticky tape!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Fredz - I think I mentioned 26 minutes with 1600 nanotechs - I only started getting 33-34 minutes with HV cells with 5200ma capacity
Old motors I see. What firmware?

Here is some pictures

Nothing special apart from different antenna mods to get the range. I used circuit board to cut the wings for the battery mount. Don't like sticky tape!!

View attachment 48646 View attachment 48647 View attachment 48648
Thick vecro strap, heavy wires for internal bat mod, extra rsma connectors, old motors! Yep, i think we can rule light weight OUT, as being the key, Will!
This bird is heavier than mine!

IMG_0045.PNG IMG_0044-1.PNG I just did this yesterday with my Horizon Power Mod V3 this is not a brand new battery mod it's the same one I've been running for the last month. I went all the way to zero had to land a little short.

Nice flight Unknown!
Thanks man I went flying this weekend with big Chuck from DBS mods down in South Florida it was good time. Nice I had a couple people witness the flight. It was really bad wind conditions I was only flying 24 miles an hour on the way back scary had to bleed altitude to gain speed on the way back landed a little short but it was still about 18 miles round trip.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
What kind of externals batts are those they look like 2x4s Dji batts?
Yeah, Mohan those look nothing like mine from Midwest Horizon!
Maybe we're getting closer to whats different. Heres mine!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459101560.876043.jpg

Mine look 2x smaller than yours
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459101924.638791.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Mohan those look nothing like mine from Midwest Horizon!
Maybe we're getting closer to whats different. Heres mine!View attachment 48676
Mine look 2x smaller than yoursView attachment 48677

Ya, doesn't look like he's using a split DJi battery and besides the additional weight (bigger mah) his batteries seem to weighted down even more with what looks like duct tape. This may further prove that weight is not so much a concern or as much of a concern, within reason, as Horizon led us to believe.

I'm still shaking my head about that whole deal. I think they could have just offered a service to modify a single main P3 battery and let us know that really any external HV or non-HV or a 2x 2S or 2x 4S setup would work from an external battery standpoint.

I flew my P3A with the Horizon mod yesterday. I just taped the two externals on inbetween the legs. Went out 3.9 miles and back. 100% to 45% and flight time was 15:01. I could have went further I didn't really run into any signal issues.

I proved the weight theory last week. Flying with the Horizon v3 mod my total weight was 1692.6g. With Hyperion G6 2400s it was 1749.4. And way better flight performance.

Reactions: dirtybum
I am not big into props. I realise I should experiment but with a full time job, bad british weather all the time it is very difficult to plan anything. I used standard p3 props. I really don't want to sound like a arse but I just loaded it up and flew it like I stole it. Can't get past 34 minutes even if my life depended on it - so well done Unknown for flying another 3 minutes and getting 95k feet distance

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic