Horizon v-3 split power mod

Reaction score
The dual power mod is great but this mod deserves its own thread since it is the "next level s**t"!
So here we go i'm strapped on and ready to fly at first light.
Please, i encourage others to use this post for sharing your experiences or interest in the horizon v-3 split power mod.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457847271.632759.jpg

Subscribed for your result. Will post mine here when it arrives too.

First thing i noticed pre-flight, is while charging the packs thru the modded v-3 battery is that the charge/level indicator led's on the smart battery do NOT light and seem to be disconnected. So ordering the voltage monitor and cable will be necessary to montor charging progress.

Edit; was advised to start charging main bat 1st then lights flash then hook up split pack, confirmed that it works.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457850425.199139.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457850425.199139.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 1,177
Last edited:
It would still be possible to charge using a LiHV capable charger and the XT60 connectors? Is the custom balance lead just a 4s balance connector?

Ok that's what I was figuring since the voltage monitor looks to be standard.

I did my own split mod without the custom balance connectors (individual 2S balance connectors instead) and charge on the D100. My results were not as good as Hyperion G6 2400s or even 1800s. Will be curious to see what you get.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457851501.936399.jpg

No. The main bat does not have balance leads for the split packs to plug in. Some people are saying having the balance leads connected allow for better measurement of actual remaining power
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457852646.689254.jpg

It would still be possible to charge using a LiHV capable charger and the XT60 connectors? Is the custom balance lead just a 4s balance connector?

Hey Ed, would you use the original DJI charger on the Horizon V3 Power mod, or would the D100 work? I just have the 57W with my standard.

Since I have already tried with the D100, when my power mod comes in I'm going to try charging with the included balance connectors and using the DJI charger. In theory I feel there is no difference though but I need something to compare against my current results.

Hey Ed, would you use the original DJI charger on the Horizon V3 Power mod, or would the D100 work? I just have the 57W with my standard.
You charge the v-3 w/ your dji charger. Takes a while since you are actually charging (2) batteries at once.

No. The main bat does not have balance leads for the split packs to plug in. Some people are saying having the balance leads connected allow for better measurement of actual remaining powerView attachment 46934
You mean "your" mod doesnt have balance leads?
What cell #'s are you looking for in a fully balanced 15.2 battery??

Last edited:
You mean "you're" mod doesnt have balance leads
My mod does have balance leads on the ext split packs, not on the DJI battery. It would be really interesting if that is what makes it so much better. I'm still on the fence about this though.

I haven't been instructed whether balance leads should be connected during flight or xt-60's only like the "normal" battery mod.

Although my opinion is that it would not matter for flight but may be crucial for charging.

Last edited:
Interesting about the smart battery led's, they started flashing after the voltage monitor reached 17.0 v

I haven't been instructed whether balance leads should be connected during flight or xt-60's only like the "normal" battery mod.

Although my opinion is that it would not matter for flight but may be crucial for charging.

Fredz said it was "per instruction". Would be interesting to see your results. Here's his comment from the other thread. Are you planning on flying tomorrow?
Dual Battery Mod

So for everyone listening,yes,connect balance leads AND xt 60's in flight.

I plan on flying in the morning , if rain lifts it will be 7 mph east winds. East is my worst direction in my area for distance but i might be able to get 5 miles before signal issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj