Plug n play battery mod

I received my horizon 5200 battery mod and did my first flight. I did not go for distance (admittedly scared) but focused on battery life. I flew within a 3000 ft radius. The result is 27 minutes to 10%.

I noticed a considerable difference in the handling. It was a lot more aggressive in stick response as if compensating for the extra weight. Easily adjusted to it. I am happy overall and the new battery tray is easy and streamlined. Awesome investment!

Great! It's been terrible weather here and I haven't flown since my first flight. Looking forward to it soon.

How is everyone mounting there external batts?...does anyone use the CF mount/tray that goes in between the landing gear and bird??

How is everyone mounting there external batts?...does anyone use the CF mount/tray that goes in between the landing gear and bird??
I've used those, but theyre really bulkier than you even need. Now I just tape them on because they sit right in between the legs in a very aerodynamic way and the tape weighs nothing. If you don't like to just tape it on Tom at Midwest came up with a real clever design, a little lander that goes in between the legs that you can rest a battery on
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463787137.078129.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I've used those, but theyre really bulkier than you even need. Now I just tape them on because they sit right in between the legs in a very aerodynamic way and the tape weighs nothing. If you don't like to just tape it on Tom at Midwest came up with a real clever design, a little lander that goes in between the legs that you can rest a battery onView attachment 54541
See Post 22 in this thread (it's on Page 2) for photos of DB's awesome tape set up! :cool:

Last edited:
Ok tape it is!!

First test of Horizon Battery mod v3,5 with split 5200 mA and got 28 minutes to 10 %. That was also first time charge..

Guys I am interested can I connect multistar LIHV 5200 mA battery to the P3P main battery modified for V3,5 mod

Guys I am interested can I connect multistar LIHV 5200 mA battery to the P3P main battery modified for V3,5 mod
Yeah you can hook in any external up to the modded battery, you don't have to hook the balance plug up for flight, only for charging. If you don't have a charger capable of LiHV, you can also use that horizon modded battery with balance plug to charge the MultiStar 5.2
Although I prefer to charge all my externals,even my split packs on it's own charger

I have accucel 6 (80W) charger (charged on LiHV settings with 2A - didnt want to charge it on 5,2A). I tried today to connect multistar directly to the xc60 connector (connector soldered to the main PCB - mod for saddle bag batteries) and got battery error with normal P3P battery (battery without modification). Second time I switched it on it was fine however I noticed that cell voltage was 4,06 instead of 4,26-4,35

Sounds like a glitch to me. It seems that running it through the main PCB would be more failsafe then through the battery, but I do it both ways.
Is there a chance you got in a hurry and plug the external in before turning the main battery on

No, I started with P3P battery and wait for warming up process and then when I got message safe to fly I connected LiHV battery - probably glitch
I dont know how is on your app but didn't get any info for battery time like 25 mins indication for some time before it kick in. it was showing (----) symbol so I decide to land it and park until I don't investigate

No it does that and until that can recognize 25 minutes, it's a good thing, the longer you see that the more flight time you're going to have

Any body seen this kit that
Let's you use 2 standard Dji batteries.

Battery Container Case Refitting Kit For DJI Phantom 3 30 Min Longer Flying Time

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Haven't heard of anybody using it yet, and with all the components it's bound to be heavy and I would be surprised if they gave you 30 minutes. There's lots of good battery mods these days, that fly like you haven't added anything extra and give you 30 minutes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic