Horizon v-3 split power mod

I am not big into props. I realise I should experiment but with a full time job, bad british weather all the time it is very difficult to plan anything. I used standard p3 props. I really don't want to sound like a arse but I just loaded it up and flew it like I stole it. Can't get past 34 minutes even if my life depended on it - so well done Unknown for flying another 3 minutes and getting 95k feet distance
Can you please tell me what kind of external batteries you are useing? The weight and mah thax...

OK I have re-read all your posts again... I think I know why I fly longer. The aux battery is not split DJI. It is a split HV cell by xxx manufacturer. Splitting DJI battery is a good idea as you save weight but you lose endurance. My suggestion

1. Main battery original DJI with power output and balancer leads
2. Aux battery HV lipoly at least 5200ma - split preferably. Don't get too high C rating as battery gets very heavy. Get the balance right by eight to C ratio. Don't buy cheap cells either. Use good quality cells that don't sag voltage

I have ordered G6 hyperions and will get them this week. Will see how they compare to HK HV green cells

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
OK I have re-read all your posts again... I think I know why I fly longer. The aux battery is not split DJI. It is a split HV cell by xxx manufacturer. Splitting DJI battery is a good idea as you save weight but you lose endurance. My suggestion

1. Main battery original DJI with power output and balancer leads
2. Aux battery HV lipoly at least 5200ma - split preferably. Don't get too high C rating as battery gets very heavy. Get the balance right by eight to C ratio. Don't buy cheap cells either. Use good quality cells that don't sag voltage

I have ordered G6 hyperions and will get them this week. Will see how they compare to HK HV green cells
That's hobbyking HV? What are your batteries weight? The G6 will not match what you already have I don't think!!I will be interested to know what kind of fly time you do get thanx for the info!

Last edited:
View attachment 48643 View attachment 48641 Sorry guys, nothing beats my mod ; -) 29 km, 39 mins, 12% left. And that it is with 1.4 fw.

18.5 mins full power flight, in windy conditions, 60% batt left.
We will see Fanti I could get 38 out of my V3 when it was new maybe 39. I'm getting the 5200 Mah add-on that should put me right around the same territory as your mod.

Fredz - I think I mentioned 26 minutes with 1600 nanotechs - I only started getting 33-34 minutes with HV cells with 5200ma capacity
Mohan: Old motors I see. What firmware?

We will see Fanti I could get 38 out of my V3 when it was new maybe 39. I'm getting the 5200 Mah add-on that should put me right around the same territory as your mod.
What firmware are you using Unknown? Old or new motors?

O.k so let me get this straight we was all sold on the horizon V3 by some of the leaders here, only to find out after purchasing & testing,none of you leaders are actually even using the V3 you're using other brand split mods and horizon is Kinda selling under false pretense then!

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
So, Unknown, I know you got your batteries from Will himself in the UK are you sure if the split is even a DJI battery?

Again, my offer still stands. I'd be willing to send my Horizon mod to anyone who is getting 30min + flights with their Horizon mod.

I am using a V3 Horizon not the 5200 Mah setup it's the same kind you guys all got and if you guys want someone to verify that that is what I'm using Chuck from DBS mods was there Saturday when I flew my P3 36 minutes 22 seconds. I'm not trying to mislead anybody.

Reactions: dirtybum
I am using a V3 Horizon not the 5200 Mah setup it's the same kind you guys all got and if you guys want someone to verify that that is what I'm using Chuck from DBS mods was there Saturday when I flew my P3 36 minutes 22 seconds. I'm not trying to mislead anybody.
I've always taken everything you've posted to be truth, Unknown, no need for you to verify thanks for the info.
On a sidenote,Unknown, I got 7.6 this morning with the standard, a little battery to spare. It'd be fun to catch a pro record with the standard![emoji41]

Last edited:
I've always taken everything you've posted to be truth, Unknown, no need for you to verify thanks for the info.
On a sidenote,Unknown, I got 7.6 this morning with the standard, a little battery to spare. It's be fun to catch a pro record with the standard![emoji41]
7.6 miles with the standard huh? How was your Video Connection on that I figure that's got to be a rough ride not having light Bridge that's pretty **** impressive.

Nobody's more surprised than I was!
Signal was great all the way out on the way back it broke up 3 times. That was my second long-distance flight on one booster battery so maybe that caused a weak signal on the way home ,who knows
This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Reactions: Ed209

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart