Hello, just bought a P3S

Bad thing about the IPad. I don't know why they never put the capability of a sd card or usb. Other than that I love the IPad. Got three of them. Mine, one for the wife, and one for the grandson when he is over.

Had a small crash today. I was buzzing around my front yard and hit some low hanging branches and it fell to the ground. Thankfully it wasn't damaged. For some reason, the RC seems to go the opposite way of how I think it should go. Left makes it go right, right goes left and forward makes it go backwards. Going to take some time to make it where it comes naturally. That's how I crashed it. I thought I was making it come toward me, and it went away from me and hit the branches.

Yep. The sooner you learn that lesson the better...LOL
Did that as well.
It takes time to learn that when it;s facing AWAY from you the controls work Left=left and so on. But............
When it is facing toward you the controls are opposite. Took me a long time out in the fields learning that.
I have spent the last 4 months learning how to fly that thing in every way possible. I now have it down to second nature pretty much. Atti mode was my favorite. I spent 2 months alone just on that. Now that I can really say I can fly this thing in just about any conditions, I am starting to work on my photographic skills. They sucked before I got this, so this should be one hell of learning experience for me.

Good luck and watch out for them trees. They are Phantom Magnets...LOL

Nice 1st video Noob. I just posted on your DJI Go account. See you more there too!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks man. I will be getting some cool deck pics for my business soon too.

I tried using the RTH feature for the first time.. I was only flying it around 20-30 feet high. When I hit it, it starting going straight up. I was like WTF???? Thought I was going to lose it. Kind of windy too. I quickly aborted it and brought back. Just realized I set the RTH to 120 feet. Haha, scared me.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I tried using the RTH feature for the first time.. I was only flying it around 20-30 feet high. When I hit it, it starting going straight up. I was like WTF???? Thought I was going to lose it. Kind of windy too. I quickly aborted it and brought back. Just realized I set the RTH to 120 feet. Haha, scared me.
Mine did the same and freaked me out. Totally normal for it. I use RTH all the time. I like that best since it will send it back and land it for you.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you accidentally move the left joy stick straight down, the engines stop and it will fall out of the sky?

Noob, that will not. Have to pull both sticks to inner bottom. I land mine all the time with just the left.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you accidentally move the left joy stick straight down, the engines stop and it will fall out of the sky?
Just to clarify,
The feature built in for shutting off the motors by pulling the left stick all the way back, does so AFTER LANDING only.
It is safe to pull the left stick all the way back to descend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squirrel!
Just to clarify,
The feature built in for shutting off the motors by pulling the left stick all the way back, does so AFTER LANDING only.
It is safe to pull the left stick all the way back to descend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Thanks. It's both joysticks straight down at the same time you want to avoid while its in the air?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor