Hello, just bought a P3S

Reaction score
Looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from you guys. I am new to drones. Had a $5.00 remote helicopter once, lol, but that is the extent of my flying. I am also not very techy. I am currently charging the batteries and will be doing the firmware update soon. I am nervous for my first flight.

Quick question... Is it ok to plug the remote control charging cord into an iPhone cube directly into the wall to charge it? Instead of into a USB cord and into a computer? Not sure if it's too much power going directly into a wall outlet with the iPhone cube.

charge mine with my Samsung 6 cord

opps welcome to the forum

into wall

Noob, welcome. Enjoy the forum. There are many different topics to help us noobs. They have helped me with stuff too. I have had my P3S for about one month and love it. As far as the charging. I charge my controller all the time with my iPhone cube. No problems with it. Welcome and we will be talking at you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Noob, welcome. Enjoy the forum. There are many different topics to help us noobs. They have helped me with stuff too. I have had my P3S for about one month and love it. As far as the charging. I charge my controller all the time with my iPhone cube. No problems with it. Welcome and we will be talking at you.

Thanks man. Looking forward to it.

you are going to have so much fun just take it easy at first and don't forget to try out rth make sure you set it high enough so don't hit anything

The controller seems to be taking a long time to charge. Will it need to be charged as frequently as the drone's battery? Or does it last a lot longer between charges?

Also, with only 25 mins per charge on the drone battery, do you guys have multiple batteries?

you are going to have so much fun just take it easy at first and don't forget to try out rth make sure you set it high enough so don't hit anything

I assume that is the return function? Don't know how that works yet and how to set it up. What do you recommend to set the height at?

The controller seems to be taking a long time to charge. Will it need to be charged as frequently as the drone's battery? Or does it last a lot longer between charges?

Also, with only 25 mins per charge on the drone battery, do you guys have multiple batteries?

yea the RC takes longer but will last many batteries....
at least 2 batteries it seems . would be minimum...

RTH = higher than highest object it may hit when returning home...
I am set at 50m , many trees and hills here

Noob, I don't let the remote get below half way since I don't want anything to happen to the drone, which is a charge about every 3rd flight for me. I only have the battery that came with it. That was the highest amount my wife was willing to let me spend on it since I only had money for the drone and no extras, so I am saving up for at least one battery. Also, for the case to put it in, I have been using the box it came in. Works great and didn't have to pay more.

Reactions: gvsukids
Do you still have the one it came in? I still have mine and it is really good if you don't want to shell out at least $60

Do you still have the one it came in? I still have mine and it is really good if you don't want to shell out at least $60

Just the white cardboard box in came in? Is that what you mean?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458859547.662265.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458859560.894630.jpg

This is my setup

yea the RC takes longer but will last many batteries....
at least 2 batteries it seems . would be minimum...

RTH = higher than highest object it may hit when returning home...
I am set at 50m , many trees and hills here

Thanks, that makes sense.

My thought too. It is a pretty sturdy box. I figured I would us it till it fell apart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31