Bought a new/used drone with problems...

• Thread starter Deleted member 130083
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 130083

Hello, All.
I bought a P3A not working because I thought wanted a challenge and I like to tinker. However, it had some very good points. The unit is essentially in new condition. The AC has never flown. The lens on gimbal still has the protective film. A new battery was bought for it in April. So, I thought I could research and find the proper fix. After many hours of research, it appears to be dozens of probabilities. The following are the wins and loses:

What the drone/controller does do:
Both RC and AC charge and hold charge as normal.
RC and AC appear to link. Some gimbal movement via RC controls.
Camera does work. It will record video to SD card via record button from RC.
C1 + C2 + shutter function works to link RC and AC

What the drone/controller does NOT do:
Cannot 'Select firmware version'
Cannot get past 'How to Connect' page on DJI Go app.
Cannot get props to spin.
RC USB is not recognized by iPhone or PC.

I am hoping someone who had experienced a like condition could point me in the right direction to other posts that might help me. Even if the RC is bricked due to improper firmware upgrade, it would be nice to know.

Thanks to everyone the reads my post.

Im going with a faulty RC unit as you said, see if anyone local has a unit you can test with, or open it up and see if any cables etc are loose inside, pay attention to the small cover on the rear of the RC

Im going with a faulty RC unit as you said, see if anyone local has a unit you can test with, or open it up and see if any cables etc are loose inside, pay attention to the small cover on the rear of the RC
Thanks for the idea. I have a GL300C type RC. I have taken off the back cover off the USB connection. The 3 ribbon cables are connected. Do these USB boards tend to go bad? Can an improper firmware DL brick the RC or cause the USB connection not to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the idea. I have a GL300C type RC. I have taken off the back cover off the USB connection. The 3 ribbon cables are connected. Do these USB boards tend to go bad? Can an improper firmware DL can brick the RC or cause the USB connection not to work?

No if anything the entire controller can go bad, I had one that just stopped charging,

I decided to give up. It is listed on ebay auction at the moment. Thanks again for the advice.
That was quick give up on a new phantom but more than capable of giving out headaches
Did you try couple of USB cords to eliminate it not recognizing, phone USB configuration,
What's the indicator lights doin,rear arms and gimble colour,
New or second hand remote cheap enough to see if that work,better than buying bits that might not change situation, That's the road I probably take and decide from there,at least if it's working it's worth more if you dont keep it

You don’t mention firmware version. I brought my P3P out of retirement recently after 5 years of storage and pretty much all of the random issues after a battery refresh were fixed by upgrading to the latest firmware. It feels and flies like it did when new.

You don’t mention firmware version. I brought my P3P out of retirement recently after 5 years of storage and pretty much all of the random issues after a battery refresh were fixed by upgrading to the latest firmware. It feels and flies like it did when new.
Thanks for the response. Yes, this is what I have been searching: How does one find out the current firmware version if one cannot get the RC to talk to a tablet or phone?

That was quick give up on a new phantom but more than capable of giving out headaches
Did you try couple of USB cords to eliminate it not recognizing, phone USB configuration,
What's the indicator lights doin,rear arms and gimble colour,
New or second hand remote cheap enough to see if that work,better than buying bits that might not change situation, That's the road I probably take and decide from there,at least if it's working it's worth more if you dont keep it
I am not connected to a group locally that flies these, so I don't have access to an RC ( the RC is the GL300C by the way).
- When the RC is on and the AC is on, the back rear arm lights flash intermittently between red and yellow.
- The far left small indicator lights on the RC flashes intermittently on and off, but the colors are different colors when it is in the on position - flashing what appears to be red and green, and sometimes yellow.
- The panel above the gimbal flashes on/off red.
Thanks, NZ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl