Phantom 3S 5' range issue

Reaction score
I bought a used PS3 that had a long 2.4ghz antenna screwed to the top of the drone with antenna more than a foot tall, the remote had a 3d printed 3 post antenna adapter where the single one previously existed. The center antenna wire had unscrewed from the 3 port adapter. The drone would fly exactly 30m away and then loss of signal would then rth, wont reconnect until restart AC and rc. I removed the 3 antenna adapter and reconnected the original antennas inside the rc, and removed the huge antenna from the AC, now it flys approx 5 foot and loss of signal. Anyway to verify if it is the remote or the drone causing the problem? Don't want to throw parts at the problem...

Sounds like you bought somebody else's problems. It will be tough to tell whether the drone or the controller is this issue until all the original wiring is correctly reinstalled. Plus, some of the newer firmware versions play hell with the range of these P3 Standards. You may want to research which firmware both the bird and the r/c are on to see if they are up to date.......or even compatible with each other. Both my P3S's are on very old firmware versions (1.5.07) and compatible firmware on each r/c. No range issues, or any of DJI's 'Geofencing' garbage. Good luck with your troubleshooting.

Tell us more about the bird and rc. What model of what. What does your display or phone tell you about strength of signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl