Hello, just bought a P3S

Can't believe how awesome this phantom takes pictures. I am getting angles that would be impossible to get otherwise. Such good quality too. Very happy so far. Looking forward to getting these uploaded on my website soon.

Reactions: Nickster
If tt says it has required the satellites and is ready to go, do I still need to calibrate?

Noob, check your User Manual. Whenever you go to a new place to launch (I suggest anything beyond 150 feet from the last place), you should do a compass calibration. Of course, if you're like me and you always launch from about the same place in your own yard, you probably need not do another calibration very often. I only re-calibrate if the RTH landing spot starts to be close, but not right by over 10 feet and there is no other factor like wind.

smp
150ft? You actually mean 150 miles! Right?
If one have to recalibrate compass every 150ft! I will have to recalibrate my iPhone every 30 second

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
Welcome to the Phantoms anonymous. Don't have a problem yet, you will. Few weeks out and I don't leave home without my wings. Second to water and clothing now ya know!?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What's the difference between a compass calibration and an IMU calibration?

Something new happened today. I was raising it up and it wouldn't hover, then all of a sudden it started flying away. It was only about 15-20 off the ground too. It was almost like another RC was taking it over. Had to land it pretty hard too because it wouldn't hover. Tried it again, and it worked perfectly. Very weird.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj