Hello, just bought a P3S

Just to clarify,
The feature built in for shutting off the motors by pulling the left stick all the way back, does so AFTER LANDING only.
It is safe to pull the left stick all the way back to descend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Yes

Gotcha. Thanks. It's both joysticks straight down at the same time you want to avoid while its in the air?
No. Both sticks bottom inside OR outside corner. Otherwise known as a CSC. BAD!!! DON'T DO WHILE FLYING!!!

Last edited:
This is what you DON'T want to do mid-flight:
startmotors.png

I like those. I haven't ever found a set that was exclusively for the Standard.
I am going to order them, unless I find them in PhantomHelp.com

Reactions: Squirrel!
That's pretty much why I bought it...To take pictures of my work and update my website. Really happy with them and impressed with the drone.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from you guys. I am new to drones. Had a $5.00 remote helicopter once, lol, but that is the extent of my flying. I am also not very techy. I am currently charging the batteries and will be doing the firmware update soon. I am nervous for my first flight.

Quick question... Is it ok to plug the remote control charging cord into an iPhone cube directly into the wall to charge it? Instead of into a USB cord and into a computer? Not sure if it's too much power going directly into a wall outlet with the iPhone cube.
In the same boat fella. Have had mine from Christmas and finally getting some proper flying time with it. Max altitude so far has been 404m before signal loss and rth kicked in. Looking forward to some warmer weather flying in the summer, if we ever get a summer in Ireland.

It always says safe and ready to fly but I never do the spinning in a circle thing. Am I supposed to be doing it anyway? Is there something I push first? Nothing ever tells to do it or when to do it.

Noob, Touch where it says "safe to fly"...a menu will pop up..look for "calibrate compass"...touch that and go from there... I do it when im in a really good spot away from everything..hope that helped

Here are some cool P3S decals. I think I need them to help with learning all the commands. Plus they look cool

http://www.amazon.com/SummitLink-Su..._cp_421_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=03GX9ZQ9J466A07M81HQ

As soon as I saw those, I purchased them. They are terrific. There are 4 sheets of stickers, and for some things, like the CSC maneuvers and the battery markers, there are more than one version of the individual stickers, so you can choose which you like the best.

They stick on very well, but they are also adjustable if you have not yet fully stuck them down. That is very nice for making small adjustments in order to get them nice and straight (my ****-ness is showing!). I recommend using a sharp X-Acto knife to assist with putting them on. The knife can lift a corner of the sticker with some delicate lifting action to assist with the adjustments.

For me, these were very much worth the price.

smp

It always says safe and ready to fly but I never do the spinning in a circle thing. Am I supposed to be doing it anyway? Is there something I push first? Nothing ever tells to do it or when to do it.

Noob, check your User Manual. Whenever you go to a new place to launch (I suggest anything beyond 150 feet from the last place), you should do a compass calibration. Of course, if you're like me and you always launch from about the same place in your own yard, you probably need not do another calibration very often. I only re-calibrate if the RTH landing spot starts to be close, but not right by over 10 feet and there is no other factor like wind.

smp

Reactions: Paddyscotsman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor