Dig you need to come up with some catchy name Dig's Destroyer

haha i like that. I really liked the one B_Squared came up with, the "Governator" name was amazing. tell ya what, you guys name it and I'll slap a decal on the back showing that. The two squares on the front are gonna have some 2.4ghz and 5.8 ghz stickers fillling the gaps.

Here's a few more pics. I'm literally waiting for a package from Pro to show up .. i'm excited!! Its not perfect, but it turned out pretty good for my first one! I'm just happy its not the grey/purple color anymore

O7m9fS4.jpg

LUkwJEN.jpg

Qj0yJ5U.jpg

vPQfODq.jpg

Reactions: JohnnyB
Hay Max I haven't been able to fly much honey do list and was over to my sons house in San Diego. Did a quick up an around flight. Had some weird things happenings flashing red LEDs. May of been where I was flying. :cool:

Reactions: Digdat0
Hay Max I haven't been able to fly much honey do list and was over to my sons house in San Diego. Did a quick up an around flight. Had some weird things happenings flashing red LEDs. May of been where I was flying. :cool:
i was down in San Diego (La Mesa) in August. I didnt have my drone .. god i wished I did! Would love to get some video at La Jolla and up at Mt Helix.

these things are ALIVE! thanks to pro97 for the parts hookup to help me finish. i've got them finally put together and hooked up. havent done a test flight yet, gonna try and get one in tonight! had to share pics, RC and video works from one side of the house to the other through doors/walls, so i think the solder worked okay :)

big thanks to all of you for the great info sharing. i never imagined I would be working on antennas .. this is fun. Cheers!

2xa4QFC.jpg

4UdTGUs.jpg

WDyjUs0.jpg

9B9vVtq.jpg

j5KomOY.jpg

TiS95eY.jpg

qxlGerz.jpg

weIuXG2.jpg

these things are ALIVE! thanks to pro97 for the parts hookup to help me finish. i've got them finally put together and hooked up. havent done a test flight yet, gonna try and get one in tonight! had to share pics, RC and video works from one side of the house to the other through doors/walls, so i think the solder worked okay :)

big thanks to all of you for the great info sharing. i never imagined I would be working on antennas .. this is fun. Cheers!

2xa4QFC.jpg

4UdTGUs.jpg

WDyjUs0.jpg

9B9vVtq.jpg

j5KomOY.jpg

TiS95eY.jpg

qxlGerz.jpg

weIuXG2.jpg
Yea I'm getting an easy 4.2 miles with my CCP's after Pro hooked me up. That is with a P2v+

Reactions: Digdat0

2xa4QFC.jpg

4UdTGUs.jpg

WDyjUs0.jpg

9B9vVtq.jpg

j5KomOY.jpg

TiS95eY.jpg

qxlGerz.jpg

weIuXG2.jpg
Nicely done

Reactions: JohnnyB and Digdat0
Yea I'm getting an easy 4.2 miles with my CCP's after Pro hooked me up. That is with a P2v+
i got a test flight in last night and a quick one this morning. Its very directional (more than my windsurfers), but I'm easily getting 2x the distance. Will try and get some open area this weekend to test.

I've been pretty happy with the rebuilt ccps, I'm calling my Phantennas. I can regularly get 35k before dropping signal, but that's been frustrating as I can get 50k with my windsurfers in same spot. I took them apart, sanded some of the edges in the plastic shell for a better fit and realized I had a partly broken solder on one of the sma connectors. as it turns out I tightened them too tight after soldering to the board and it pinched it in the middle. Took apart and resoldered and today I got the ccps out to 60k unboosted (no cam). The bad news is I flew into the side of a mountain and lost the drone. BUT, the signal was great up to there!

I've got some amps and a battery on the way, need to find a new spot out In the open and need the power!

MFFRC3El.jpg

IE5EjJXl.jpg

Wmn9KxFh.jpg

6aSwmdll.jpg

Dig did you recover the drone then?
I did not. I drove up there, took about an hour after going up old logging roads and got to the area, realized it's way too big and wooded. I got some videos to look over. It not optimistic.

Sorry to hear that.
thanks man, its all good. this is actually why i bought a second aircraft, just incase :) I'm more bummed that i lost a pretty new modded DJI battery. I'm gonna try and get out there again this weekend (work sucks this week) and see if i can hike and find it, but I'm not optimistic. Reminds me of when maxwell smart had a bird go down .. one is optimistic until they get feet on the ground and then realize how much area there is to search. Oh well .. the antennas work though! and, amps coming this week :) we arent done! hahaa!

Thats sux Dig... great run but bad ending. I really hope you find it but that area looks pretty serious. If you get a tracker check out the RF-V16. Small and $30 and hear good things about them. I ordered one, well thought it was the one but it was a knockoff... if you go that route make sure its the legit one. I have a holder for one ill send ya if you get one. Good luck man!

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

thanks man, its all good. this is actually why i bought a second aircraft, just incase :) I'm more bummed that i lost a pretty new modded DJI battery. I'm gonna try and get out there again this weekend (work sucks this week) and see if i can hike and find it, but I'm not optimistic. Reminds me of when maxwell smart had a bird go down .. one is optimistic until they get feet on the ground and then realize how much area there is to search. Oh well .. the antennas work though! and, amps coming this week :) we arent done! hahaa!
Im steel looking. Come winter when every thing dies I will be out there looking.

Im steel looking. Come winter when every thing dies I will be out there looking.
Max good to here from you. I think everyone took some time off of flying. I know I slowed down because of the heat. But I'm starting gear it back up

Max good to here from you. I think everyone took some time off of flying. I know I slowed down because of the heat. But I'm starting gear it back up
I also think, as summer happened, folks were outside and enjoying families/vacation. Once the crap weather sets back in, i bet these boards get more busy. I know im not stopping to fly, just gotta find a non-rainy day :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18