CCP arrived and i got the modem open and found these plugs. you guys know what the plug-in type is? I'd rather not solder on, but i can. thoughts?

qR9N3Wa.jpg

9h29JB4.jpg

5aaKn2M.jpg

mw832Nr.jpg

so heres dumb question - the antenna has 3 ports. i assume it would be best to use all 3? should i do 3-1 splitter? hmmm

I only used the one fir my buddy..on the other port i used the Sunhans antenna

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Dig good news!!! I do have 2 sma to u.fl cables left!!! I will send them your way!

Oh I wouldn't splice the 3 into one.

Pro - dont worry about sending the cables, i found one and installed. This is the exciting life of a married guy / Dad on a Saturday night .. modding my comcast modem with an external antenna hookup. They work amazing, getting 40mbps across the street now :)

on a phantom related note, i'm taking them apart for the project i'm about to undertake. it seems wrong to cut the wire :/ but i know i need to!

yrb6NSO.jpg

G6JNk3F.jpg

3bl0axD.jpg

yMA5j0q.jpg

FMzjUJn.jpg

Reactions: Procharged97
Pro - dont worry about sending the cables, i found one and installed. This is the exciting life of a married guy / Dad on a Saturday night .. modding my comcast modem with an external antenna hookup. They work amazing, getting 40mbps across the street now :)

on a phantom related note, i'm taking them apart for the project i'm about to undertake. it seems wrong to cut the wire :/ but i know i need to!

yrb6NSO.jpg

G6JNk3F.jpg

3bl0axD.jpg

yMA5j0q.jpg

FMzjUJn.jpg
Them CCP's are so universal 101 uses. Dig what did you do with the other 2 contacts? I would of just put any other antenna on them. but it need something or you may burns the transmitter up.
Looks clean too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Procharged97
Good work Dig!!! It may feel wrong to cut them white cables but it is oh so right!!! Watch when you open em up how bad it is in there...and the cable will most likely be pinched....I've done 8 sets now and all the cables have been pinched in the same exact spot. Oh also check for cracks...My most recent set had a crack thru the element.

Reactions: Digdat0
Wanted to give an update from the actual phantom perspective. I took apart my ccps wayyy back and started to rebuild them ("started", as in they sat there forever). I took a stab at making progress this weekend. I really didn't want two seperate CCP's (the 's on the end is just too hard for me), so i decided to make them one CCP by welding the plastic together, sanding and then painting. I made some progress today and am pretty darn happy where i ended up. The seam in the middle is hardly noticable after painting. I need a few more parts to finish up, but its coming along. Big thanks to you guys for paving the road here!!

All of the pieces seperated

MtIgPrz.jpg

cut off the inside edge of the plastic housing. i cracked the top piece a bit.
laabRuq.jpg

jh6H1lc.jpg

QbN8mj7.jpg

cut the metal back a tad as well so they fit the trimmed down plastic, also drilled the holes for the connectors.

onziu0A.jpg

welding together the plastic. looks like **** now, after flattening and sanding, not too bad.
gPi4Foq.jpg

we are getting there .. more welding and some flattening happening. looking good?

C0NYQ6W.jpg

sanded! its now perfectly flat, no pits. i also filled the rest of the holes, but didnt take pics.

QiNLKlV.jpg

starting to paint now

1fgmsVE.jpg

2r50M00.jpg

I've been thinking on cutting the nipples off of the bottoms. where the cables use to go in.
Thanks man, it's been fun. Learned so much from you all .. I'm happy to be this far! I need spacers, connectors and a mount. I cut that nipple thing off with my dremel cutting blade, nice and flush.

Reactions: Digdat0
Dig you need to come up with some catchy name Dig's Destroyer
Hi there 57 you been flying much.?? I have been working my but off. The weather has been great for flying ,but I am to tired to fly. I am to be on Vacation next week. I will up load any good shots I make.;) Hope you are flying hi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18