Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 for 3.08 SOLVED -really!

DaveMoi said:
I had the same problem until I updated the Zen IMU to V 1.0.0.6

Just check on the upgrade tab in the app to makes sure that you have this version (and even if you do, just click on the "latest version" link in blue to force the update again)

Are you saying that updating the Zen IMU is the key to make the lever work properly? That it will enable the calibration? So no need for downgrading or anything else?

Downloaded the "new" assistant software (todays build) - selected upgrade version (even though I have the pich lever) then calibrated X1.... and now the pitch lever works even when the app is running and the small movement of the lever delivers the full range of the camera tilt - good so far....

However....

If you move the pitch lever a tiny amount it starts the tilt and it doesn't stop tilting until you move the lever in the opposite direction a tiny bit to sort of stop the tilt... also the tilt arrows don't work in the app - but the lever is working - sort of...which is a plus..

I'll keep trying various things to see if I can get it any nearer to how it should behave..!!

Fourblade said:
If you move the pitch lever a tiny amount it starts the tilt and it doesn't stop tilting until you move the lever in the opposite direction a tiny bit to sort of stop the tilt... also the tilt arrows don't work in the app - but the lever is working - sort of...which is a plus..

I'll keep trying various things to see if I can get it any nearer to how it should behave..!!

That is apparently exactly how it should behave in the "Upgraded Version". You move the lever by an amount and that amount defines the constant speed of tilting in direction you have chosen. It is actually very good for video if you can achive really slow tilting speed. (can you?)

In "Basic Version" mode the lever would be used to match the tilt of the camera, moving the lever is directly related to camera tilt.

Did you try "Basic Version" now with the new build?

The pitch lever works well now after today's revision.
You can move the gimbal really slowly and smoothly - so much better.
The gimbal position is indicated but the buttons on screen do not work in upgrade mode.
Click back to basic mode in Assistant - the lever is disabled and the app tilt works as before (and is it my imagination it seems smoother?)
This new feature alone makes this an unmissable firmware upgrade IMO.

4wd said:
The gimbal position is indicated but the buttons on screen do not work in upgrade mode.
Click back to basic mode in Assistant - the lever is disabled and the app tilt works as before (and is it my imagination it seems smoother?)
So are you saying that in your experience when you move the lever in "upgrade" mode the tilt follows the lever exactly without continuing the tilt? as in my experience as soon as the lever is moved a small amount the tilt starts and doesn't stop until you counter the lever a tiny bit? I'm about to try the "basic" mode but I'd rather have the lever working in anyway rather than not so even if I have to counter the tilt with a small lever move that's better for me!

If you upgraded the zenmuse gimbal firmware to 1.0.6 (or whatever), it no longer follows the lever, but moves continuously until you put the lever back to center.

This is frustrating. It was working perfectly until I upgraded the zenmuse firmware this morning I haven't found a way to "downgrade" the zenmuse firmware to 1.0.5 (or whatever it was).

I was hoping that by simply returning to "classic" controller, you could have the gimbal follow the lever. But not according to this:
4wd said:

I'll be playing around with this later, but for now....I'm stuck with it. I updated the first post in the thread to warn against upgrading the gimbal firmware early this morning.

****.....I just updated the gimbal to 1.0.0.6 and you are correct, the lever is now "relative" control.

i.e. the lever in the middle means the gimbal stays still. Moving the lever away from centre controls the gimbal up and down at a speed relative to the lever's distance from the mid-point.

Has anyone figured out how to downgrade to gimbal 1.0.0.5 ?

On another note, DJI updated the 3.04 software at some point between yesterday and today....there is now the ability to calibrate the X1 channel from right in the Phantom software...no need for all this firmware downgrade to 1.0.8 stuff as per the opening post anymore (although you do still need to set the RC control to "upgrade version".

benkay said:
****.....I just updated the gimbal to 1.0.0.6 and you are correct, the lever is now "relative" control.

i.e. the lever in the middle means the gimbal stays still. Moving the lever away from centre controls the gimbal up and down at a speed relative to the lever's distance from the mid-point.

Has anyone figured out how to downgrade to gimbal 1.0.0.5 ?

On another note, DJI updated the 3.04 software at some point between yesterday and today....there is now the ability to calibrate the X1 channel from right in the Phantom software...no need for all this firmware downgrade to 1.0.8 stuff as per the opening post anymore (although you do still need to set the RC control to "upgrade version".

I would only guess that is in anticipation of people using the dial on the new controllers and that would make sense but for people on the lever (on back) I do not think I would like it. I am at 1.0.0.4 right now and not touching it!!!
Would be really awesome if it was user configured.

samd012 said:
I would only guess that is in anticipation of people using the dial on the new controllers and that would make sense but for people on the lever (on back) I do not think I would like it. Would be really awesome if it was user configured.

Does that mean that the dial on the new controller is sprung so it returns to centre?

benkay said:
Does that mean that the dial on the new controller is sprung so it returns to centre?

Sure looks that way.

I would guess there's probably a mechanical detent on center of the potentiometer range (or the knob used to control it) that you can feel.
Unless they're going with a joytstick-type pot.

Actually, I looks like a great progressive control in the video; very nice.

As to the rest on the new controller, it leaves me lukewarm.
I like the 4 AAA cells in my controller.
They last plenty long, and there's one less charge to worry about. I carry a spare set of AAAs.

The detent for the descent lever...Eh.

Since I now have control over gimbal tilt, I can't justify the c-note for the new one.

After some testing with the "current" software/firmware I can safely say that the pitch lever for the 7th channel works in the "upgrade" mode albeit a bit fiddly. After calibrating the X1 in the DJI assistant the small range of travel on the pitch lever translates into the full range of the camera tilt and the centre position of the lever becomes ground "Zero" position (ie it stops moving) Any movement of the lever either side of "0" (even slight) sets off a gentle tilt one way or the other. To stop in any given tilt position you have to return the pitch lever to the "0" position which can be tricky and require just the slightest touch on the lever.

The setting for "basic" could make things even better with the lever so that it just corresponds to the position of the lever without all this return to "0" nonsense, however it doesn't work when the DJI Vision app is running so there is still room for improvement from DJI ;-)

Fourblade said:
After some testing with the "current" software/firmware I can safely say that the pitch lever for the 7th channel works in the "upgrade" mode albeit a bit fiddly. After calibrating the X1 in the DJI assistant the small range of travel on the pitch lever translates into the full range of the camera tilt and the centre position of the lever becomes ground "Zero" position (ie it stops moving) Any movement of the lever either side of "0" (even slight) sets off a gentle tilt one way or the other. To stop in any given tilt position you have to return the pitch lever to the "0" position which can be tricky and require just the slightest touch on the lever.

The setting for "basic" could make things even better with the lever so that it just corresponds to the position of the lever without all this return to "0" nonsense, however it doesn't work when the DJI Vision app is running so there is still room for improvement from DJI ;-)
This is exactly how my 7th channel lever works with the Dutch Dronexpert mod . I am getting used to it.

I think I'm going to mod my controller with this:
http://www.futurlec.com/Potentiometers/ ... NTpr.shtml
to replace the lever potentiometer. At least this knob has a center detent and can likely be calibrated to work the gimbal tilt a little easier.

First I'll try dropping a cradle detent at zero on my lever so I have a positive center. I think two small plastic rings glued at the right place at the top of the lever's arc may make an easy detent.

The last thing I want is pitch to continue up or down "uncommanded". Gotta think about this.

DrJoe said:
I think I'm going to mod my controller with this:
http://www.futurlec.com/Potentiometers/ ... NTpr.shtml
to replace the lever potentiometer. At least this knob has a center detent and can likely be calibrated to work the gimbal tilt a little easier.

First I'll try dropping a cradle detent at zero on my lever so I have a positive center. I think two small plastic rings glued at the right place at the top of the lever's arc may make an easy detent.

The last thing I want is pitch to continue up or down "uncommanded". Gotta think about this.

I am thinking you may want to wait a day or so. I think the picture in the software where you choose which controller was not wrong all along. I am willing to bet that it is supposed to work two different ways depending which you choose and that the one mode was not supposed to disable it but work the way it does with the app. I have sent the info to dji (I also did last night when we were having the other issues) I really believe it will get straightened out, I think they released things before they were read.
If you think about it that is why they have the two different controllers pictured in the assistant software. Lets hope!!

I spent most of the day testing the new firmware. If you downloaded the firmware yesterday, please upgrade the Zen IMU today even if it does not show an upgrade. I tested with both the new Tx and the old Tx with a rear slider. Both work well. I did note that with the old Tx the tilt on the app is disabled, however, with the new Tx both the knob and the app work the tilt. Small difference but for some it may be important.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl