Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 for 3.08 SOLVED -really!

Re: Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 SOLVED

I have been testing this since September. The beta version worked with the P2, Vision and Vision +. I have used it with the new Tx and the old Tx with the rear lever. Worked every time for me. Now I have only downloaded the released Assistant and have not upgraded my P2V+ to the released firmware to test. That will have to be tonight. I will test with both Tx's and report back.

The title of this thread is a bit misleading. I have yet to see anywhere that the tilt issue of only moving a few degrees has been solved for a PV+. Short of removing the restriction plate I don't see any success from those with a Vision+. It looks like only those with the Vision 2 are able to make this work. Am I missing something, since this is posted in the Vision+ forum?

Bountyhunter said:
The title of this thread is a bit misleading. I have yet to see anywhere that the tilt issue of only moving a few degrees has been solved for a PV+. Short of removing the restriction plate I don't see any success from those with a Vision+. It looks like only those with the Vision 2 are able to make this work. Am I missing something, since this is posted in the Vision+ forum?

The tilt function work just fine on the P2V+, I have a potentiometer (slide) installed and all is fine. Just make sure it is calibrated.
It is very smooth in movement and not at all as the solution from Drone Expert.

I am a no go also, only about 30% movement. Completely stock PV2+ with lever on back installed. DJI software updated on computer, controller and remote. Everything is latest version. When I calibrate my controller it only calibrates the two sticks, moving the lever does not make any difference during calibration process. Box for new remote is checked
Did exactly this:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28434#p260724
Anyone else?

also when I move the lever in the rc assistant I only get a range of about 33 to 387 in the software

I have been able to get full motion using the stick on the back. The trick was install it hanging down. It seems like the pot has a larger aperture of play that we are unable to calibrate. Once I flipped the stick I have FULL motion. WOOT!

--
Jason
[email protected]

cmyk22 said:
I have been able to get full motion using the stick on the back. The trick was install it hanging down.

????

samd012 said:
cmyk22 said:
I have been able to get full motion using the stick on the back. The trick was install it hanging down.

????
I guess they mean the lever is pointing to the bottom of the tranny and not pointing towards the top??

Hope this helps....

Attachments

• IMG_6784.JPG
    IMG_6784.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 394

It did have the plate. I removed the plate to enable this concept and range of motion. Have tempted to install the dial that came with this adapter.

Mine works perfect. You have to use the phantom tool gimbal tool and phantom rar hack , I did this awhile ago and it calibrates the gimbal and works perfect. I can't remeber where I got it. But it eas on this forum. I think it was used for the pv2. But it works with the app running !!!

cmyk22 said:
I have been able to get full motion using the stick on the back. The trick was install it hanging down. It seems like the pot has a larger aperture of play that we are unable to calibrate. Once I flipped the stick I have FULL motion. WOOT!

--
Jason
[email protected]

For whatever reason, my Phantom is calibrated for full motion of the potentiometer. I dunno why. I can't figure out how to calibrate... but I have some ideas I'll be trying tonight. It does work, it does have full range, but I have to swing that lever pretty far to take advantage. I don't really care, it is MUCH smoother and finer movement, without having to use the app. But I'd like to have that restrictor plate in place.

#1- I never copied the newer camera firmware onto an SD card and installed it. I will try that... maybe it recalibratess its response?
#2- Old firmware gimbal calibration??? Maybe there is something in earlier versions that would calibrate the x1 (channel 7) axis... I'll check.

Mori55 said:
Mine works perfect. You have to use the phantom tool gimbal tool and phantom rar hack , I did this awhile ago and it calibrates the gimbal and works perfect. I can't remeber where I got it. But it eas on this forum. I think it was used for the pv2. But it works with the app running !!!

what is the Phantom Rar hack and phantom tool gimbal?

Is this what you mean? If so, I'll give it a shot

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13496&p=188268&hilit=phantom+rar+hack#p188268

I can also get about 25% movement from the camera. I cannot see anywhere now where we can calibrate X1. RC assistant 1.1 tells you that you have to go to "assistant software of the flight controller" to calibrate X1.

I can get it to work without the restriction bracket but with, no. Just not enough movement.

Loaderbull said:
I can also get about 25% movement from the camera. I cannot see anywhere now where we can calibrate X1. RC assistant 1.1 tells you that you have to go to "assistant software of the flight controller" to calibrate X1.

I can get it to work without the restriction bracket but with, no. Just not enough movement.

Worse part is camera cannot be controlled by app now after the update so I am stuck with minimal range now :eek:

cmyk22 said:
It did have the plate. I removed the plate to enable this concept and range of motion. Have tempted to install the dial that came with this adapter.

I have mine working on the P2V+ with similar movement but have installed the plate and bent the lever outwards slightly.
I thought a little too much slop without the pin held firmly outside the case?
The problem is the full gimbal movement requires about 180 degrees of turn on the lever - but the plate only allows at most 45 degrees if you install the lever correctly.
There doesn't seem anyway to calibrate it to only require smaller lever movement.

If you click back to old style controller option in the Assistant, the app tilt takes over again without removing the lever.

If you click back to old style controller option in the Assistant, the app tilt takes over again without removing the lever.

Just tried that and confirmed it does re-enable the app to work. whew!

samd012 said:
Loaderbull said:

Worse part is camera cannot be controlled by app now after the update so I am stuck with minimal range now :eek:

Like always I'll wait a few days til I find out for sure WTH is really up with the new firmware release. Kind of hard to imagine they would disable the app feature for tilting the camera!

Ok,. this looks really promising.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7973&hilit=channel+7#p64769

Download the tool Phantomtool.rar https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar
Unzip using a free rar unzip utility like free rar extract frog. http://download.cnet.com/Free-RAR-Extra ... D=10880743

Then connect the phantom. Run the tool.
Run the DJI Assitatant 2.0 software for firmware 1.08. It should let me calibrate the x1 axis by tricking the software into thinking its a P2 Vision.... we'll see when I get home tonight!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4