Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 for 3.08 SOLVED -really!

Re: Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 SOLVED

DrJoe said:
Ok,. this looks really promising.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7973&hilit=channel+7#p64769

Download the tool Phantomtool.rar https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar
Unzip using a free rar unzip utility like free rar extract frog. http://download.cnet.com/Free-RAR-Extra ... D=10880743

Then connect the phantom. Run the tool.
Run the DJI Assitatant 2.0 software for firmware 1.08. It should let me calibrate the x1 axis by tricking the software into thinking its a P2 Vision.... we'll see when I get home tonight!

I actually already tried that, when you connect the vision it does not do anything when the rar version is running. I also tried an older version of the assistant and it will not let you into any tabs it just says you must update. :(

So get this. If you launch v3.4 without the phantom connected you see the x1 channel in the setup. The second you turn on the phantom and it connects it disappears! :eek:
I think the release came a bit too early and they forgot to include the part where you calibrate the x1 channel. Going to keep working on a way around it but.... :x

Now you see it, now you dont:

Attachments

• nowyoudont.jpg
    nowyoudont.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 314
  • nowyouseeit.jpg
    nowyouseeit.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 320

I have the Vision plus and have it working fully with 90 degrees of movement and will record and takes pics from the app. The only way I could get full range of motion was to remove the restricter plate and install the lever pointing downwards as described earlier in this post. It takes a full 180 degrees of lever movement to get the camera to go from straight ahead to straight down. This requires to bend the lever up a little when working over the bumps on the back of the controller. Not the best and smoothest solution, but a fully working one at this point.

samd012 said:
So get this. If you launch v3.4 without the phantom connected you see the x1 channel in the setup. The second you turn on the phantom and it connects it disappears! :eek:
I think the release came a bit too early and they forgot to include the part where you calibrate the x1 channel. Going to keep working on a way around it but.... :x

That function is there for ZenMuse Gimbals... if it detects your Phantom doesn't have it, they don't give you the option. Seems like a lot of people got the PhantomTool.rar working with a version of the Assistant.... cant wait to give it a shot.

It doesn't work -I've just tried it, says controller mismatch

samd012 said:
I actually already tried that, when you connect the vision it does not do anything when the rar version is running. I also tried an older version of the assistant and it will not let you into any tabs it just says you must update. :(

Basically exactly that ^^

It does work with the phantom hack. Mines working fine. The lever works just like the pv2. Have to check the zuemuuse box in phantom tool.

DrJoe said:
samd012 said:

That function is there for ZenMuse Gimbals... if it detects your Phantom doesn't have it, they don't give you the option. Seems like a lot of people got the PhantomTool.rar working with a version of the Assistant.... cant wait to give it a shot.

In order to calibrate using the RAR tool you first have to update (downgrade) the phantom using 1.08 firmware, at least that is what I did..
After you run the tool connect the controller and calibrate the X1 channel.

I did not have to do that. But I had calibrated awhile ago to get ready for this.

cougar said:
DrJoe said:
samd012 said:

In order to calibrate using the RAR tool you first have to update (downgrade) the phantom using 1.08 firmware, at least that is what I did..
After you run the tool connect the controller and calibrate the X1 channel.

Awesome Cougar ! Thanks for the info. Still have another hour at work, so I will attempt in about 2 hours. I will then update my first post in this thread to include everyone's contributions in a step by step "how to".

So, I should run assistant version 2 and downgrade to 1.08
Then recycle the power on the phantom and close the assistant.
Then run the RAR Phantom Tool. Check the zenmuse box.

Then.... you power on the phantom, power on the controller, connect the phantom to the computer, and....
keep the tool running and then run assistant again and calibrate x1 in Assistant, or do you do it in the tool?
do you need to keep the tool running, or do you run it, then shut it off, then run assistant?

I GOT IT.... took 5 minutes to do Here you go:

Go to http://droneslinger.com/software.html and download version 1.8 (<<<<just updated this had 2.0 originally by accident) assistant, then install and run it. Make sure you are running the 2.0 version not the new version. Go into updates and update (err downgrade lol) you pv2+ to version 1.08. Takes a minute or so. Then go into the Basic - RC tab and calibrate the X1 channel. Then close out the software, open the new version of assistant and upgrade back to 3.08
It works perfectly now!!!!!! if anyone has an question let me know, it took less than 5 minutes total!!!!

Oh and the best part, now the X1 calibration is in v3.4 for me!!!! You can even reverse it in the new version! No need for the rar file guys!!!

Thanks Couger

Didn't work for me. I removed the latest software and installed the Assistant 2.0. After running it, when I went to the update page it said the firmware was 3.0 and no option to change. After going back to the latest software, the RC page showed the x1 & x2 calibration bars, but they would not respond. After a power cycle, they disappeared again. :(

Jetfixer said:
Didn't work for me. I removed the latest software and installed the Assistant 2.0. After running it, when I went to the update page it said the firmware was 3.0 and no option to change. After going back to the latest software, the RC page showed the x1 & x2 calibration bars, but they would not respond. After a power cycle, they disappeared again. :(

Take a closer look when running 2.0. It will say you are on 3.08 but it will also say update to 1.08 in the upgrade screen. Thats what you want to do.
Also I never took 3.4 off of my computer, I just made sure I was running 2.0 when I went to downgrade and 3.4 when I went to upgrade back
good luck

samd012 said:

Go to http://droneslinger.com/software.html and download version 2.0 assistant, then install and run it. Make sure you are running the 2.0 version not the new version. Go into updates and update (err downgrade lol) you pv2+ to version 1.08. Takes a minute or so. Then go into the Basic - RC tab and calibrate the X1 channel. Then close out the software, open the new version of assistant and upgrade back to 3.08
It works perfectly now!!!!!! if anyone has an question let me know, it took less than 5 minutes total!!!!

Oh and the best part, now the X1 calibration is in v3.4 for me!!!! You can even reverse it in the new version! No need for the rar file guys!!!

Thanks Couger

I tried this solution and once I hooked up the bird to the computer and the 2.0 Assistant it just goes to the Upgrade tab and says I need to upgrade my Main Controller version. The listed version is 3.08 and says there are no upgrades. :?: I am just stuck on this upgrade page

Bountyhunter said:
samd012 said:

Go to http://droneslinger.com/software.html and download version 2.0 assistant, then install and run it. Make sure you are running the 2.0 version not the new version. Go into updates and update (err downgrade lol) you pv2+ to version 1.08. Takes a minute or so. Then go into the Basic - RC tab and calibrate the X1 channel. Then close out the software, open the new version of assistant and upgrade back to 3.08

Thanks Couger

I tried this solution and once I hooked up the bird to the computer and the 2.0 Assistant it just goes to the Upgrade tab and says I need to upgrade my Main Controller version. The listed version is 3.08 and says there are no upgrades. :?: I am just stuck on this upgrade page

My bad, download version 1.08 from droneslinger (not 2.0), then you will be able to downgrade sorry for confusion i will fix the original post now!!!

OK, I have version 1.8 open and running and updated the main controller to 1.08 and when I go to Basic and RC, there is no X1 showing up. Only X2 and U are there.

Bountyhunter said:
OK, I have version 1.8 open and running and updated the main controller to 1.08 and when I go to Basic and RC, there is no X1 showing up. Only X2 and U are there.

Hmmm, mine showed right up. It actually is still showing up in 3.4 now too (on 3.08) You are still in 1.08 when trying to calibrate? Is your transmitter on? Maybe you may want to try loading the rar then. It only takes a sec, when I ran it it wouldn't do anything. let me know how you make out

I had it switched to the new remote in 3.4 so I went back to it and put it on the old basic remote and tried again. Still doesn't show up. I had never heard of this rar until this thread so I am a little unsure of what it is and how to do it. Yes, remote and wifi extender are both on as well. I can still get full travel with the lever on pointing down, but it requires the lever to be bent up over the bumps on the back of the remote and it must travel from straight sideways, 180 degrees to straight sideways the other way.

This might be a stupid question but do you have to move the wifi extender to the new remote? If so, how do you do that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20