Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 for 3.08 SOLVED -really!

Re: Tilt Control IS Enabled Ch. 7 SOLVED

Can I ask why your getting the new remote ? If just for channel seven , it works , just have a couple things you do to get it going.
And yes you need to move your wifi to the new one.

Bountyhunter said:
I had it switched to the new remote in 3.4 so I went back to it and put it on the old basic remote and tried again. Still doesn't show up. I had never heard of this rar until this thread so I am a little unsure of what it is and how to do it. Yes, remote and wifi extender are both on as well. I can still get full travel with the lever on pointing down, but it requires the lever to be bent up over the bumps on the back of the remote and it must travel from straight sideways, 180 degrees to straight sideways the other way.

At one point I tried to load the rar file. All it did was launch to a screen that had 2 boxes one for vision and one for something like h32d. I could not do anything with the app from there. There was a tools button that did nothing for me. All rar is is a way to compress files like a zip file. It works the same way. You download it, unzip it to a folder and then run it. Although it did not seem to do anything for me maybe it did change something. It looks like an actual dji app used for something. I guess it is possible when I checked one of the boxes it set something for me, not sure. It really didn't seem like it did anything. If you try it let me know, I am curious now.

Close Asst.1.8 Open RAR tool. In RAR tool,choose H3-2D. Close RAR tool. Open asst. 1.8 and X1 will show up. Calibrate X1 in 1.8 then upgrade back to 3.4 (3.2)

CapnBob said:
Close Asst.1.8 Open RAR tool. In RAR tool,choose H3-2D. Close RAR tool. Open asst. 1.8 and X1 will show up. Calibrate X1 in 1.8 then upgrade back to 3.4 (3.2)

It works!!!

Thx!! :D

Thanks so much, everyone. I updated the thread name and my first post to summarize all the steps in their proper sequence. Should be a breeze for anyone trying now.

Strange thing now, though. Shut everything down, restart, and X1 is gone again in 3.4/3.2
Tilt still works, no calibration, though.

H2-3D is not "sticking" in assistant?

I don't think the PhantomTool sticks...
Once I ran 3.2 to upgrade batteries... it was gone. I also had to change from Upgraded transmitter to Basic, then back to get tilt working in the Vision App on iPhone.
Don't use 3.2 after you have used 3.4 and maybe it will stick. You could alway re-run the Phantom2-too rar file again to get it back I think.

But the good news is once the x1 channel is calibrated, it stays calibrated. This fix is DONE!

I wonder, if one used a pot the same size/ohms as the one in the new controller, would you get full range movement without all this downgrade and recalibrate business?

It's not the hardware , it's the software. The hardware has been in place since the beginning. I did the RAR tool thing long ago and tilt worked until you shut down. At least it works now; you just can't recalibrate X1 unless you go through the whole dance again. I'm sure we'll eventually find the tweak.

I'll bet there are some guys in the Netherlands crying in their beers right now, though. ;-)

Also, when all is said and done, don't forget to upgrade your ZEN IMU to 1.0.0.6.

Attachments

• FW UPGRADE.jpg
    FW UPGRADE.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 413
I downloaded the upgrade today, let it update all the stuff on my Phantom Vision plus, and am able to calibrate the X1 channel with no problems whatsoever.
I didn't use any others software or hacks.

The only problem I have is that it only upgraded the first battery?

Here are some pictures

https://flic.kr/ps/2XjHkp

DaveMoi said:
I downloaded the upgrade today, let it update all the stuff on my Phantom Vision plus, and am able to calibrate the X1 channel with no problems whatsoever.
I didn't use any others software or hacks.

The only problem I have is that it only upgraded the first battery?

Here are some pictures

https://flic.kr/ps/2XjHkp
Do you use the lever on the back of the TX?

I have the traditional "classic" lever on the back and it works in both modes.
In reference to the options in the phantom assistance 3.08, upgrade version behaves differently to the basic.
The upgrade is based on the rate of travel, similar to how the app opperates with phone gyro.
The basic mode movement is based on the location of the lever. If you max one way or the other, the camera will look up or look down. If you move into mid position, it will look in the 45 degree angle.

I like the upgrade mode as it gives you a nice rate of controlled travel. In theory, i can tilt up slowly as i fly, by leaving it in the desired rate of tilt.

The basic would be very difficult as the rate of tilt relies on your dexterity.

However, its 1230am and yet to be tested.

Happy firmware upgrade everyone and about time DJI to rightfully return what was stolen...

Wrong thread for this... but you DJI is only letting Assistant 3.2 upgrade the batteries. Many others had this issue. If you use 3.2 to upgrade the batteries, you must go back to 3.4 and click basic controller, then upgrade controller again or the vision app will not let it work.

That is strange.
I still can't calibrate X1 without doing the downgrade dance; it doesn't even show up in Assistant 3.4.
Tilt still works, though..

Yes, but you still have to select the upgraded version of the tx in order to be able to use the lever within the app.

CapnBob said:
That is strange.
I still can't calibrate X1 without doing the downgrade dance; it doesn't even show up in Assistant 3.4.
Tilt still works, though..

I had the same problem until I updated the Zen IMU to V 1.0.0.6

Just check on the upgrade tab in the app to makes sure that you have this version (and even if you do, just click on the "latest version" link in blue to force the update again)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1