Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Hope it all works out good. I was lucky, mine just worked "out of the box."
I may get to use it again this year, if winter ever ends.
That one day of 60's now has to be paid for. Low 30's for a week coming.

Reactions: dirkclod
I can't find the area talking about balancing this and calibrated what ? the bird??
Have you balanced the RotorPixel by adjusting the position of the RP base? If the gimbal is twitching, then there are wires touching something or the RP is not balanced properly. I went through this when I first got my RP about a year ago. Here is a link as to how to balance the RP,,,,,especially useful if you add the filter adapter and a filter to the RP.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks and I saw that and did it but don't help my issue for some reason .
I did the balance thing and also the calibration to it . I have it working perfect as
long as I leave the filter kit off . I only had that on there to have a UV lens over the camera lens to protect it . I have messed with the settings till I have just gave up for now on getting it right with the kit on it :mad:
It works great and is balanced good as long as I leave that off and I want to enjoy it awhile before I keep on messing with this thing ;)
Thank You very much to those that have tried to assist me with this and most likely would have worked fine if I hadn't had the weight on the camera and had just asked before I jumped right in but I was just too **** inpatient :eek: and had to put it on :)
Now to try it out some !! Thanks again and sure ...I'll be back in this tread :D

I did the balance thing and also the calibration to it . I have it working perfect as
long as I leave the filter kit off . I only had that on there to have a UV lens over the camera lens to protect it . I have messed with the settings till I have just gave up for now on getting it right with the kit on it :mad:
It works great and is balanced good as long as I leave that off and I want to enjoy it awhile before I keep on messing with this thing ;)
Thank You very much to those that have tried to assist me with this and most likely would have worked fine if I hadn't had the weight on the camera and had just asked before I jumped right in but I was just too **** inpatient :eek: and had to put it on :)
Now to try it out some !! Thanks again and sure ...I'll be back in this tread :D
Sweeeeeet :D
New.jpg

And to think the RPG started out like this !!
Rotorpixel Vision Gimbal V2.jpg

:rolleyes::eek::)

I also have the lens adapter and filter. I hope I do not have to remove it to work. I would rather return the gimball.

Last edited:
Well some have no problem with setting it up with it but I did . I will get it figured out a little
on and all will be well :) All I have ever used it for as I said was to just have the extra glass on but see now that it don't hurt so shed some weight as adding this did add a bunch ;)
Well worth it though !

If I had really looked at the video's and done more reading on setting this up as I preach to everyone else to do I would have had no issue's ........so maybe I'll start practicing what I preach o_O

Reactions: Skipholiday
HELP RPG !! What to do ?
Ya can see what happened in GD so not gonna repeat it here but what should I do ?
Need advise from Keri on this !! Send it back to ya and see just what it will cost to fix ?
rpg1.jpg
rpg2.jpg
rpg3.jpg

That's not wire ya see in motor but trash and the black cover goes right back over but ya can pull it back off . Thing worked great and I loved it for about 5 trips :(

Would like to say "Hi all from a newbie"
It's taken me a couple of days to read through this post but found it very interesting & learnt so much. I have just placed my order with RP ,fingers crossed I should have it within the next couple of weeks.

So hopefully it should be a easy install & setup thanks to this post, I'll let you know how I get on.

Again many thanks for the 256 posts of interesting reading.

Thanks guys

Someone in the same area as me :)

Hi cyclone, I noticed your from good old Essex, I'am just outside of Chelmsford, not far from Maldon.

Burnham-on-Crouch here...

I was born in Harlow so I know it very well, I still have a lot of family & friends there so I'am in Harlow a lot.

Sooooo if I have problems with my new RP I know where to go!!!!

Last edited:
HELP RPG !! What to do ?
Ya can see what happened in GD so not gonna repeat it here but what should I do ?
Need advise from Keri on this !! Send it back to ya and see just what it will cost to fix ?
View attachment 16707 View attachment 16708 View attachment 16709
That's not wire ya see in motor but trash and the black cover goes right back over but ya can pull it back off . Thing worked great and I loved it for about 5 trips :(
how did this happen? I havn't had time to fly mine much. First couple of flights after installing the RP gimbal were not very good. The gimbals slow to start and the behavior is not consistent.

Well still no word from Keri and just checked and he hasn't been in here since Oct ?
Now I hate I have been recommending this to folks if they don't even answer E Mails !!
Has been less than a month since I paid for it so maybe I will just call CC co and see if I can get their atten ! A little response from them would reassure me with them !!

I ordered my RP about 3 weeks ago still not received it as yet. I've also emailed Keri for an update & the tracking number but like Dirkclod I've had no reply. I was told by email from Keri that it should take about a week to get to the UK (this was when I placed the order)
I've emailed RP 3 times now.....
Now I'm getting worried:(

I ordered my RP about 3 weeks ago still not received it as yet. I've also emailed Keri for an update & the tracking number but like Dirkclod I've had no reply. I was told by email from Keri that it should take about a week to get to the UK (this was when I placed the order)
I've emailed RP 3 times now.....
Now I'm getting worried:(
What is the tracking telling you ?

What is the tracking telling you ?
That's the point I've not been given a tracking number hence why I emailed Keri asking for it. My bank has confirmed that payment was made 3 weeks ago now I can't get hold of anyone at RP. Don't know what to do next...:(:( Helllllllp..

He had confirmed it was in stock & being shipped.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT