Mia / RIP

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Well today this church had ask me to take a video of over 1000 kids on an Easter Egg run . They had the Eggs out there and when the Fire truck let lose with the siren they were off like in a dash for all the great prizes they where to give away !! Cool
Check out the spot and knew where I would be for good shot and was really nice out but just a little breezy .
church.jpg

Went up and took a few shots and took em of card before the real crowds got there !
hunt.JPG
Well I was right in frount of the Church sign setting in a gravel road turn in and was waiting on the guy to call me when he was gonna turn em lose and he did .
I went up 240' had 11 Sat's and was just hovering with the vedio on and talking with a guy about 20' from me when Mia just went silent !!!:eek:
Well I knew what that meant and looked up as it was right above my head and she was coming down so fast I didn't have time to react !! Landed or hit not 10' between that guy and me in the gravel about 2' from road!!
mia.jpg

Well shes dead and nothing to do but start over again :(But ya can bet your sweet butt I will :)
Tore up the New RPG, mashed antennsa'a and pretty much just totaled it !!
Got home and saw the card was gone so went back and found it !! Must have backed over it as it no good :(
mia1.jpg

If ya ever think that one of these things wont hurt ya when they come down from 250' ya nuts !!
It hit right in front of me and I know it would have put 1 hell of a knot on my head if it had hit me !!

Plenty of power in it and had no warning what so ever !
That just sucks o_O
At least when I do get another I do know just what to do to it without all the testing I have done to get this one the way I wanted ..... Now I think I will just go and have a few moments to myself , reflect on this and
Dad gone cables.jpg

Last edited:
Ah crap Dirk, so sorry man. Love your attitude, chin up and yep you're dead right it could have been worse, well your head could have been worse off. I'm sure you'll be able to salvage some parts, but hey the p3 is just around the corner. I know what it feels like it's happened to me twice. Hope you're back in the air soon mate!

So sorry, Dirk!
image.jpg

You and that bird been through a lot. :confused::(

Reactions: dirkclod
Not a clue, it just went from a hover and was like ya pulled the battery out !
Yes the contacts were clean and all the other stuff checked out .
Battery still has 3 lights so I just don't know .
When I looked at the other guy ya could hear it good then it just went silent .

Dadburnit man, this is freaking ridiculous. I think DJI sent a lemon to the wrong person.

Gonna send you a parachute for that bird. Do you want to borrow a little Hubsan so you don't go through withdrawals?

cry.jpg
cry.jpg
Cry1.jpg
it's all good.gif

At least I still got this photo of her and there will be another even more bad *** ;)
New.jpg

Right on, go man go.

Now, where's that "Thumbs-Up" dude?

Not again!! ****, sorry Dirk. You've spent so much on her lately as well :(

OK ... I have been taking apart or really just removing items and decided to put the battery in that it had when it decided to come down . Well I started it up and it made the V3 tones and all but 1 set of light came on . Well in assistant I got this with that battery and tried the other's and got the same thing .
IMG_0841.JPG

Then I looked at tools and got this ? Looked normal .
IMG_0842.JPG

Strange :confused:

So you got a "Not DJI Intelligent Battery"?

Well, I have to agree. Stupid battery let Mia hit the dirt, hard.

So you got a "Not DJI Intelligent Battery"?

Well, I have to agree. Stupid battery let Mia hit the dirt, hard.
No they all real DJI it just shows that know .Strange :confused:
Not really cause it hit hard !!

Hey Dirk,
Do you have any data from the DJI SDK app?

I had Eric at UAVDirect build this conversion over to the V3 awhile back and have just sent him pictures and gonna see what he thinks before I crack it open and also put the RPG pictures in that section to see what can be done ! Most likely nothing but will see :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31