Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Im certain it only happens if you have the new transmitter (the one with the gimbal wheel). When powering up, the camera will point towards the ground. If you push the wheel up and wait a few seconds you will interupt it and the camera will hardly move.

I'm not sure what you folks call a 2x4 on that side of the pond, but you could just put a couple of something under the legs to keep the gimbal from smacking the earth. Use your imagination.
I do and it makes me laugh everyday. :p

Clampit, If its in the UK you may get it today/tomorrow. It took about 12 days for mine to arrive. I know Royal mail can be slow but not that slow. Just wait for your delivery card and go get it :)[/QUOTE]

Well the tracking info said "GBLALA" so me thinks it's in the UK.

So am gonna need longer legs for mine with the new gimbal correct? or will I be able to fly it the way it is tell I order some?

I'm in the same boat as you, I've got a stock TX so I think I'll wait & see how much room there is from ground to the camera. I've also got the filter kit attached so I think I may have problems, don't care... I'm getting my gimbal!!!!! :):cool::)

Mine said GBLALA as well. Give it 12 days or so from when it was sent.

Mine said GBLALA as well. Give it 12 days or so from when it was sent.

There's no rush.... It did state delivery date 29/04/15, next Wednesday, yeah right there's no rush roll on next week, it's like counting the days down to Christmas, big kid I am..

Reactions: Cyclone
View attachment 17701 Look what came today it's like Christmas in April

That's great news, glad you've recived it, bet it was like Christmas morning for you, we are all big kids at heart:), the guy in the red suit with big white beard has now got to navigate his way over to me now, he can't be in two places at once.. Think I'll track him via Google:D

Let us know when & how you get on with the install.

Reactions: dirkclod
image.jpg
image.jpg
A BIG THANK YOU KERI!!!! for refurbishing my gimbal. Works just like new!! Thank you again!! So friggin Smooooooothe
Continued support!!

Reactions: dirkclod
HELP!!! (please)

I got a new RotorPixel gimbal back in January, installed gimbal, rocked it by hand, gimbal worked great. Took it out for first actual flight, had it in the air for less than 10 seconds and it crashed into a small bush upon take off due to a very strong wind. It was only at 5 feet off the ground. After that, gimbal would not work. Nothing came unplugged, no visible damage to gimbal or control board, or wires, or Phantom. Phantom took off again and flew fine after that, no problem. Gimbal just laying there doing nothing.

Then back and forth with Keri at RotorPixel for help diagnosing this problem, he wanted me to run some software diagnostics on a pc (I only have Mac), so easiest solution seemed to be order a new controller board (his suggestion).

I received the replacement control board about two weeks ago.

I just now installed it today, powered up the Phantom, and the gimbal just lays there like a dead fish. It's as if the motors are not even getting power.

I am well over $500 into this gimbal thing and so far no joy. VERY frustrating!

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

Mark

Are there red or green lights flashing at the back of the control board? Do you have an updated transmitter(rc)?

Are there red or green lights flashing at the back of the control board? Do you have an updated transmitter(rc)?
Red solid light inside board, and a green flashing light.

When you say "updated" transmitter, do you mean some kind of new transmitter other than the one that came with the P2V, or are you talking about a firmware update?

Either way, when powering up the P2V the gimbal acts dead regardless of transmitter. Gimbal should work without TX even on.

Should be solid red and solid green and you are getting power to the board it seems. Did you replace the IMU? (The little board on top of the camera). Check the cable attachment to the IMU(green,red,black,blue braided cable). If the IMU is not working the motors don't know where to go.

Should be solid red and solid green and you are getting power to the board it seems. Did you replace the IMU? (The little board on top of the camera). Check the cable attachment to the IMU(green,red,black,blue braided cable). If the IMU is not working the motors don't know where to go.
Have solid red and flashing green.

Yes, replaced IMU as well, with a new cable. Have tried both ports forthat one. Have triple checked all cables a thousand times. Checked videos on web and all cables are connected to correct ports.

This is very frustrating.

Well got new Rotorpixel gimbal installed havent had a chance to fly it tonight but powered it up seems to work excellent my question now is The firmware on my phantom is 3.08 was thinking of doing the update but heard horror stories with the new update 3.12 and the gimbal, what do you guys think should I just stay with 3.08 or do the update just dont want to have a wack of troubles after if I update as it works real well now...what do you guys think

I don't have a good feeling about the updates for you P2 guys.

My vote = NOPE

I really like my FC40 which isn't controlled by DJI.

Have solid red and flashing green.

Yes, replaced IMU as well, with a new cable. Have tried both ports forthat one. Have triple checked all cables a thousand times. Checked videos on web and all cables are connected to correct ports.

This is very frustrating.
Can you borrow a PC from anyone to run diag. software and reload RPG profile. The process is here on the forum... I posted it.

Well got new Rotorpixel gimbal installed havent had a chance to fly it tonight but powered it up seems to work excellent my question now is The firmware on my phantom is 3.08 was thinking of doing the update but heard horror stories with the new update 3.12 and the gimbal, what do you guys think should I just stay with 3.08 or do the update just dont want to have a wack of troubles after if I update as it works real well now...what do you guys think
Have been running it since it came out and I have not had any issue's with it but have read were some have . Don't know if it's the update or what but that's up to you if ya wanta do it Squid . I did play with both and really didn't see just what it changed but I don't live in a no fly zone ;)

I would test fly the heck out of it and if you are satisfied with the performance stick with it. There are issues with 3.12. I have not flown since update but when I do I will post results

I would test fly the heck out of it and if you are satisfied with the performance stick with it. There are issues with 3.12. I have not flown since update but when I do I will post results
Not arguing with ya but have you flew with it ? I mean I have read where some have issue with it but I have not .
I know all birds do react differently but just wondering what you saw different ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3