P4 vs. P3 Comparison Thread (Title Changed)

Pretty simple for me. There is not enough to justify buying it if you already have a P3P or P3A. Camera sensor is the same. That is the reason I got the pro I wanted the best available footage .. I Needed there to be a big jump in video quality to justify plunking down another 1400..

Pretty simple for me. There is not enough to justify buying it if you already have a P3P or P3A. Camera sensor is the same. That is the reason I got the pro I wanted the best available footage .. I Needed there to be a big jump in video quality to justify plunking down another 1400..

It is about needs and wants.

Most that are getting the P4 are the wants while the "pros" are in the needs.

Reactions: twari
I think the Phantom 4 is awesome and everyone who has a P3P pro should offer theirs to me for a great deal! I had a new P3P being delivered tomorrow. I told them to cancel the order as I thought I could do better used if I am getting a 3.

I think the Phantom 4 is awesome and everyone who has a P3P pro should offer theirs to me for a great deal! I had a new P3P being delivered tomorrow. I told them to cancel the order as I thought I could do better used if I am getting a 3.
I am all for the 4 but if I wanted a P3P, I could find a new one from a store for $836 which was the cost of some company that is changing its inventory to no drones and other hobby things.

Apparently right now, American companies aren't happy with the roll out of the P4 when the P3 was just catching traction.

Personally I think they know what they are doing and are just butt hurt because they are stuck for over doing how much they thought people would buy Christmas drones.

Drones are not a Christmas gift mostly. Women don't know about them and women don't like spending a decent amount of money on things for men that they are not sure about.

I see the P4 doing great things and us one day laughing at this thread.

I am in the same boat. Though I would be getting the P4 but a P3P suits my needs better.

I am all for the 4 but if I wanted a P3P, I could find a new one from a store for $836 which was the cost of some company that is changing its inventory to no drones and other hobby things.

Apparently right now, American companies aren't happy with the roll out of the P4 when the P3 was just catching traction...

DJI resellers are the ones more pissed because of the exclusive deal with Apple.

Personally I think they know what they are doing and are just butt hurt because they are stuck for over doing how much they thought people would buy Christmas drones.

Drones are not a Christmas gift mostly...

nope they know what and who they are marketing for.

...Women don't know about them and women don't like spending a decent amount of money on things for men that they are not sure about.

I see the P4 doing great things and us one day laughing at this thread.

Well you might want to rethink that...
12633751_484309885105938_5469821625882943259_o.jpg

The specs for the Phantom 3 Pro quote a 23 minute battery life; the P4's is 28 minutes, which is almost 20% better. That being said, my longest flight to date was 18m46s starting with a 95% battery and ending at 11% (I know, bad idea). So I wouldn't expect the P4's battery to improve on max times by more than a minute or two. You're still going to want to land by 20-30% most of the time.

Easy... Follow this decision map:

- Do you already own a P3? YES

- Do you have $1400 plus another $300 for accessories? YES

- Do you have a need to fly fast, say in a big clear field or over water? YES

- Do you have bad eyesight and a super tiny cell phone display for FPV and constantly run into objects at low speed? YES

- Did you like the scenes in the Matrix movie that were in slow motion? And do you have a desire to see what your Phantom sees in slow motion when falling out of the sky filming at 120 FPS? YES

- Do you have difficulty with screwing in a light bulb? Does the light bulb sometimes fall out of the ceiling for no reason? So props that connect differently would be a bonus? YES

If you answered YES to all of the above, then the Phantom 4 is the upgrade for you! :)

I decided to sell all my P3P stuff that's basically NEW! Everything. Case etc. I bought mine in January.... And my Advanced in November. I would rather have the best I can get. Am I losing some $$ YES.... But if you're in the sport to save money you better start collecting stamps.

To me having the newest is where I wish I would have started. I will build off the P4 and leave the P3 in the past! Then at least for a year I'll be in real time.

Also I don't think there will be more variations of the P4... What else could they add to it? Removable camera?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tony Cowan

I wouldn't call p3 or p4 owners "pros". If they were "pros" they would be looking into the Inspire 1 Pro RAW at the very least. Phantom quads are simply consumer, basic level quads.

Don't know.. I wanted one. But it isn't a significant upgrade so I won't get it. If you don't have a bird this is the best on the market.. Get it!! I have a P3p not sure I would notice the difference.. Will wait for the pro

DJI resellers are the ones more pissed because of the exclusive deal with Apple.

nope they know what and who they are marketing for.

Well you might want to rethink that...
12633751_484309885105938_5469821625882943259_o.jpg

Seriously? You spent the time to write all of this (break it up) to come up with weird comments that I don't even know what respond to.

I don't know what is going on in this place, but I have done nothing to anyone and I have not even fought back but you keep piling it on because you saw someone else do it.

In this post that you quoted from me, it is a completely benign post about nothing serious and yet you think you should comment on every sentence of it? Get a life.

Very interesting reading guys thank you.

My opinion, for what its worth. Dont want slow mo. I just dont need it.

Faster? hmmm that just means I can loose it faster :) I think the p3p has quite a good speed as it is.

Love the idea of the active tracking software. But I would put money on it not working right and having lots of bugs.

Extra flying time? The battery looks twice as big therefore twice as heavy. What would you gain? 5 mins? Not worth it. Better flight planning before take off could give you that on most occasions.

Too expensive at the moment especially as I have just bought the current p3p not too long ago.

So I am going to wait. Bugs have to be ironed out. Owners of the P4 will have to start shouting their praise of the new machine. Prices will have to drop.

Nope as much as I was tempted when I saw the release after reading your comments and thinking about it I am going to wait and see.. :)

I just sold my p3p and still have the advanced, which I actually like better. The p4 looks cool (or so I was brainwashed to believe), but doesn't justify the price tag for the new features I probably won't use. I'll wait for the prices to come down or for a used one which will start being available around may I assume.

I just sold my p3p and still have the advanced, which I actually like better. The p4 looks cool (or so I was brainwashed to believe), but doesn't justify the price tag for the new features I probably won't use. I'll wait for the prices to come down or for a used one which will start being available around may I assume.
Is there a reason you like the advance over the pro? I just got a pro from fellow member. I think the real issue is watching 4K video. If I can see it.

The only reason I can think of someone liking the "advanced" better is due to a problem they might be experiencing with "their" pro. I don't believe you'll find anyone kicking themselves for purchasing the pro over that advanced for any reason other than the additional money spent. They fly the same, and aside from the 4K, the other differences not worth mentioning don't affect it's flying ability.

Reactions: m0j0 and Tony Cowan
I am going to wait and let them get out all the bugs first And just want to see what if the inspire is going to have the upgrade first

Seriously? You spent the time to write all of this (break it up) to come up with weird comments that I don't even know what respond to.

I don't know what is going on in this place, but I have done nothing to anyone and I have not even fought back but you keep piling it on because you saw someone else do it.

In this post that you quoted from me, it is a completely benign post about nothing serious and yet you think you should comment on every sentence of it? Get a life.

Not attacking you at all. Just adjusting your comment but take your time. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94