Official P3 Range Leaderboard

I got out to 30,639 ft this morning but did not make it all the way back. After hitting home button had signal loss and the word Disconnected showed in the app and never reconnected (bit of a worry) but I knew the bird would still head home. After 15 mins waiting nothing..obviouslyView attachment 68494 View attachment 68495 landed somewhere. I found the bird 800m short alongside a side road in some short grass..very glad to locate the phantom!
wow, very nice that you found it! that could have been big trouble, but is kinda the risk i think we take! did the battery still have juice?

I wish DJI would change the programing to return home a full speed or at least give you the option...I wonder what the reason is not to have that...

If you disable smart rth in options it will come back full speed.

Thanks Dig! I didn't know that... Honestly I thought I had it disabled. I'll have to check that out. I lose reception at distance all the time because of the mountains around me. Actually, I always fly until I lose it and then I wait for the signal to to come back as its returning home and take control back to speed it up...The signal usually comes back pretty quickly after it clears the mt that made me lose it...I'm looking for a spot on top of a mt to start my flights but its not easy to find one that's clear of trees and easily accessible...

Thanks Dig! I didn't know that... Honestly I thought I had it disabled. I'll have to check that out. I lose reception at distance all the time because of the mountains around me. Actually, I always fly until I lose it and then I wait for the signal to to come back as its returning home and take control back to speed it up...The signal usually comes back pretty quickly after it clears the mt that made me lose it...I'm looking for a spot on top of a mt to start my flights but its not easy to find one that's clear of trees and easily accessible...
But you also lose the warning telling ya when you've gone past the point of no return for battery life, but I always ignored that anyways ;)

But you also lose the warning telling ya when you've gone past the point of no return for battery life, but I always ignored that anyways ;)
Yeah I ignored it too but I haven't seen that message since adding the extra battery(s)..Last time I made it to 33000' with around 81% left in the tank...

Last edited:
If you disable smart rth in options it will come back full speed.

Good to know that because I alwyas done my come back with the RTH and never back more than 35km/h (22mph) ? So smart RTH is a default setting even with P3 with no collision avoidance system ? I'll check that next time

I got out to 30,639 ft this morning but did not make it all the way back. After hitting home button had signal loss and the word Disconnected showed in the app and never reconnected (bit of a worry) but I knew the bird would still head home. After 15 mins waiting nothing..obviouslyView attachment 68494 View attachment 68495 landed somewhere. I found the bird 800m short alongside a side road in some short grass..very glad to locate the phantom!

Glad you don't launch it over the ocean !
It's weird it never reconnnected ?? What do you use ? Stock,windsurfer, ....?
And I wonder if your battery mod is really efficient ? With a lonely MS 4.000'mah I can do more than 22km 74000 ft (total distance) and 32 mn and landed at 9%
What's is your battery mod exactly ?

Yeah I ignored it too but I haven't seen that message since adding the extra battery(s)..Last time I made it to 33000' with around 81% left in the tank...
81% at 33k should get you out to 60k. What batteries are ya using? That's decent time!

Glad you don't launch it over the ocean !
It's weird it never reconnnected ?? What do you use ? Stock,windsurfer, ....?
And I wonder if your battery mod is really efficient ? With a lonely MS 4.000'mah I can do more than 22km 74000 ft (total distance) and 32 mn and landed at 9%
What's is your battery mod exactly ?
I would be interested in how he did the battery mod also. Atlantic did you just solder on leads to the main board contacts?

Good to know that because I alwyas done my come back with the RTH and never back more than 35km/h (22mph) ? So smart RTH is a default setting even with P3 with no collision avoidance system ? I'll check that next time

okay guys - i have to amend that statement. It allows the pilot to increase speed above 22mph, it does NOT do it automatically. So if you are in RTH and this is disabled, you can push the righ stick forward and go up to 36mph (top speed in gps mode). What I'm not sure is what happens if you lose signal with forward 100% and RTH kicks in .. I think it stays at the top speed (36mph), not 22mph. I need to test and look at a log. Didn't want you guys trying distance and come up short cause i gave partial info :)

Last edited:
okay guys - i have to amend that statement. It allows the pilot to increase speed above 22mph, it does NOT do it automatically. So if you are in RTH and this is disabled, you can push the righ stick forward and go up to 36mph (top speed in gps mode). What I'm not sure is what happens if you lose signal with forward 100% and RTH kicks in .. I think it stays at the top speed (36mph), not 22mph. I need to test and look at a log. Didn't want you guys trying distance and come up short cause i gave partial info :)

NP Dig, that info is still good to know and I had no idea it was like that...Thanks

Reactions: Digdat0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94