Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Thanks Digdat. And thanks for your help on this forum about long range flying, you inspire us ( at least me!) to follow your path
Thanks man. I was inspired by guys like dirtybum, phnx57, procharged, ed209,marknmd, unknowncaller, leeSk, maxwell and others. All I learned, I read from what those guys posted. Kudos to the real OGs here .. :)

My first no camera flight with 6600mah Lihv landed @24% 10 mph winds

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 441
  • image.png
    image.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 432
My first no camera flight with 6600mah Lihv landed @24% 10 mph winds

Well done Mike !!
May be there is a post about flying Cameraless but as a newbie in this game,I have a lot of questions about this :
- I suppose your are flying only with data and map ? exact ?
- How much weight you remove ? What you remove exactly ? Camera , camera & guimbal, upper &lower plate ?
- And how DJI GO react without video feed ?
Thanks by advance !

Reactions: Mikepoo
So, I do another PB today with my P3 A full stock : 6240 m (20 472 ft) . It seems it put me in the leaderboard this time !!
I flied higher and without tree in the LOS so the video was pretty good but became very weak just before going home. Took a screen shot a press the RTH button. Very long, long wait but finally go home and landed with 15 % battery.
It's time to go to windsurfer antenna & battery mod before I put my name in the "I crash my P3 " leaderboard ...

IMG_0139.PNG IMG_0138.PNG

Well done Mike !!
May be there is a post about flying Cameraless but as a newbie in this game,I have a lot of questions about this :
- I suppose your are flying only with data and map ? exact ?
- How much weight you remove ? What you remove exactly ? Camera , camera & guimbal, upper &lower plate ?
- And how DJI GO react without video feed ?
Thanks by advance !
I can answer a few of these.

Yes, you are flying with only data and map. Really, you are relying 100% on the map being your "eyes" if you go out past where you can see the aircraft. Make sure to cache those google maps beforehand, or have cell/hotspot service. Don't fly without the map. And, be extra vigilant in watching your numbers, volts, without camera there is very little room for error.

The camera is 190g or so, i round up and call it 200g. In my case, i removed the camera and gimbal by detaching the drop-pins and shocks, unplugged the camera and then unscrewed the plastic plate connected to the aircraft. I left one wire on camera, the other goes inside the phantom so i took a small piece of tape and taped to the side. so you end up removing the camera and the plate, one cable but leave one cable.

DJI go is fine without video feed. There will just be black where the video would have been, and you may get "no image transmission" message on the top. But otherwise, it doesnt stop anything at all you can fly perfectly normal. But, no video and no pictures ... as alas, you have no camera.

The gentleman's agreement on this board is that this is for flights WITH the camera only. A few have flown without, and they do this usually for information sharing and we don't put those on the leaderboard here. In those cases, you can see guys like DB calling out out straight up that there was no cam and it should not be on the list.

Thanks Digdat !
I began 2 years ago with a F450 and an old Gopro1, used to send it at about 1,5/2 km and RTH ( many times because I lost the TX transmission ) and loved looking at the video later. Of course, one time, it registered a bad Home position and flew away ... it was time to buy a Phantom, and this little thing is amazing.
Too bad I bought it 15 days too earlier and have the old motors (2312). But today, 20 mn fly and 15% battery remaining is not so bad afterall ...
Is anybody here try to put a little camera (like Mobius 2) instead the guimbal and feed the video link with it ? We can save 150 g and still have the video..

Woot, Crazy day. I was not very time efficient with the flight so I probably could have gone further.
I'm glad I turned around when I did because I hand caught at 3%. The official landing percent was 1%.
22,130 ft on Windsurfers. :D

View attachment 67566

Nice flight Dee! Its good to get down to 2% now and again. Adrenaline[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My first test flight with new Maxx range antenna P3P remote easily flew 26,131 ft ..was running a couple of nano tech 1800s. Hey Max can you update leaderboard for me...thanks

Nice flight Alan, pretty good mileage for some nano's! And they dont stress the aircraft[emoji41] just because flyers are goin 8+ miles these days, its still amazing that we can just cruise out 25000 and make it back w/ full signal and juice to spare! It fun times! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl