Official P3 Range Leaderboard

wow, thats heavy .. but seriously 81% at 33k is really good. how does it fly with the 8k on there? pretty sluggish or still responsive?

It's pretty responsive...no issues for now but only time will tell if I damage the motors or Esc...I turned the brakes down to 70% like you suggested...I weighed the battery it's 630 grams and I today I removed the VPS which weighed 12 grams...Anything else people are removing to lightin it up a little besides the camera?...Maybe the led lights...I think every little bit helps...

It's pretty responsive...no issues for now but only time will tell if I damage the motors or Esc...I turned the brakes down to 70% like you suggested...I weighed the battery it's 630 grams and I today I removed the VPS which weighed 12 grams...Anything else people are removing to lightin it up a little besides the camera?...Maybe the led lights...I think every little bit helps...

i think its okay to give a away some secrets, right? below are a few things i may or may not take off of my aircraft on long range flights. havent gone as far as taking the actual led off though, i've read that if the led is un-soldered the motors won't start, but that i havent tested. i'm not saying folks should go stripping any of this off their phantom though, and when you remove essential parts, remember you create some risk you must be willing to accept.

UPCyJGO.jpg

i think its okay to give a away some secrets, right? below are a few things i may or may not take off of my aircraft on long range flights. havent gone as far as taking the actual led off though, i've read that if the led is un-soldered the motors won't start, but that i havent tested. i'm not saying folks should go stripping any of this off their phantom though, and when you remove essential parts, remember you create some risk you must be willing to accept.

UPCyJGO.jpg
That's awesome! I didn't even think of the LED covers..Thanks!...I think its okay to give good info...I personally won't keep secrets bud...

Flu out to 2500m today...just to the edge of the ocean
Over a sub power station with no problems....
Have a stock P3A with windsurfers...
Going to fly out to the hills/mountains behind me and take the height restrictions of and fly up the face,should get some good footage..

Reactions: Digdat0
Hey Atlantic Surfer that last run when lost signal completely and disconnected I was using Maxx range antenna with 2 nano tech 1800s onboard...my battery mod is soldered on battery main board contacts. Usually when this happens it reconnects when picks up signal again but not this time??

Hey Atlantic Surfer that last run when lost signal completely and disconnected I was using Maxx range antenna with 2 nano tech 1800s onboard...my battery mod is soldered on battery main board contacts. Usually when this happens it reconnects when picks up signal again but not this time??
Thanks for the reply. The Phantoms are amazing but sometimes unpredictable !
Seems it's time to get more juice in your tank and overall LiHV batteries

Yeah will do..mind you when you start getting over 30k you start to wonder will i make it back home again..lol

Yeah will do..mind you when you start getting over 30k you start to wonder will i make it back home again..lol
i was taught to always have a ditch plan. It's gonna happen, so you gotta plan for it. Over my flight path, I have a few spots I know well and can put the aircraft down if required and easy recover the phantom. Not desired, but I've used twice successfully when a cell died in an external pack.

Last edited:
It seams like these days I'm landing in a "ditch place" two miles short on more occasions than I make it to home point. Its just a good idea to have a backup place in mind[emoji41] thats why those who fly over the water should consider being a few thousand feet inland

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pluto88888
Well done ! You fill a gap in the leaderboard between 25000 ft and 40000 f. 10km 32800 ft is also my next goal !
I assume you talk about the MaxxRange antenna but boosted or unboosted ? Your signal score is not so good
And battery mod is your 2 Venom 2300, right ?

Thanks...yes using the 2 venom 2300s..unboosted

I beat the 32,800 this morning and hit 34,233 with same set up and got better signal score

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV

UPCyJGO.jpg
Dig I did a flight today with my P3a. Got out to 23242 ft and turned around had 60% battery. Wind picked up :mad:. I seen my battery going down fast. ( no mods to the drone)I was at 191 ft high did a slow climb to 240ft. when I hit 12% it started coming down I still was going 32mph. I did not want to tumble it in so at 32ft elevation. I stopped and landed 2400 ft away. I was watching where I was landing not to land on top of a bush.

Last edited:
Dig I did a flight today with my P3a. Got out to 23242 ft and turned around had 60% battery. Wind picked up :mad:. I seen my battery going down fast. ( no mods to the drone)I was at 191 ft high did a slow climb to 240ft. when I hit 12% it started coming down I still was going 32mph. I did not want to tumble it in so at 32ft elevation. I stopped and landed 2400 ft away. I was watching where I was landing not to land on top of a bush.
Wow, did you go and recover it okay ?? I hope so!! That sounds crazy man .. hope ya got it back

Did a night flight, balmy full moon and dead calm just ideal conditions tried multistar 4.0 high capacity flew 27,106 turned around 67% and landed 30% flight time 21mins. Played it safe tonight.

Did a night flight, balmy full moon and dead calm just ideal conditions tried multistar 4.0 high capacity flew 27,106 turned around 67% and landed 30% flight time 21mins. Played it safe tonight.
I have not done any night flying yet. I will say I did fly around on 4th July. But not far.

Nice weather here with almost no wind.
New PR : 29 874 ft - 9106 m with Multistar 4,0 and windsurfer antenna. Turned around at 73% and landed at 35%, so now the limiting factor is the antenna
CCP / Maxxrange / DBS/ Terminator or another solution that is the question !!
Just finished to read the 88 pages thread : MaxxRange vs Terminator. Need to read now the CCP Antenna thread, just 32 pages ....
Digdat if you have a summary, you welcome !

PS: forgot to disable the Smart RTH before the take off but I done it in flight and it works. I could come back faster.

Last edited:
Nice weather here with almost no wind.
New PR : 29 874 ft - 9106 m with Multistar 4,0 and windsurfer antenna. Turned around at 73% and landed at 35%, so now the limiting factor is the antenna
CCP / Maxxrange / DBS/ Terminator or another solution that is the question !!
Just finished to read the 88 pages thread : MaxxRange vs Terminator. Need to read now the CCP Antenna thread, just 32 pages ....
Digdat if you have a summary, you welcome !

PS: forgot to disable the Smart RTH before the take off but I done it in flight and it works. I could come back faster.
Nice flight. I went back out today also, No wind temp. in the upper 70's. I fly from the east to the west So I have the sun at my back.
I thought I was past 23k and turned around I was looking for the road to line back up on seen a street and started. wrong street it was I-10. I notice it was not right so corrected that and headed home. Landed with with 10% only made it to 22745ft. the 23000 will be and other day. My problem ( I keep forgetting) I have auto tinting glasses, makes it hard to read the screen. that is why I thought I was 23K.

So just a little more than your last flight. Always no battery mod and with the little Maxx Antenna ? Right ?

Ps: you have a warning in HD for a major deviation cell ( in case yo don't see it)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119