Official P3 Range Leaderboard

IMG_0155.PNG
Not a breaking news but I done a newPB today: 8046m -26398 ft. First try with the windsurfer antenna and battery mod (Multistar 4.0A ) and a little headwind to go back so I didn't push too far. Landed with 35% in the tank but some datalink and Video issues at the turn.
IMHO it's not really fair to mix "stock" performance and "Open class" in the same leaderboard. In 6 months anybody who can put 100 bucks in battery mods and a Winsurf antenna will overtake any stock distance. And it's certainly far far more difficult to do a 25000 ft with a stock phantom than 26000 like me today
My 2 cents ...

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
View attachment 68371

Hey Jake here's mine showing 22,199.2 ft at turn around with my P4 , ITE LITE antenna unboosted, and with stock battery landed with 10% left in the tank for a round trip total of 44,810ft...was an exciting flight

Thats a nice flight! This specific leader board is for phantom 3 though, here's the link to the phantom 4 leaderboard: Official P4 Range Leaderboard

cheers!

Nice flight mrdave543 i have similar set up hit 26,050 last flight...what batteries are you using?

How do i prove my distance? Is there a screen recorder i can download maybe? Or is there a file that saves on my memory card?

Hi blessed77
You can take a screenshot at the turn around and a screenshot of the Dji flightlog at the end of the flight to be sure you really back home !

How do i prove my distance? Is there a screen recorder i can download maybe? Or is there a file that saves on my memory card?
you can also use healthydrones.com .. there is an app for Android and iOS to allow ya to upload logs, then it shows on their site easily. Screenshot that and bam, good to go!

@mrdave543 Nice flight and the antenna seems to perform great

I'm not sure I would have the balls to launch the P3 against a 17mph headwind at my 2nd battery test and over the ocean....
No escape plan if something is going wrong !!!

Reactions: Digdat0

I'm not sure I would have the balls to launch the P3 against a 17mph headwind at my 2nd battery test and over the ocean....

Yeah I don't do long distance flights over water anymore .... this video is why. I tried to do 25k and back with stock battery. On the return tip, At 11:40 I realized I wasn't making it back over water, it was find landing spot or lose the bird. Tried to make it to the easiest recoverable location where someon wouldn't steal it.

I knew the risks and agree it's not for everyone....but at same time I would rather crash it into the water and lose the drone than crash it in the city over people or damage property.

Yeah doing long range flights over water is risky as I found out this morning...was out 21k over the ocean wind picked up suddenly and I thought better head home, had a cross wind on return trip and eventually landed with 16% battery (wont be doing that again in a hurry!)

I got out to 30,639 ft this morning but did not make it all the way back. After hitting home button had signal loss and the word Disconnected showed in the app and never reconnected (bit of a worry) but I knew the bird would still head home. After 15 mins waiting nothing..obviouslyIMG_0078.JPG SAM_0484.JPG landed somewhere. I found the bird 800m short alongside a side road in some short grass..very glad to locate the phantom!

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94